The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

This movie has Bolo in it right? Looks terrible, I skimmed through it on youtube a while back, but theres no way I'm going to waste an hour and a half on this one.

Yes it was The Big Boss 2 with Lo Lieh. Sometimes movies are rare for a reason: they suck. That is the case with The Big Boss 2. It is very bad! There were MANY what I'm assuming are unintentional laughs but other than that nothing memorable. Fight scenes are not good. Bruce Le is in it for the first 5 minutes, Wei Man has a brief fight with Lo Lieh towards the end and thats pretty much it. Any collectors who want this one should definitely not lose any sleep over not having it!

Honestly, that's what I expected from this movie so I didn't go last night. I mainly just want to see it because it's rare, but I'd still love to see it for some unintentional laughs. Was it in Chinese like the Facebook post said it would be or was it an English dub? How about The Big Boss?

Wow, that bad huh. For an alternative take, check out shaolintemple's review of the movie in post #23 here -

That's actually the wrong movie, but an easy mistake to make. The movie shaolintemple reviewed was Fist of Fury 2, not The Big Boss 2, which are both Bruceploitation sequels and both starred Lo Lieh.

This movie has Bolo in it right? Looks terrible, I skimmed through it on youtube a while back, but theres no way I'm going to waste an hour and a half on this one.

The movie with Bolo is Dragon Bruce Lee Part 2 (also known as The Big Boss 2). I actually wouldn't be interested enough to watch the Bolo movie either. :tongue:

OAB, he reviewed Fists of Fury 2. Thats coming up next week :) Last night was Big Boss 2, mpm, looks like it was filmed in Thailand and the Ice House looked like the same one from part 1. I haven't watched the Dragon Lee Big Boss 2 all the way through yet, but from what I have seen its better than this one. Both movies were in chinese with subtitles and prints werein good shape. I havent seen The Bgi Boss in many years. This version seemed lomger with more dialogue scenes than I recall. As s souvenir they handed out very nice programs with lots of pictures of Bruce. I think they said theyre the original premiere!

OAB, he reviewed Fists of Fury 2. Thats coming up next week :) Last night was Big Boss 2, mpm, looks like it was filmed in Thailand and the Ice House looked like the same one from part 1. I haven't watched the Dragon Lee Big Boss 2 all the way through yet, but from what I have seen its better than this one. Both movies were in chinese with subtitles and prints werein good shape. I havent seen The Bgi Boss in many years. This version seemed lomger with more dialogue scenes than I recall. As s souvenir they handed out very nice programs with lots of pictures of Bruce. I think they said theyre the original premiere!

Thanks! This is why I want to see it. For historic reasons!

Did the Big Boss (part 1) cut seem like a semi-rare print? Any photos of those handouts? =D

NoKUNGFUforYU

Man, I could think of a lot more movies to make a fuss over. Kim Jin Pal's flicks, for one. Hong Kong Connection, the Mandarin and Tiger- I saw the poster for this, but didn't have time to check it out back in the day when it came out in SF Chinatown. Too bad. I didn't think about movies disappearing, for one, and there wasn't any video tapes of movies back then. No offense, but Bruce Le's sucks. Sorry, but it's true. He was a hack. I know he's got a following in the "so bad it's good" camp I guess, but everything about him is in poor taste. Oh well, that's my rant. Have a nice day!

post-36408-144191902985_thumb.jpg

No fights with the black magic practitioner. The fight with Wei Man is not a big climactic end fight. Its more like an extended dispatching of a moderately skilled henchman :) A DVD release wasnt mentioned. I can ask on friday when i go see Shogun Assassin.. I really doubt it though. The movie is not good and I can see why no one has put it out. Not worth it for a few collectors.

One Armed Boxer
OAB, he reviewed Fists of Fury 2. Thats coming up next week :) Last night was Big Boss 2

Whoops....

I've seen both of these available on UK DVD, are these different movies being used under the same alias?

41p-9TB-PbL._SY300_.jpg

fistfury2.jpg

All different.

(1) Fist of Fury Part Two (aka Chinese Connection 2) was made in Taiwan. Bruce Li & Lo Lieh star

(2) Big Boss II (aka Dragon Bruce Lee, Part II) was made in HK. Phillip Ko, Dragon Lee and Bolo star.

(3) Big Boss Part 2 also features Lo Lieh but was made prior to the two above and is the rare one.

Killer Meteor
All different.

(1) Fist of Fury Part Two (aka Chinese Connection 2) was made in Taiwan. Bruce Li & Lo Lieh star

(2) Big Boss II (aka Dragon Bruce Lee, Part II) was made in HK. Phillip Ko, Dragon Lee and Bolo star.

(3) Big Boss Part 2 also features Lo Lieh but was made prior to the two above and is the rare one.

The Dragon Lee Big Boss looks Korean to me, with a few token HK actors.

Ninja Terminator was a good bad movie. Very good I think actually :) This was a bad bad movie..

mpm, I assume Big Boss was uncut. Like I said, there were a few dialogue scenes I don't recall seeing before.

Ninja Terminator was a good bad movie. Very good I think actually :) This was a bad bad movie..

mpm, I assume Big Boss was uncut. Like I said, there were a few dialogue scenes I don't recall seeing before.

Was one of those few dialogue scenes the scene shown at 1:48 in this video?:

LQRYERe2DtI

Was the print in Mandarin?

If you answered yes to both of those questions, we are one step closer to an uncut saw-in-head print. The search continues. Honestly, I'm much more interested in watching a saw-in-head print than a print of The Big Boss Part 2.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah I want to take back what I said. I don't consider Ninja Terminator a bad movie. I love every scene.

It's a good thing you didn't have to listen to the English dub on Big Boss 2. I listened to about 5 minutes on YouTube and it is ultra horrible. Although I imagine the Chinese dub is pretty bad too.

Secret Executioner
All different.

Thanks for clarifying all that. I only have the Dragon Lee one, though I haven't watched it so far - maybe I should. :wink2:

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=7152

And it's on the Dragon 4 Pack set

>It's a good thing you didn't have to listen to the English dub on Big Boss 2. I listened to about 5 minutes on YouTube and it is ultra horrible. Although I imagine the Chinese dub is pretty bad too.<

Lol, it was pretty bad.. Not that they were working with a decent script to begin with but whoever was doing the translating wasnt completely fluent in English :)

The trailers they showed were for Chinese Connection and Shogun Assassin

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
There was definitely no saw in head so I guess it wasnt the completely uncut version :(

Were any of the other deleted scenes availabe at the print, still? Such as Bruce's character returning to the brothel for a "final good time" before the final fight?

If you want, use this site as a reference: littledragon.builtfree.org/boss.html

tangshandaxiong
The trailers they showed were for Chinese Connection and Shogun Assassin

Please could you tell was it the "intercepting fists" trailer with Bruce Lee and Bob Baker clashing shoulders? Also curious about the extended scenes the print contained. Would be great if you could go into detail every detail will be highly appreciated!

Please could you tell was it the "intercepting fists" trailer with Bruce Lee and Bob Baker clashing shoulders? Also curious about the extended scenes the print contained. Would be great if you could go into detail every detail will be highly appreciated!

+1 please.