The Weird Kung-Fu Movies Thread

Guest schleg64

I didn't realize Yuen Si Fu was in this.  I believe him and Johnny Chan also teamed up for the sequel Disciples of Eagle's Shadow. 

Is the sequel as much fun Morogth?.

Drunken Dragon

AKA Exciting Dragon, 1985  

Chiang Sheng plays "Granny", also features Philip Ko Fei, Leung Kar-Yan

This is one of the most absurd Fu movies I have seen, so far

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
On 10/3/2015 at 8:56 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

'Mantis Fists and Tiger Claws of Shaolin' :tongueout - 

"Shuang Shuang, I don't blame you for it, but I'd kind of like you to live." That owned me. :laugh

I have to find this!!! How have I not known about this movie!

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

"Shuang Shuang, I don't blame you for it, but I'd kind of like you to live." That owned me. :laugh

I have to find this!!! How have I not known about this movie!

This is your cheapest option & the version that I have. New for $2.00, & you get 'Duel of the Braves Ones' thrown in for good measure! -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005UQ7L/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493044265&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mantis+fist+%26+tiger+claws+of+shaolin

PS & sorry to disappoint you dude, but the line is "Shuang Shuang, I don't blame you for it, but I can't allow you to live."

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

PS & sorry to disappoint you dude, but the line is "Shuang Shuang, I don't blame you for it, but I can't allow you to live."

Hah! You're right. I need to clean my ears out. 

Good looking out. Added to my cart.

Edited by ShaOW!linDude

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, lungfei said:

proper brain melting stuff.

The Chinese Gods movie or the King Kung Fu movie?, both look like they could leave you feeling brain dead.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The Chinese Gods movie or the King Kung Fu movie?, both look like they could leave you feeling brain dead.

both :D

proper gorilla shapes. :D

• Like 3

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, lungfei said:

proper gorilla shapes. :D

Kong Skull Island might have a lot of over sized montsers, but it doesn't feature any shapes busting gorillas.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, DragonClaws said:

Kong Skull Island might have a lot of over sized montsers, but it doesn't feature any shapes busting gorillas.

kong tearing down buildings with his gorilla mantis fist technique is something i need to see. :D 

Edited by lungfei
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

When is Planet Of The Shapes hitting cinemas then Lung Fei?

Chan Sing wrestles with an ape, in Bruce Lee The Invincible(1978).

bl_invinc-1.1.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

When is Planet Of The Shapes hitting cinemas then Lung Fei?

Chan Sing wrestles with an ape, in Bruce Lee The Invincible(1978).

bl_invinc-1.1.jpg

proper gorilla shapes again :D nice one mate.

hopefully soon mate :D but there needs to be a scene at the end where the gorilla sifu and his clan have a stick battle old skool style. :D 

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

I've run across a used copy of Lady Iron Monkey before, just a couple of months ago actually. I was tempted to pick it up, but knowing nothing about it, I was a little leery.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I've run across a used copy of Lady Iron Monkey before, just a couple of months ago actually. I was tempted to pick it up, but knowing nothing about it, I was a little leery.

Looking at the screen capture from the movie, I think you were right to be a little lery of this one. That said, it could still feature some decent fight choreography?.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Looking at the screen capture from the movie, I think you were right to be a little lery of this one. That said, it could still feature some decent fight choreography?.

I thought the same thing. And it was only a couple of bucks. If I come across it again, I might nab it. Depends on my mood.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

I thought the same thing. And it was only a couple of bucks. If I come across it again, I might nab it. Depends on my mood.

From the HKMDB:

"Ape Girl is 30 minutes of excrutiatingly dumb Cantonese comedy, followed by another hour of excrutiatingly dumb Cantonese comedy mixed with some romance and mediocre fight scenes. The inclusion of fighting heavies Lo Lieh and Chen Sing, who just can't seem to keep his shirt on in this one, and some fairly solid choreography keep "Ape Girl" from being a total waste of time."

• Like 3