The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

Yes, MG, what an awesome collection he must have!!

I think he is pretty much anonymous, sadly, otherwise it would be great to speak to him and see what he has.

I fear he's a "private collector" though, which probably means zero chance of him even admitting he's got BB2!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

prinnysquad

Has someone written a book on the mindset of people hording treasures to themselves?

I'd like to read it and get into the heads of people who do this because I really can't understand the fascination.

I like to chat about these films to other fans, and get enjoyment out of a mutual love of the genre. I certainly wouldn't get any kicks out of squirreling stuff away and watching it on my own like some smug hermit.

Has someone written a book on the mindset of people hording treasures to themselves?

I'd like to read it and get into the heads of people who do this because I really can't understand the fascination.

I like to chat about these films to other fans, and get enjoyment out of a mutual love of the genre. I certainly wouldn't get any kicks out of squirreling stuff away and watching it on my own like some smug hermit.

agree with you there. It's a shame that lot of collectors act that way.

I guess it's an issue of ownership and exclusivity that private collectors love.

To have something someone else wants and to withhold it also gives them a kind of power.

None of the above are healthy traits to have, IMO. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I guess it's an issue of ownership and exclusivity that private collectors love.

To have something someone else wants and to withhold it also gives them a kind of power.

None of the above are healthy traits to have, IMO. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I agree with what you say there, Karlos. I think what also has to be considered is that some people who have genuine, honest-to-god rares, have often payed a lot of cash and put a lot of effort into getting their movie. And probably a part of them resents the idea of someone else getting that same movie without having do anything to get it. I believe we'll never uncover the true rares unless there is some serious reward for the collector, but also things can get incredibly silly with people wanting BIG £££'s for prints. Add to that jerks like Redsun waiting in the wings to rip-off everything they can, and it becomes clear that there is no fast or easy solution.

That's a very good point, KaleyBoy, about collectors who spend money and time and simply feel that people who haven't put in the same shouldn't see it.

I think that's certainly responsible for a lot of films that have gone off the radar staying off it.

That's a very good point, KaleyBoy, about collectors who spend money and time and simply feel that people who haven't put in the same shouldn't see it.

I was originally thinkin the same that it would be the only somewhat understandable reason for hoarding rare prints of films. But surely as fans they would want fellow diehard fans to share it with, if they're willing to invest time and money of their own. But I guess not every collector is like Toby Russell

thedirtytiger

The problem is, if you have spent years looking for a rare and it costs you thousands to get it, as soon as you share it with people, it gets booted everywhere, and once it is booted, you stand a lot less chance of making money from it. It's better to hold back the rares until some kind of proper deal can be made. If Toby had sold copies of Massacre Survivor to people before, he may have made back some money, but I am sure rather less than he is making from it through this deal. People should just stop complaining and realize that you don't get something for nothing in this world and if it cost money to find it then it has to be recouped somehow....

prinnysquad
The problem is, if you have spent years looking for a rare and it costs you thousands to get it, as soon as you share it with people, it gets booted everywhere, and once it is booted, you stand a lot less chance of making money from it. It's better to hold back the rares until some kind of proper deal can be made. If Toby had sold copies of Massacre Survivor to people before, he may have made back some money, but I am sure rather less than he is making from it through this deal. People should just stop complaining and realize that you don't get something for nothing in this world and if it cost money to find it then it has to be recouped somehow....

Who's saying it should be free? Or that money shouldn't be recouped? Or even no money made? No-one. We're talking about those whose aim is outright, near exclusive ownership, and won't deal for anything other than silly money.

Like the owner of Hats Off.

let me put peoples minds to rest here

firstly,no offense to the guy who claims to own the reels in africa and wont transfer due to copyright,thats total trash

he does not have a print.the last remaining eng print was in south africa as far as i know and if he is talking about a print then its the same one i sold ,but my bet is he is lying

he mentioned bruce le character name in the film ,but anyone who knows the credits could have told you guys that

the movie opens with bruce le

i am going to put all your your minds at ease and post on you tube the first 5min of the movie in english dubbed soon

then u can see it exists in english .please do not email me about this movie even after had posted it .i still have to find someone to post for me on youtube as i am not computer literate

i will do the same with female chivalry,supergirl and martial mates soon

i have no interest in certain kung fu movies and big boss is one of them.its beyond garbage

i dont know who this don guy is ,but no copyright exists for this movie in africa any longer

maybe during the 70's but no more

as u said this title was not rare here(definitely not in south africa)

no one is a legend

i am a business man and something must be viable before i decide to release it

just because i have something u want does not make me a legend

u might have something i need as well.

anywway ,seems like u are searching for me

let me put peoples minds to rest here

firstly,no offense to the guy who claims to own the reels in africa and wont transfer due to copyright,thats total trash

he does not have a print.the last remaining eng print was in south africa as far as i know and if he is talking about a print then its the same one i sold ,but my bet is he is lying

he mentioned bruce le character name in the film ,but anyone who knows the credits could have told you guys that

the movie opens with bruce le

i am going to put all your your minds at ease and post on you tube the first 5min of the movie in english dubbed soon

then u can see it exists in english .please do not email me about this movie even after had posted it .i still have to find someone to post for me on youtube as i am not computer literate

i will do the same with female chivalry,supergirl and martial mates soon

i have no interest in certain kung fu movies and big boss is one of them.its beyond garbage

i dont know who this don guy is ,but no copyright exists for this movie in africa any longer

maybe during the 70's but no more

as u said this title was not rare here(definitely not in south africa)

PLEASE let someone REPUTABLE buy it if you think it's Garbage (hey', I think most Martial Arts films made today are garbage)- and old-school fans make their own minds up. Maybe a group of us on here could raise the cash like the recent Massacre Survivor appeal.

How much would you want for it...remember it's garbage!

Carl

Love United...Hate the Glazers

Not interested ,thanks

i sold the print,this is the transfer from the reels

U CANT COMPARE THE 2.

MASSACRE SURVIVOR WITH BIG BOSS 2

THAT WAS A SUBTITLED PRINT

GREAT WORK TOBY DOES,BUT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SUBTITLED MOVIES,I DONT CARE HOW RARE THEY ARE,THEY HAVE NO VALUE .

U CAN FIND SUBTITLED PRINTS DIME A DOZEN ,BUT ENG DUBBEDS ARE RARE.

ISNT THAT THE REASON WHY U HAVE THESE THREADS OF RARE KUNG FU?

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO SOURCE THE ENG DUBBED VERSION NOT TO MENTION THE FEW THAT CLAIM TO HAVE THEM.

THEY KNOW THE VALUE OF ENG DUB OVER A SUBTITLED VERSION

KUNG FU MOVIES ARE EXCELLENT IF THEY ARE SUBTITLED ,BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE TOTALLY USELESS TO ANY AFRICAN OR SHOULD I SAY MOST FOREIGN COUNTRIES UNLESS ITS DUBBED

IN MY OPINION MOST OF THEM ARE GARBAGE ,BUT I USED TO MAKE TONS OF MONEY BACK IN THE DAYS,NOW U CANT EVEN SELL 200 UNITS OF A MOVIE

Yeah thats true that i was looking for you, but if you don`t want to sell/trade it is ok we can`t force you to do that but can you tell us where we can get them?

No problems :wink:, in 80`s a lot of rare kung fu movies were avalaible here in Bosnia (Then Yugoslavia) because Yugoslavia was communist country and many rare movies from China were sent here and released on VHS. But in the war most of the VHS`s were destroyed. I hope that we will get all those rare Kung Fu movies one day.

U CAN FIND SUBTITLED PRINTS DIME A DOZEN ,BUT ENG DUBBEDS ARE RARE.

ISNT THAT THE REASON WHY U HAVE THESE THREADS OF RARE KUNG FU?

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO SOURCE THE ENG DUBBED VERSION NOT TO MENTION THE FEW THAT CLAIM TO HAVE THEM.

THEY KNOW THE VALUE OF ENG DUB OVER A SUBTITLED VERSION

KUNG FU MOVIES ARE EXCELLENT IF THEY ARE SUBTITLED ,BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE TOTALLY USELESS TO ANY AFRICAN OR SHOULD I SAY MOST FOREIGN COUNTRIES UNLESS ITS DUBBED

That's quite interesting to hear. Myself, and the people that I've known over the years don't care if it's dubbed or subtitled, as long as they get the chance to watch a great movie. I thought that most stuff over the past has been dubbed, and is just as easlily available as subtitled stuff, if not more so. Most of my collection is dubbed, and I often try to find a subtitled version without success!!!

thats because subprints have no value to the international market

i have been distributing kung fu since the early 70's when bruce lee movies were still banned in my country due to the fact that its not permissable to see a white guy get beat up by a chinese or any other race so we ended up with lots of shaw and tons of other kung fu except bruce lee

bruce lee was only made available in 1972

for every 100 dubbed kung fu we had 1 subtitled and that was a disaster

i tried screeneing duel with samurai in chinese with english subs

no one showed up for the screening.

in 1977 i had a free screening for "tiger tiger tiger"in subtitled .no one attended the free show and yet its a great kung fu movie

same happened with dragon swamp

hapkido was released and screened 6 times in 4 months 1 week shows to packed houses,3 shows per day.

give u one more example

the hero aka the destroyer was imported in chinese with eng subs by a distributor.trailer was iin english but print in chinese

500 odd people attended and when the movie started with subs everyone walked out and demanded refunds

we screened it 2 months later in english and it was a huge succcess

eng dub rules

magic ring yes

whats the other title to tiger boy

if its shaw then no

i dont have any shaws left on reels except for 14 amazons ,fists of vengeance and young people