The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
6 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Regardless of how the film turns out, that must be the most boring old school kung fu trailer I've ever seen.

It could've been worse. I kind of liked the touches with gun fights and black magic. The scenery callbacks to the original movie are competent enough and it would seem that they are trying to fix upon the issue of excessively gritty setpieces the first BB had, but that remains to be seen in a general sense. The cast clearly isn't even remotely interesting (aside from who I assume is the main villainess?), and while I have nothing against Lo Lieh as an actor, I feel they could've made a better choice for lead actor.

The English dubbers sure do take the movie titles a tad too seriously.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor

I'm surprised it's as obscure as it is. You'd think it's being a semi-official sequel to a Bruce Lee classic would have gotten it an early VHS release.

It's directed by Chan Chue, who played the manager in the original film. I think he's playing the grey-haired villian in the trailer.

The dubbing for Lo Lieh makes him sound whimpy. Not one of the usual dubbing teams.

• Like 1

yeah I wasn't 100% sure of this.... the original big boss part 2 is from 1976 and feature Lo Lieh and Bruce Le and this one is from 1978 and feature Bolo Yeung and Dragon Lee.

a bit confusing since i'm not the biggest fans of brucesploitation. :)

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

The following news should please @Fist of the Heavenly Sky.

Much appreciated for the heads-up. While I'm not exactly super nuts for it, I do find it fascinating nonetheless, and look forward tp the author's blog post on it.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

While I'm not exactly super nuts for it, I do find it fascinating nonetheless, and look forward tp the author's blog post on it.

Here's another little snippet regarding the Big Boss sequel.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
On 1/24/2018 at 1:14 PM, DragonClaws said:

Here's another little snippet regarding the Big Boss sequel.

It's been over a week and the article is still not out. I'm not one to be demanding, but it's still a bummer.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2018 at 8:32 AM, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

It's been over a week and the article is still not out. I'm not one to be demanding, but it's still a bummer.

Here's the article @Fist of the Heavenly Sky,

An excellent in depth look at The Big Boss sequel, by Michael Worth.

Link- https://bruceploitation.wordpress.com/2018/02/26/whos-the-boss-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-complaining-and-love-the-big-boss-part-ii/

BigBoss2_14.BMP

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jack J said:

But. Where. Are. The. Screengrabs. From. ???

Either Worth or somebody he know's might have a copy?. Doesnt he mention picking up the title on VHS in that article?.

I'm sure there are a lot of lost film prints, that only circulate in the circles of richer collectors. The likes of Quentin Taratino and Martin Scorsese etc.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2018 at 2:38 AM, Jack J said:

Great piece of news!

But. Where. Are. The. Screengrabs. From. ???

It's from the opening credits/trailer someone posted on youtube about 2-3 years ago.

BIG BOSS II

Edited by Fansfilms
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Fansfilms said:

It's from the opening credits/trailer someone posted on youtube about 2-3 years ago.

BIG BOSS II

Cool piece Michael. Thanks for writing it. That first image you have wasn't from a press book but actually from Cinemart No. 81 (September 1976). I stitched these two pages together several years back to make that one image but the spine wasn't completely flat, so there's some slight curvature on the bottom left page. You might be the only person I've heard of owning this film on VHS. And then to lose it? Ugh, I feel your pain. What year did you make the copy? I hope the HKFA makes this available to the public. Not sure why they keep it so closely guarded.  

• Like 1

NinjaNinjaNinja
On 1.03.2018 at 5:05 AM, Fansfilms said:

BIG BOSS II

Uh, no. That trailer has no burnt-in subs. It's from a print obtained by the author from "a well-known filmmaker".

• Like 1

We'r so close but yet so far away from this one. To bad that no one is interested in a fundraise the holder of this 35mm

To contact people on this forum and see how meny would be interested in it and then make a fund raise use that money for transfering over it to DVD what ever ....

• Like 3

TheKungFuRobber
On 12/6/2018 at 4:08 PM, Danison said:

We'r so close but yet so far away from this one. To bad that no one is interested in a fundraise the holder of this 35mm

To contact people on this forum and see how meny would be interested in it and then make a fund raise use that money for transfering over it to DVD what ever ....

Because it's probably a shit movie to be honest. I used to care but it got to a point where people on here including me were acting like animals over a fucking Bruce Le movie. Truth be told, I hate Bruce Le. I don't mind Bruce Li and I actually quite like Dragon Lee but Bruce Le is just not likable. He looks like an effeminate Bolo Yeung with a shitty bowl cut and is just so wooden on screen. He irritates me. No offense though. I do hope the film gets released but there are a hell of a lot of other HK movies which need a release. Two thirds of all the black and white era Kwan Tak Hing movies are missing, Hong Kong Connection is lost and all of the Korean versions of Dragon Lee's movies were never even released on home media, and I read that the Korean version of the epic Dragon's Snake Fist runs for nearly 2 hours! Why aren't we more concerned about preserving movies which are worthwhile. We don't even have a cinemascope version of Legend of a Fighter which was shot in ultra panavision at a ratio of 2.66:1 and the widest version available is 1/3 of the original scope! Why don't we have The Buddhist Fist, Thundering Mantis, Drunken Tai Chi on Blu Ray with subtitles yet? Why are we not appealing to a search for the lost prints of the old Cathay swordsplay movies? Why aren't we making if palatable for Criterion or Eureka to remaster the Mandarin vrrsion The Big Boss and search for the missing footage (something which the HKFA should be doing). Even HKL were fucking useless enough to release the newer 1981 re release print of The Big Boss redubbed into Cantonese, replacing Joseph Koo's score which used cues from Akira Ifakube's monster movie scores with Pink Floyd music which was just odd and out of place. Fortune Star are so stupid that they didn't even bother releasing Game of Death in Cantonese on Blu Ray even though it was screened in HK in said language.

• Like 3

i'd buy Big Boss Part 2 the second it became available. Bruce Le is only a cameo in this anyway as far as i know. Anyway, i like him, the german Hartbox of Bruce Lee's Greatest Revenge just arrived this morning 😁

• Like 2

I'd contribute if it wasn't a massive amount of money... I love some 70's Lo Lieh  basher-fu!

Edited by shukocarl
  • Like 2

odioustrident

I think the best move right now is to wait and not put money into a fan project. I have a feeling this movie will come out soon given the variety of people who have found prints.

• Like 1