The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

Lo Lieh (as the Hero......yaaay!), Chan Wei Man (the Villain...Yayy!),cameo by Bruce Le....don't look garbage to me!

WE GOTTA SEE THIS FILM!!

I will admit, it looks painfully cheesy (James Bond theme? Weird Thai voodoo man with snakes... supposedly played by "Ah Kun" Li Kun himself?!), but as a massive Big Boss fan, seeing an interpretation of a continued storyline, a la Fist of Fury Part II (also with Lo Lieh) would be damn interesting. Especially since they once again filmed at the same ice factory. By the way, I could be wrong, but is that the manager from the first movie fighting Lo Lieh in the trailer?

money talks when it comes to releasing a movie.

same applies to westerns

the rights to a dubbed western cost 5 times more than its original lang

the culture belong to the chinese and they should preserve it,not another country

we preserve our own movies and dont expect some othe country to do it for us

once we export our movies to the intl market it will be a dubbed version and a version that will appeal to the intl market.

Morgoth Bauglir

Maybe back in the 70's you could "only" release a movie with an English dub, but aren't things different today? At least a little bit different? Aren't there some American made movies today that have subtitles, like some Mel Gibson directed movies? (I haven't seen them myself)

Fist Of Boss

Globe(+ his possible associates??) will release it if feels like that.if they don`t none of us(I would like to see it very much too) should get :tinysmile_angry2_t:.

Different strokes for different people and when some owners of rarities will feel want to keep something exclusive have to respect their way of thinking.

Those who want to keep their treasures,opinions are just as good as those who think rarities should be shared...there is no ultimate truth.

Telecining a print is not cheap. If was as simple as owning a print, everything would be out. Transfering a 35mm print to DVD costs thousands. I'm sure there are hoarders out there, but finances are more of a deciding factor when it comes to getting an unseen film out to the public.

Guest Markgway

The days of fans only watching dubs are long gone. Subtitled HK/Kung Fu movies are very common now. In fact most UK companies won't release a disc unless it has original audio on it. Not the other way around. Dubs are a bonus nothing more. And if anyone refuses to watch a subbed film they're not a fan. Simple as that.

The days of fans only watching dubs are long gone. Subtitled HK/Kung Fu movies are very common now. In fact most UK companies won't release a disc unless it has original audio on it. Not the other way around. Dubs are a bonus nothing more. And if anyone refuses to watch a subbed film they're not a fan. Simple as that.

Like I said, in this case, it's a matter of finding whatever we can. If it's Mandarin with English subtitles, yay! If it's English dubbed, yay! If it's Turkish dubbed with Dutch subtitles, ya... well... um... maybe :wink:

Guest Markgway
Like I said, in this case, it's a matter of finding whatever we can. If it's Mandarin with English subtitles, yay! If it's English dubbed, yay! If it's Turkish dubbed with Dutch subtitles, ya... well... um... maybe :wink:

Oh, I know. Anything is better than nothing. I just think this idea that only dubs are worth anything is bullshit.

Oh, I know. Anything is better than nothing. I just think this idea that only dubs are worth anything is bullshit.

Yeah, that I still don't quite understand. Perhaps they're more rare? But still, original language should be top priority when available.

Morgoth Bauglir

Agreed. As much as I love English dubs, original language should be worth just as much. Even though I don't agree with most of the people on this forum that original language is always better than English dubs, I still respect the original language (even though "original language" should actually be called "original dub". Whether it is in Chinese or in English, it's still dubbed. At least 99% of the time it is).

The link didn't work for me either so I took the YT code and embedded it into this post....

(seems it has been removed because its over 10 minutes in length)

--25Qvm81xc

I have been following this thread with great interest.

Thanks so much for posting, Globe.

At the risk of sounding cheeky, any chance of you posting the whole of Big Boss 2 on Youtube in 10 minute chunks?

Please forgive me, but I have to ask!!

Wow.....

And if the rest of this film is this bad, we now know why its been kept under wraps :tongue:

You were right. Horrible editing, camera work and acting.

The prison scene, the way it was shot, was possibly the one saving grace of that clip.

Does it get any better? Fight scenes worthwhile?

Appreciate you posting this clip.

Thanks a great deal for posting this. It'd still be great to see the whole thing some day, bad editing/acting and all. It's interesting how they try to explain Chao-an having a brother he didn't know about. It's also weird to hear another movie mention Cheng Chao-an other than The Big Boss :tongue: