The Weird Kung-Fu Movies Thread

Guest schleg64

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

LOL Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon on crack huh? Perhaps I'll check that one out somewhere down the line. 

a091644b732be9a37332866ba0999f9bdbe8d553

Looks like the perfect late night Kung Fu flick for Halloween TS.

Although this movie appears to be a parody of a Gu Long novel it contains excellent wire fu and fighting within as well as some of the funniest dialogue and farfetched movie plots you'll ever see in jade cinema.Kam Kong makes a special guest appearance as a Kung fu Incredible Hulk character complete with the green skin and strength to boot.

Jade Dagger Ninja aka Shaolin Fox Conspiracy.gif

JadeDaggerNinja+1982-33-t.jpeg

So Bolo's not the only one to don the green paint for a Hulk style role. In Snake Deadly Act Bolo has a cameo as a not too smart strongman with green skin, who's been exploited by his money making partner. The old Hulk T.V series must have been an influence.

• Like 1

I am surprised no one has mentioned Demon of the Lute after mentioning another "Demon" movie featuring Pao Piao.

Its awesome, but defenitely has some weird things. A crazy intro and theme song, a badass kid named Ding Dong, Lee Hoi San with a giant axe (and I mean giant) and a red Afro or something, Kara Hui with telekinetic sword powers...and more.

But again, it's an awesome movie.

Edited by paimeifist

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Oh hell,  Pai Piao is in Demon of the Lute too. (Yes...yes he is...) :tongueout

That man is the unofficial king of weirdo kung fu films (and I love him in them.)  I'll have to eventually seek DoTL out. 

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi
  • Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

If I hadn't been a Lu Feng fan girl before seeing  the unbelievably goofy Fight Among The Supers, I sure was afterward. Lu had some insane moments in the film as the God of the Bowls (the pig spell gets me every time.) It looked like he had a lot of fun making this. Alas, Chiang Sheng got the short end of the chopstick with his God of the Chopsticks character, but still...this movie makes me laugh out loud. I remembered watching this when I had an awful day and just lit right up. There's a lot of the usual ghostly hoodoo going on and the aforementioned pig spell was hilarious. 

The  premise is not unlike Odd Couple (1979) in which two elders take younger students to fight in their place, but I much prefer watching the two old gods go at it. 

And now the opening sequence:

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Here comes the million dollar question. What does the villain in a Black Magic-oriented Fu film do when he's in trouble ? Why, he summons Count Dracula of course - and the best part is... Drake DOES show up. 

Edited by Secret Executioner
  • Like 2

Legend of Mother Goddess  starring Judy Lee. 

Here is a very detailed review of this rare obscurity (with pics) starring Judy Lee as a Chinese sword slinging Goddess.

With dragons, monsters, and other bizzarre creatures.

Weird Fu stuff

• Like 2

Legend of Mother Goddess  starring Judy Lee. 

Here is a very detailed review of this rare obscurity (with pics) starring Judy Lee as a Chinese sword slinging Goddess.

With dragons, monsters, and other bizzarre creatures.

Weird Fu stuff

One odd looking movie, is that Chan Sing sporting the orange skin, big ears and bad teeth?.

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Thanks for posting that MagicDragon: 

I love the idea of the Ears and Eyes of a 1,000 miles - so imaginative and a little bit out there. 

The weirdest thing I've seen is the finger in the belly button technique in Revenge of Drunken Master?

The needle Johnny Chan keeps usesing to make people laugh with is pretty random. His victims will suffer more from emotional damage than any kind of physical harm.

Edited by DragonClaws

Secret Executioner

The needle Johnny Chan keeps usese to make people laugh with is pretty random. His victims will suffer more from emotional damage than any kind of physical harm.

Don't forget that weird sound effect whenever he pricks someone - that FX would fit better in a sci-fi movie.  :coveredlaugh 

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

:monk_laughing:Oh god, I read those last few posts way too fast....

another candidate, Portrait in Crystal. 

• Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Thanks for posting those Tosh. I'll have to put Web of Death in my iTunes wish list. Heard some good things about it, but with Lo Lieh involved. it's definitely worth checking out. 

Morgoth Bauglir

7a336490467578392b11e576a9a27f44dedeb431

I didn't realize Yuen Si Fu was in this.  I believe him and Johnny Chan also teamed up for the sequel Disciples of Eagle's Shadow.