Worst action movie of all time?

mpm74

My vote goes for John Moore's A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, a film I describe as soulless, bland, idiotic and an embarrassment to Bruce Willis’ career (I’ll easily sit through any of Willis’ recent straight-to-DVD titles over it any day!).

Anyways, what your guys' choice for the worst action film of all time?

I don't think I ever saw "A Good Day to Die Hard."

I probably haven't seen it since it came out, but I always remember Stallone's "Cobra" to be a really clichéd, mean-spirited, cynical, ugly, soulless movie.

Drunken Monk

I don't think "A Good Day to Die Hard" comes close to being the worst action film of all time and I hated that film.

Does anyone remember "Soldier" with Kurt Russell? That was a nightmare. And that John Woo film, "Paycheck."

I recall seeing a number of terrible action films from the 80's and 90's too.

NoKUNGFUforYU

The list goes on and on. Cobra was bad, so was Payback, there were so many movies where drugs were involved and portrayed as evil, even though Hollywood is 80% substance abusers. I would say Last Boy Scout and Con Air have to be up there. We could go on all day- I am in a minority, but I hate everything that Frank Miller does- he's a racist reactionary and his work is basically fascistic, especially the 300 movies. Read up on the Spartans, they were basically Nazi's.

I remember Raw Deal as being horrendous, and I was pretty lubricated when I saw it, and even then it sucked hard.

masterofoneinchpunch
I agree with Drunken Monk, "A Good Day to Die Hard" is not even close to being the worst action film of all time. Here is my top ten:

Gymkata (1985)

Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987)

Double Dragon (1994)

Catwoman (2004)

Freejack (1992)

Battleship (2012)

Battlefield Earth (2000)

Steel (1997)

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002)

Barb Wire (1996)

I was going to suggest Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. A film so bad I had to watch it in 15 minute increments or I was going to blow up my TV.

Freejack: I've seen this film twice I still remember nothing about it except for Mick Jagger in a tank.

Battleship: I actually liked this.

Secret Executioner
I was going to suggest Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. A film so bad I had to watch it in 15 minute increments or I was going to blow up my TV.

Freejack: I've seen this film twice I still remember nothing about it except for Mick Jagger in a tank.

Battleship: I actually liked this.

Just... WTF ?!

A dreadful one: Lethal Ninja. Some low budget TV movie from the mid-1990s - the French DVD (one of the many releases actually) has a cool artwork though, borrowed from the French Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger (yes, starring Dragon Lee and Hwang Jang Lee) VHS:

A.jpg

The VHS, with a nice sounding movie

picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=5936

The DVD, with the piece of shit on it

I always thought Johnny Handsome was pretty lame. Everything about it sounded cool, but the end product was pretty lifeless. I kept waiting for it to get good, and it never happened.

Secret Executioner
What about "Barb Wire?"

Even in a terrible movie, a hot busty blonde in fetish attire remains a hot busty blonde in fetish attire. Only explaination I see.

My vote goes for John Moore's A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, a film I describe as soulless, bland, idiotic and an embarrassment to Bruce Willis’ career (I’ll easily sit through any of Willis’ recent straight-to-DVD titles over it any day!).

Anyways, what your guys' choice for the worst action film of all time?

Come on you must've seen much worse action movies? I mean you must've seen worse Bruce Willis action movies? Much worse Hollywood action movies? Not to mention some shocking kung fu movies over the years? Van Damme, seagal straight to DVD titles?

Come on you must've seen much worse action movies? I mean you must've seen worse Bruce Willis action movies? Much worse Hollywood action movies? Not to mention some shocking kung fu movies over the years? Van Damme, seagal straight to DVD titles?

______

In the context (I know I keep on mentioning that word) of it 1) being a fairly big Hollywood flick, 2) being part of one of the most noted action franchises ever and 3) the fact that Moore even got hired to do it (and is still getting work) - it’s the worst film ever made. And no, any straight-to-video action film is better. Anyone’s home video footage is better. Even Cum Guzzler Midget Gangbang with Hairy Armpits Vol. 14 is better. At least we know it’ll have some dialogue, not to mention the presence of a heart and a soul!

Now, if you’re talking about the action (and ONLY the action), sure, it has some passable frames, but what's decent action when it's attached to dead air?

I don`t think DieH5 is that bad, major complaint tho plot does not take on before middle of movie before that had feeling I was just watching random scenes.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I Cum Guzzler Midget Gangbang with Hairy Armpits Vol. 14

This was a good film up until the twist at the end. Pretty weak if you asked me.

In the context (I know I keep on mentioning that word) of it 1) being a fairly big Hollywood flick, 2) being part of one of the most noted action franchises ever and 3) the fact that Moore even got hired to do it (and is still getting work) - it’s the worst film ever made. And no, any straight-to-video action film is better. Anyone’s home video footage is better. Even Cum Guzzler Midget Gangbang with Hairy Armpits Vol. 14 is better. At least we know it’ll have some dialogue, not to mention the presence of a heart and a soul!

Now, if you’re talking about the action (and ONLY the action), sure, it has some passable frames, but what's decent action when it's attached to dead air?

I still think you're being extremely harsh. While it's not exactly the strongest diehard I just can't see how you can categorically call it the worst action movie of all time? I generally try to forget the awful action movies I have seen but this film had a lot of positives. Firstly it had some very good car chase action that largely looked real rather than CGI. In so many action films these days especially from Hollywood I don't really care a great deal about the lead characters. Personally I found it great to see John Maclean once more. It was far from perfect but I have seen so much worse. I know I'm probably pretty much alone in this but I cannot stand all these comic book movies. They are just dire action movies, obviously there are a few exceptions but it's all just CGI nonsense and there's no real jeopardy as the heroes are all superhuman. Anyway I'm sure I've seen even worse action movies than them, Much much worse.

If you think plastic Barbie dolls are attractive. I'm not going to argue with you. :neutral:

"Barb Wire" came out in 1996. I was fourteen. To a fourteen year old boy, Pamela Anderson was as good as it got.

She was a goddess to me in my early teens and I practically crawled through broken glass to get her sex-tape with Tommy Lee.