12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (2015) WWE Studio's latest and release dates

AlbertV

Just read in Variety that WWE Studios will begin production this month on their next film, entitled LOCKDOWN. Lionsgate will be distributing the film.

The film revolves around a police officer who finds himself trapped inside his own precinct and hunted after crooked cops stop at nothing to recover incriminating evidence of illegal activities against those closest to him.

The WWE star who will be taking the role of the protagonist? Dean Ambrose (real name Jonathan Good), former member of The Shield. Stephen Reynolds directs from a script by Nathan Brooks and Bobby Lee Darby, the writers of WWE's upcoming SEE NO EVIL 2.

WWE Studios also have the the following movies to be released:

• Leprechaun: Origins (August 22 on VOD; August 26 on DVD) - Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl
  • See No Evil 2 (October 21) - Glen "Kane" Jacobs returns as Jacob Goodnight
  • The Marine 4: Moving Target (late 2014/early 2015) - Mike "The Miz" Mizanin returns as Sgt. Jake Carter, the hero of The Marine 3: Homefront.
  • Vendetta (2015) - Dean Cain and Paul "Big Show" Wight from the Soska Sisters, the directors of See No Evil 2

Vendetta and Lockdown are the first two of a six-action movie deal partnered by both WWE and Lionsgate.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elemental Fist

I would like to see an action film starring Daniel Bryan (YES! YES! YES!)

I've only seen 2 of these WWE films, The Marine and 12 Rounds both starring John Cena, the first one was a stupid but fun action movie while the second was a decent actioner that was a better Die Hard film than the last 2 Die Hard films.

I would like to see an action film starring Daniel Bryan (YES! YES! YES!)

I've only seen 2 of these WWE films, The Marine and 12 Rounds both starring John Cena, the first one was a stupid but fun action movie while the second was a decent actioner that was a better Die Hard film than the last 2 Die Hard films.

The second Marine was supposed to have starred Randy Orton, but he had a major injury at the time so he was replaced by Ted DiBiase Jr. Then, last year's Marine 3 starred Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and apparently, it did well enough that The Miz recently reprised his role in next year's Marine 4: Moving Target.

Orton, in the meantime, did 12 Rounds 2: Reloaded, which was not a bad film. Instead of a cop, we have an EMT forced into the game.

The ones I haven't seen yet are NO ONE LIVES, which has now ex-WWE star Brodus Clay and Luke Evans; and halle Berry's THE CALL (David Otunga plays a cop in this and WWE helped finance it)

Saw the movie and it's not that bad..a Die Hard-like ripoff that's about 90 minutes, for a debut performance, Dean Ambrose is not that bad at all as the hero of the film. The title has a new meaning and the action is gunfire and fistacuffs, no flashy stuff and it's okay for what it is. 

Archived