The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story (2014)

AlbertV

1403209132_saved-by-the-bell-lifetime-movie-zoom.jpg

This is premiering on Lifetime on Labor Day and this is all I got to say (see below)

gifsoup8.gif

Oh wait...it gets better...

CZsEYWVJ-rA

Final reaction to the video...

emo-shocked.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im sold..

Its alright coz im saved by the bell...

Stacey carosi was a dime piece!

Sold here also, you can have Stacy, Jesse always did it for me:wink:

You want to hear something crazy...the casting agent for this movie did the casting for the original series...

And as much as I have those reactions, I'm most likely gonna see this too. I've already seen the unauthorized Three's Company story movie and the unauthorized Charlie's Angels story...:tongue:

I'm actually reading the book that has spawned this movie, Behind the Bell, by Dustin Diamond. Wow! Apparently, Diamond is saying while some of it is true, most of it was written by a ghost writer...but Mark-Paul Gosselaar is not happy with the book or the movie.

The book is quite a read so far...I've read so far about the creator of the show, Mark-Paul, and Tiffani Thiessen...you all can have Stacy and Jessie....as long as I get Kelly :D

Morgoth Bauglir

Sounds like a good read. Last I heard of Screech he was performing comedy at a pizza place, and I think he got booed off stage.

I have to admit, I'm commending Lifetime for doing the daunting task of airing this. They used to show some pretty fun TV movies back in the day...here are some examples I remember:

Archie: To Riverdale and Back - 1990 NBC movie about Archie and the gang reuniting for their high school reunion. Archie was a lawyer, Betty was a teacher, Jughead was a psychiatrist, Reggie was a gym owner, and Veronica was...well, not everyone can change.

The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman Trilogy (1988-1990) - Three films that brought back Lee Majors' Steve Austin and Lindsay Wagner's Jamie Sommers back together, getting married, and at one point, helping two injured people become bionic like them. The final film of the series had a pre-fame Sandra Bullock.

Then once they changed their format, that's when they plays those typical...good girl meets bad boy, kidnapped, betrayal, romance novel-fare kind of films. So I'm actually glad they are showing this...gonna have to DVR it because I watch Monday Night Raw then LOL :P

Okay I watched it and just as I thought, it was extremely laughable...it was pretty bad. For some reason, the actress playing Elizabeth Berkley was acting like Jessie Spano on AND off the sets...The focus of the film is Dustin Diamond, as he narrates the story and how to show made him a star, which was both a blessing AND a curse for him as he felt he needed to break away from playing Screech. It goes as far as him getting drunk at an autograph signing to being blackmailed by some punk kid who he thought was a friend (this was mentioned in his "book" that he claimed a ghost writer did). He said how Mark-Paul and him had good chemistry as Zack and Screech but with the inclusion of Mario and the others, they shunned him yet he shows how Mark-Paul ended up becoming an okay guy at the end.

The soundtrack is even funnier...classic 80's and 90's tracks like..."Word Up" by Cameo, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot, and "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe are heard in the film.

I wish the casting agent could have casted better people...ones who actually looked like the original cast....though had Dylan Everett have been taller, he would have really passed for Mark-Paul Gosselaar rather than a Mini-Me version LOL...Sorry had to say that.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah, the casting for this is all over the place. Did you see the trailer for the Brittany Murphy story??? I was like, Lifetime, what are you doing??? I like Brittany Murphy but she doesn't need her own lifetime movie, let her go in peace.

Morgoth Bauglir
Okay I watched it and just as I thought, it was extremely laughable...it was pretty bad. For some reason, the actress playing Elizabeth Berkley was acting like Jessie Spano on AND off the sets...The focus of the film is Dustin Diamond, as he narrates the story and how to show made him a star, which was both a blessing AND a curse for him as he felt he needed to break away from playing Screech. It goes as far as him getting drunk at an autograph signing to being blackmailed by some punk kid who he thought was a friend (this was mentioned in his "book" that he claimed a ghost writer did). He said how Mark-Paul and him had good chemistry as Zack and Screech but with the inclusion of Mario and the others, they shunned him yet he shows how Mark-Paul ended up becoming an okay guy at the end.

The soundtrack is even funnier...classic 80's and 90's tracks like..."Word Up" by Cameo, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot, and "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe are heard in the film.

I wish the casting agent could have casted better people...ones who actually looked like the original cast....though had Dylan Everett have been taller, he would have really passed for Mark-Paul Gosselaar rather than a Mini-Me version LOL...Sorry had to say that.

I can't say I laughed too much. There were a few moments. But overall it was very uninteresting. I guess if you want to watch some Asian guy get Screech drunk a lot then you may like it.

I can't say I laughed too much. There were a few moments. But overall it was very uninteresting. I guess if you want to watch some Asian guy get Screech drunk a lot then you may like it.

In Behind the Bell, the kid who blackmailed Dustin doesn't even have a name. He refers to him as "Captain Douchebag" or just "The Captain".

Show creator Peter Engel is referred to as "Saint Peter" and Mark-Paul Gosselaar was referred to as "The Golden Boy".

I decided to re-watch it (yes I DVRed it because Monday nights is when I watch WWE Raw) and while the casting is bad and some of the performances were meh, it did tackle issues that tend to relate to the book.

sifu iron perm
No mentioning of Zach Morris being Indonesian?? Zach Morris in The Raid 3?

Yeah within the first 10 mins or so.

In the book, it said his mother was Thai. And in the movie, Indonesian. Very confusing.

But yeah, Mark-Paul's mother is Dutch-Indonesian.

Secret Executioner

So... Let me get this straight: there was a TV series in the 1980s/1990s called Saved By The Bell (that, I'm sure as the show was actually pretty popular over here - though I don't recall actually watching it, O must have been much too young for that back then - and also because the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it - a nice review BTW, though my fav' NC material). And from what I gathered here, a book was written about the people involved in that show and what was going on behind the scene and now, this book has been adapted into a TV movie ?!

Sounds kinda confusing - why not have a documentary feature with some of the actors, directors and producers discussing the show ? Would be more simple and you'd have various POV on the events.

So... Let me get this straight: there was a TV series in the 1980s/1990s called Saved By The Bell (that, I'm sure as the show was actually pretty popular over here - though I don't recall actually watching it, O must have been much too young for that back then - and also because the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it - a nice review BTW, though my fav' NC material). And from what I gathered here, a book was written about the people involved in that show and what was going on behind the scene and now, this book has been adapted into a TV movie ?!

Sounds kinda confusing - why not have a documentary feature with some of the actors, directors and producers discussing the show ? Would be more simple and you'd have various POV on the events.

They did do an E! True Hollywood Story on the show. However, in 2013, a book apparently written by Dustin "Screech" Diamond came out that gave a behind the scenes look of the show that virtually trashes everyone but also gave intimate details of Screech and his infamous blackmail scandal. Dustin went on OWN to denounce the book saying it was a ghost writer who did most of the trashing yet some parts were true.

Well, Lifetime was pressured to do other kids of movies that were not the growing old crap they've been airing for over a decade now so they decided to turn this book into a movie. Interestingly enough, Diamond got an executive producer credit on the film, so was the OWN bit an act? IDK

Archived