Mark Dacascos

DiP

I watched Only the Strong and it was average and I was pretty disappointed. I wasn't expecting it to be amazing but I found the villain a bit annoying and the Capoeira stuff got a bit boring. I find that style doesn't really make for good fights (well in this at least).

Mark looked great in it and Geoffrey Lewis is always good.

Spoiler

One thing I found odd was how Marks character was kind of weak. He got his arse handed to him almost twice.

Also seeing the kid get killed in the fire was unexpected.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I'm going to give China Strike Force and Drive a rewatch. Haven't seen those in aaaaaages!

The story of China Strike Force is wack but the action is top-notch. Aaron Kwok got bashed alot at the time for his non-martial arts abilities but his overall athleticism is still spot on (was he into sports before becoming a pop star and actor?) As for Drive... It's a very fun story and characters, and with his best action scenes of his career.

• Like 2

I tried uploading Mark's only fight scene in Blade of the 47 Ronin but youtube has gone extreme these days with copyright material. The movie looks trash but at least Mark shows that he still can pull off fight scenes and not look slow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DiP said:

I tried uploading Mark's only fight scene in Blade of the 47 Ronin but youtube has gone extreme these days with copyright material. The movie looks trash but at least Mark shows that he still can pull off fight scenes and not look slow.

I'll add that to the MD list to watch. Quite like Anna Akana too. :wink

Is it true no actual trailer exists for it?

I thought this was it but it turns out it's just a fan trailer (a bad one at that).

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 3:12 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

I'll add that to the MD list to watch. Quite like Anna Akana too. :wink

Is it true no actual trailer exists for it?

I thought this was it but it turns out it's just a fan trailer (a bad one at that).

Looks like the movie never got majorly promoted. Like so many of his recent DTV movies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1