I see a new franchise...

Cheech, Chong and Chan.

awwww terrible man , damn, lol.

Kush Master..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackie responds...

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/21/world/asia/china-drugs-jackie-chan-son/index.html

The star of "Rush Hour" wrote that he felt "extremely furious" and "extremely shocked" at the news of his son's drug woes, adding that Jaycee's mother is "heartbroken."

"I hope that young people will see Jaycee as a cautionary tale and stay away from drugs," wrote Chan, who once campaigned against drug use and was named an anti-drugs ambassador in China in 2009.

"I failed to teach my son and I should also bear responsibility. Jaycee and I deeply bow in apology to society," concluded Chan on his Weibo, which has more than 23 million followers.

Why does Jackie feel like he has to apologise? Jaycee is 31, old enough to make his own decisions. I do hope the Chinese government show him some leniency.

This is just my opinion so don't throw any books or shuriken or darts...I feel there are two factors to the "apology". One is that Jackie is a goodwill ambassador for China's Anti-Drug Committee, so with Jaycee now charged on drug charges, it somewhat tarnished that aspect. The other, Jackie had been working non-stop on films that it wasn't until recently (say last decade) that he finally starting acting like a father. He never had the chance to really raise Jaycee due to his work. I think he even admitted that at one point. So he apologized for the drug charges but I think on a subconscious level, he is apologizing for not really being able to raise Jaycee when he was a kid as much as he felt he should have, I don't know.

Either way, whatever the outcome, I'm sure Jaycee will learn a very hard lesson in all of this and get his life back together afterwards.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I hope Jaycee goes to jail, what a dumbass. Being a son or a daughter to a celebrity gives you all the advantages in the world to take advantage of their star power and abuse their own privilege.

I hope Jaycee goes to jail, what a dumbass. Being a son or a daughter to a celebrity gives you all the advantages in the world to take advantage of their star power and abuse their own privilege.

Well, in terms of legality, that crap may work in Hollywood but in China, they won't take that. I just hope Jaycee learns from this experience.

I agree with OKFC celebrity or not I really don't care about that. Everyone should be judged/punished regardless of their background etc. But truth be told we all know this isn't the case, no matter where you go... Unfortunately :crossedlips:

New York Daily News

Jaycee Chan, the son of kung fu movie star Jackie Chan, was jailed for six months in China on Friday on a drugs charge, the latest celebrity felled by the government's aggressive anti-narcotics campaign.

The younger Chan, a 32-year-old actor and singer, was formally charged last month with "the crime of sheltering others to take drugs" after testing positive for marijuana, with police saying they found 100 grams of the drug at his home. He faced a maximum prison sentence of three years.

A judge in Beijing's Eastern District Court, where Chan was being tried, sentenced Chan to six months in prison and fined him 2,000 yuan ($322), according to a microblog post by the court.

Chan is likely to be set free in over a month as the authorities would take into account the time he had spent in detention since last August, according to Si Weijiang, a lawyer.

Prosecutors said on Friday Jaycee Chan had made his home available for two people, surnamed Ke and Li, to smoke marijuana, according to the court.

The court said Chan had "voluntarily pleaded guilty" to the prosecutors' allegations.

"I have broken the law and should be punished," Chan said in his final statement to the court, according to the microblog. "When I return to society, I will not repeat this because I have let my family and friends down yet again."

Archived