Mark Dacascos

DiP

Mark's best "movie" was Universal Studioss ADVENTURES OF CONAN.

It also starred Karen Sheperd (Shinobi Ninja, Sword of Heaven, Above the Law).

=)

• Like 1

There is great episode in "tales from the crypt season 6" with mark dacascos in it.

Yes, "The Pit". That was one of my all-time favorite episodes of the series. Excellent cast with Mark, Stoney Jackson, Marjean Holden, and Debbe Dunning...the ending to that episode was a total shock but loved it!!!

And as seen in a recent new thread, the project with Alexander Nevsky is a go...they begin shooting in February.

• Like 1

he was great as Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat Legacy season II, I've been waiting for confirmation on a season 3. I saw some training photos with him and Casper Van Dien (Johnny Cage), which said they were for MKL 3, but it seems to have slipped under the radar. I know Warner Bros. announced a "new" MK web series in October, the question is, will it be brand new or MKL3? And if it is a brand new series, will there ever be a 3rd season of Legacy?

• Like 1

There's a German BD edition of Sabotage (with a newly recorded interview with Mark as one of the extras) due for release on November 23. I've read reviews on various sites and it's got mostly positive reactions. I might blind buy this but I'm not sure yet. Is it worth getting?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B015FUDY98?keywords=sabotage&qid=1446429210&ref_=sr_1_9&s=dvd&sr=1-9

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I have got to see Crying Freeman!

It's one of his best roles in my opinion, I dont think you'll be dispointed @Tosh. When I rented this as a teenager, I thought the tatoo and gun he has in the movie, were the coolest things ever.

Dacascos as Yo Hinomura, is armed and dangerous in Crying Freeman(1995).

06580f0847cc9b00951eaf906a61416d.jpg

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, Tosh said:

I have got to see Crying Freeman!

It's really good, but a word to the wise, you won't get hardly any MA action until the very end, and while it's good, you'll wish there was more.

• Like 1

The deepest I dug for some Mark Dacascos action: The Cleaner with Cedric the Entertainer. *Sigh*

His best work for me is Drive, but he reached Tan Tao-Liang levels of superkicking in the finale to Cradle 2 the Grave.

• Like 3

I have to admit, I love Drive and the finale of the original Kickboxer saga for me lived up to its name thanks to Mark, The Redemption

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
32 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

His best work for me is Drive, but he reached Tan Tao-Liang levels of superkicking in the finale to Cradle 2 the Grave.

Dacascos followed up one of his best roles with the poorly made Armegeddon(1997), oppisite Rutger Haur. Too bad they never made a sequel to Drive, the film was one of Hong Kong Legends biggest selling DVD's in the U.K.

Whats your opinion on Brotherhood Of The Wolf and Crying Freeman Doc?.

600full-brotherhood-of-the-wolf-poster.j

• Like 2

On 01/03/2017 at 11:20 AM, DragonClaws said:

Whats your opinion on Brotherhood Of The Wolf and Crying Freeman Doc?.

I haven't seen either of them...

*Sigh* Here's my practitioner's license.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
5 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I haven't seen either of them...

*Sigh* Here's my practitioner's license.

Thats might make a nice double bill one day, but like @ShaOW!linDude has already pointed, Crying Freeman is light on Martial Arts action. More gun/swordplay, but if your a fan of the actor its more than worth watching. Still a lot of films in his filmogrpahy that I've yet to see. There's also a lot I've watched on latenight T.V, that 'd like to re-watch.

• Like 1

OMG....Get ready for the trivia books...Mark Dacascos can be considered to be a former Power Ranger! Shuki Levy revealed that when he directed a test pilot of the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Mark was cast as the Red Ranger!!!

Here's the excerpt. Check out the full interview http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-creator-lost-tv-pilot-salary-dispute-rumors-987728

You became a director thanks to Power Rangers. What are your memories from the early days?

I had never directed anything in my life when it comes to movies or TV, but we took a small crew and we had a lot of fun with it. We shot a pilot that never aired, the very original one. Haim was shopping for years and years and years until we made a deal with Fox. Obviously, by the time we made the deal with Fox, the whole cast was too old to play Power Rangers, so we recast. This original pilot of Power Rangers, which never aired, the Red Ranger was a guy named Mark Dacascos. Mark Dacascos is the Iron Chef America. I just saw him not long ago, it was fun seeing him again after all this time. Super nice guy.

• Like 4

Has anyone here viewed any episodes from the ninja inspired T.V series The Way, with Mark Dacascos among the the cast?. I wont post the trialer here, as I've already posted in a couple of the threads on the forum, in Back To The Shadows: The Ninja Movie Appreciation Thread & the T.V Forum.

MV5BNjI5ZGRjZjEtOTMwMC00NjBmLWI3N2ItM2Rh

• Like 1

One Mark Dacascos movie, I still really need to track down and view.

Only The Strong(1993)

MarkDacascos.jpeg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2