The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

and while I'm at it, can anyone confirm that they showed the original uncensored print of the Big Boss? That is, the second Thai prostitute scene included along with all the other "gory" scenes left untouched?

Was anybody at the Grindhouse festival on the 14th of october?

Could anybody confirm that they aired Big Boss Part 2 with Lo lIeh :angel:

Iron Flag has confirmed that he went to the Big Boss double feature and that it was the "long-lost" Big Boss Part 2 with Lo Leih. He also said that the movie kind of sucks and is nothing to get terribly excited for.

and while I'm at it, can anyone confirm that they showed the original uncensored print of the Big Boss? That is, the second Thai prostitute scene included along with all the other "gory" scenes left untouched?

He also said that this is definitely not a "saw in head" print. I didn't ask him about the prostitute scene, but I'm assuming it wasn't.

Thank you very much for your answere.

I'm glad someone got to watch it in the cinema even :) for me it's a must have movie since I've been out looking for it for a few years now.

There's no talk about it being released as a DVD or VHS that's to bad cause i know meny would have loved to see a long lost movie like that after all it has Lo Lieh in it :angel:

I truly hope one day !!!!!! The same goes for that Magic Ring movie aka Shen Huan from 1976 same year as big boss part 2 was released

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

It just occurred to me how this movie comes off as rather racist in regards to the Thai people.

All of the Thai males in the movie are portrayed as mindless, dishonest, weak henchmen who are incapable of thinking for themselves, and the sexism is also troubling.

For instance, the Chinese women in The Big Boss are the objects of chivalry and protection, while the Thai women are always shown as submissive, silent, and slave-like. Indeed, the native women in the movie are either servants to the Boss (A Chinese drug lord), or they are sex slaves in the Pak Chong bordello, and they get rather excited when a Chinese warrior is nearby (Cheng). I guess that's the movie's way of saying that Chinese are superior to Thais?

I get that Fists Of Fury is also racist when it comes to depicting the Japanese, although it is somewhat justified, if only for the sake of it's historical period. But it's rather tasteless how the producers seemed to put down the natives in The Big Boss for the sake of exploitation.

Just an observation I made, and maybe I'm overthinking it.

Late to the game as usual. :cry:

So BIG BOSS PART 2 has been found and screened, ay. :neutral:

I've just read thru this entire thread but I think I missed this piece of wee info: Who screened the movie? Who owns the print? I don't assume someone bought the print off the African cinema that Globe/Global sold it to?

Despite the report of it being terrible I'd still like to see it and I'd be interested in any news of a dvd or even a bootleg.

Oh, and I just discovered that Lost Media Wiki links to me cos I wrote about BB2 on my blog :wink::tongue:

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Big_Boss_Part_II_%28Lost_1976_Martial_Arts_Film%29

One Armed Boxer
I've just read thru this entire thread but I think I missed this piece of wee info: Who screened the movie? Who owns the print? I don't assume someone bought the print off the African cinema that Globe/Global sold it to?

Hey Jack J, all the details are in this thread -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22517

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Any noteworthy news regarding the topic?

I've posted before, in another thread, that there was going to be yet another DVD/Blu-ray release of The Big Boss in the UK. Is it basically just the PAL counterpart of the Shout! release, or will it contain worthwhile extras of it's own?

Secret Executioner

Wu Tang Collection uploaded this trailer to their channel:

Doesn't look that great TBH, and I love Bruce Le and Lo Lieh.  :squigglemouth: 

• Like 2

Personal issue has been resolved :wink Hope globe will release this sooner or later. However it really does look awful... Another one for the it's so bad it's good I guess. Happy holidays to all of you!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1

NoKUNGFUforYU

I am pretty sure I saw this back in the 70's. I really don't see what the fuss is about. There are other lost movies that are better, such as Hong Kong Connection, tons of Cathay movies as well as other independents that simply have vanished. I remember a really awful one I saw in Chinatown where a guy breaks out of jail and proceeds to get really sloppy revenge against his enemies until he meets a dude that looks like Jesus and converts to Christianity on the spot! All in Republic China, basically. There's the Left Hand of Death, most of Kim Jin Pals movies, etc. This was a really cheap, rushed movie, I wouldn't even watch it again, and I don't feel like I was lucky to have seen it in the first place. But there are completists out there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

There's the Left Hand of Death, most of Kim Jin Pals movies, etc. This was a really cheap, rushed movie, I wouldn't even watch it again, and I don't feel like I was lucky to have seen it in the first place. But there are completists out there.

I think any Kung Fu movie that's been out of circulation since the 70's, is going to get a lot of interest. It's a bit like when a movie get banned, it doesnt matter if its good or bad, some movie fans want to see it regardless.

15 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

There are other lost movies that are better, such as Hong Kong Connection

Do you have more information on this title?.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 4:04 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I am pretty sure I saw this back in the 70's. I really don't see what the fuss is about. There are other lost movies that are better, such as Hong Kong Connection, tons of Cathay movies as well as other independents that simply have vanished. I remember a really awful one I saw in Chinatown where a guy breaks out of jail and proceeds to get really sloppy revenge against his enemies until he meets a dude that looks like Jesus and converts to Christianity on the spot! All in Republic China, basically. There's the Left Hand of Death, most of Kim Jin Pals movies, etc. This was a really cheap, rushed movie, I wouldn't even watch it again, and I don't feel like I was lucky to have seen it in the first place. But there are completists out there.

It's one of the only sequels to a Bruce Lee movie that's NOT connected to Fist of Fury. It has Lo Lieh and one of first appearances of Bruce Le as "Bruce". It's filmed in a lot of the same locations and just looks "so bad, it's good". That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm all for it.

• Like 6

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
31 minutes ago, mpm74 said:

It's one of the only sequels to a Bruce Lee movie that's NOT connected to Fist of Fury. It has Lo Lieh and one of first appearances of Bruce Le as "Bruce". It's filmed in a lot of the same locations and just looks "so bad, it's good". That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm all for it.

Did you watch the movie by any chance? If so, how well does it fare with the 1st Big Boss?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Did you watch the movie by any chance? If so, how well does it fare with the 1st Big Boss?

I haven't. I want to really bad. I'm not expecting a classic, just expecting a movie I want to watch. Period.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

Hong Kong Connection was originally titled Black Guide, with Kim Jin Pal. Not a classic, but better than Big Boss 2. Anyway, I get finding rare movies, it's just that there are better ones that are just as hard to get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Hong Kong Connection was originally titled Black Guide, with Kim Jin Pal. Not a classic, but better than Big Boss 2. Anyway, I get finding rare movies, it's just that there are better ones that are just as hard to get.

Do you happen to know the names of some of the lost Cathay films?

Killer Meteor
On 21/10/2017 at 7:11 AM, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Regardless of how the film turns out, that must be the most boring old school kung fu trailer I've ever seen.