Remo Williams is Coming Back!!!

AlbertV

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

I met that guy once. He is a friend of a friend. He's a funny, weird, depressed guy, but he'll do a great job on it, if it can be done. Hopefully they use a real Korean 3rd time out, or it may be 3 strikes and your out, lol!

• Administrator
Shane Black is directing a Remo Williams action film based on the original source material of The Destroyer by Warren Murphy.

That's great news. Even though I thought the original film was NOT what it should've been, I enjoy it for it's camp value and the under-rated, and always worth watching Fred Ward.

Hopefully they use a real Korean 3rd time out, or it may be 3 strikes and your out, lol!

Third time out? There are two films already? :ooh:

masterofoneinchpunch

I had seen the Fred Ward Remo Williams film so many times in my youth which led me to buying several of the Destroyer books to read. I think I still have the books. They were fun reads and I remember when Men's Adventures books were selling quite well in the later 80s. I think the only time I was dissapointed in going from movie to book was with Fletch.

Anyways, the MGM R1 copy of the movie is FS. I hope they rerelease the movie when the new one comes along.

I will certainly watch the new film.

ShaOW!linDude
Third time out? There are two films already? :ooh:

Well first. there was the film starring Fred Ward and Joel Grey.

Then there was a television movie which was to serve as pilot/kickoff for a series starring Jeffrey Meek as Remo and Roddy McDowell as Chiun. It failed. It was awful. They were showing it a couple of years ago on one of the Showtime channels or something, and I watched it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236677/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_62

So I think he means this will be the 3rd foray with this character and if it bombs...

And if not a Korean, at least cast an Asian. But if you're going to do that, then cast a Korean. There's plenty of candidates.

Archived