The Weird Kung-Fu Movies Thread

Guest schleg64

Guest schleg64

OK, we have topics on who's the best villain, the 10 best underrated films, best hero etc. So, in the spirit of things, can anybody name the oddest/weirdest martial arts flick that you've ever seen? I'm talking about real crazy, off-the-wall stuff. Take "Shaolin Invincibles" (please), it has Carter Wong fighting two gorillas who are proficient in kung fu. And their trainer in that movie with the freaky tongue. It's a miracle that Carter didn't bust out laughing in the middle of the film ( maybe he got all his yucks out prior to filming, I don't know). I just use this film as an example, but I'm sure their are odder ones out there. So, what weird films in the genre has anyone else seen?

Guest kungfusamurai

A lot of those ninja movies in the 80s were odd, especially Robert Tai's Ninja:The Final Duel.

But the oddest one, which was totally unexpected, was that freaky kung fu film with I think John Chang and Dean Shek and there's some half man/half praying mantis monster in the flick. Something Deadly Mantis - it was put onto DVD by GZ and then VA. That was like a Twilight Zone episode.

KFS

Guest oldeschool17

i wouldnt say this is the oddest, but definently one of the campiest: Wu Tang Vs Ninja aka Ninja Hunter aka Shaolin Hero.

Didnt this have a scene in the beginning where 2 young monks are spying on a dood getting it on with a whore and they are rubbing up on each other? anyways, theres of course Abbot White's methods of power in which he molest virgins and steals their essence, to zombie fighters that have flesh burning limbs, to Alexander Lo Rei and his friend with really bad hair do's(a mix between Billy Ray Cyrus and those Davey Crockett Racoon Hats). As a matter of fact, this movie was going on pretty decent until those two showed up. Never the less, i thought this movie was as camp as hell

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

There's a very unusual movie with Casanova Wong called THE SHAOLIN FIGHTERS. I uploaded

to Youtube some time ago.

Alas, the rest of the movie isn't quite this entertaining.

Guest peringaten

'12 Fairies aka '12 Animals'. No question about it. A far more demented take on the premise behind the already demented Zodiac Fighters. If you thought Lo Lieh firing sharks was whacked out, well '12 Animals' left me actually classified legitimately retarded for an undetermined period of time following viewing, possibly still ongoing. I'm still trying to shake off the after effects. Honestly, I used to be normal before I witnessed the torture scene in that flick. Like a Peringaten b.c./a.d. type thing; that film a demented epiphany to my hitherto before unopened eyes. The day my sensibilities were raped by 12 Fairies. O.k., I'm being WAY too over hyperbolic, but that film is fucked up stupid.

I'm talking psychedelic, fantastic WTF movie you've seen. I've heard Buddha's Palm is kinda nuts but what else? I need something crazy in my collection....

ZODIAC FIGHTERS is a wild flick. It has one scene where Lo Lieh has big rubber sharks emerge from the sand on a beach and attack people. Polly Shang Kwan is in it also.

THE TIGER LOVE (LEGEND OF THE TIGER) is also pretty damn bizarre but not sure I'd recommend it to anyone. Features possibly the only voice over from a tiger swearing revenge on those who killed his master. The tiger then changes into a cannibalistic old woman to kill those responsible. This doesn't happen till the last 15 or 20 minutes. A real stinker. Lo Lieh is in it too. He dies at the beginning being thrown over a cliff but shows up later on in the movie and no one says anything like they forgot he died earlier.

I have the poster for this no budget wonder...

briansfirstpicture154sq1.jpg

By venoms5, shot with Digimax A503 / Kenox D503 at 2007-10-04

My absolutely top favourite 2 totally psychedelic crazy ass movies must be the Yuen Clan Taoism Drunkard and Shaolin Drunkard. Those two are beyond crazy. Makes you wonder wtf you just watched after almost every scene :D. Yuen Clan are truly champions of the wonderfully odd. Everything you'll read on the internet about these two are most likely true.

Honorable mentions should be Young Taoism Fighter, Miracle Fighters, Drunken Tai-Chi and Exciting Dragon.

Perhaps even Raiders of Wu Tang (Raiders of Shaolin) and Crippled Masters.

Enjoy :D

My absolutely top favourite 2 totally psychedelic crazy ass movies must be the Yuen Clan Taoism Drunkard and Shaolin Drunkard. Those two are beyond crazy. Makes you wonder wtf you just watched after almost every scene :D. Yuen Clan are truly champions of the wonderfully odd. Everything you'll read on the internet about these two are most likely true.

Honorable mentions should be Young Taoism Fighter, Miracle Fighter and Exciting Dragon.

Enjoy :D

Yep, those two are pretty wild.

Kung Fu vs. Yoga was an insane one for me. Dupar Singh is just flat out unbelievable as the contortionist yoga master Singh. Just the way he moves is just frightening for me sometimes.

Morgoth Bauglir
Kung Fu vs. Yoga was an insane one for me. Dupar Singh is just flat out unbelievable as the contortionist yoga master Singh. Just the way he moves is just frightening for me sometimes.

Yeah that was a crazy end fight. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't!

Shaolin Dolemite and Ninja the Final Duel come to mind as crazy movies. Man I love nude fight scenes:D

The Amazing Super Chan is a film that is about as zany as I've ever seen. The acting, the weapons; including some sort of "Blood Sword" that drips and fills the sword case...:rolleyes:

Along with the typical leaps of astounding distances, practically all the blood from the studio prop dept. and a plot so convoluted, let's just say there's none to speak of...

But, I have it in my collection, and I'll watch it again soon.:P

Thanks for making me remember it. Anyone else remember?

Then I gotta check those out.

Zodiac Warrior sounds good just cuz there's FRIGGIN SHARKS jumping out of the sand!! And Lo Lieh!!

I can just hear Lo Lieh when he was pitched this idea: "There's sharks? Hiding in the sand? I control them ? Do you know I have been in some of the best Asian cinema ever made?? DEFINITELY."

Sorry, I've had a lot of coffee today.

Then I gotta check those out.

Zodiac Warrior sounds good just cuz there's FRIGGIN SHARKS jumping out of the sand!! And Lo Lieh!!

I can just hear Lo Lieh when he was pitched this idea: "There's sharks? Hiding in the sand? I control them ? Do you know I have been in some of the best Asian cinema ever made?? DEFINITELY."

Sorry, I've had a lot of coffee today.

ZODIAC FIGHTERS is really out there. I haven't watched the whole movie yet. It's a pretty bad movie but the part with the sharks was out there. There's another weird kung fu flick I can't remember the name but some of it takes place on an island and some girl marries a monkey(!) That's all I can remember about it right now. Anybody know the name of this one?

ironfistedmonk

Kung Fu Arts is the one where the girl marries a monkey, I started a thread about it a few weeks back now, crazy ass film lol

I've never gotten into those Yuen Clan films either, Miracle Fighters/Drunkard whatever, definitely not for me

Morgoth Bauglir

Secret of the water Technique is pretty crazy. Roc Tien Peng fights a zombie at the end, and then an alien comes out of the zombie's body.

Secret of the water Technique is pretty crazy. Roc Tien Peng fights a zombie at the end, and then an alien comes out of the zombie's body.

Oh forgot about that one. You wouldn't happen to know about a print that is better than the ground zero one would you? I kinda miss the subs during the last 10-15 mins :)