The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

Morgoth Bauglir
lol I got "2nd big boss" from the trailer. The woman says it. She either says "Second Big Boss" or "New Big Boss" or something...

That's too funny i can't even try to make a comment.

As Iron Flag reported here, it looks like The Big Boss 2 will be shown in Los Angeles.

Unless someone has the movie mixed up with Dragon Lee’s similarly-titled The Big Boss 2, the search for Lo Lieh’s extremely rare The Big Boss Part II, one of the most sought after kung fu titles ever, may be over.

I wrote a post about it here. Also, check out the New Beverly website.

Anyone going?

>Unless someone has the movie mixed up with Dragon Lee’s similarly-titled The Big Boss 2<

Thats what I'm afraid of.. But we'll see :) In an interview QT said he's showing mostly movies from his private collection at the theater. Many of them very rare so I'm crossing my fingers

In 6 days we'll know if it's the right one. Although if it is, it still does not make it available to any of us. Anyone here knows QT?

In 6 days we'll know if it's the right one. Although if it is, it still does not make it available to any of us. Anyone here knows QT?

I wish. I would assume that it's the Lo Lieh movie or they probably wouldn't have posted the cast/crew, poster, or trailer, but you never know. It's entirely possible that they got the wrong info, but we'll soon find out.

Someone sneak in a cam. ;) (just kidding....) (sorta...) You know what, screw it, if this is the only way to see the movie without actually going to there, then why not. (kidding again..) (sorta...)

I'm sure it's royalty free by this time...

odioustrident

I know we can't support this type of behavior but... if someone did a camjob they would be a hero. Not a hero any forum member should encourage of course but a hero nonetheless.

Morgoth Bauglir

I feel the opposite way. A cam job is encouraged. I'll check it out on YouTube if it's watchable. If it's Dragon Lee then don't bother. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragon Lee movie is better than Lo Lieh's.

I know we can't support this type of behavior but... if someone did a camjob they would be a hero. Not a hero any forum member should encourage of course but a hero nonetheless.

Too bad Falkor lives in the UK and not the USA.........

It would be difficult to do a camcorder job at that theater. I'll try to inquire with the management if theres any chance of seeing a DVD..

NoKUNGFUforYU

Is everyone trying to see this because it is good, or because it is rare? Bruce Le and Lo Lieh aren't exactly top class martial artists (Though Lieh was a good actor when given the chance), so I am wondering what the fuss is about. I will be honest, I hate Bruce Le, for the most part, having wasted more than enough time seeing his stuff when it hit the SF Bay Area in the 70's. And I was pretty wasted most times, I can only imagine how bad he is sober.....

Yeah, it's the rareness. Nothing else as far as I'm concerned, From what I've seen from Globe's clips a couple years ago it looked pretty bad.

I don't want to encourage recording the screen for a few reasons. (1) The picture/audio quality would be horrendous, (2) I don't know if management would be okay with it, and (3) the sound of the audience laughing would be a bit (if not very) distracting. If this movie is public domain, someone could use the print and transfer it to a digital copy and re-release the movie on DVD/online which I think would be much more efficient.

The main reason to watch this movie is probably because it's extremely rare. The movie looks pretty bad and even a bit strange. It looks very cheap too, but I think the English dub seems pretty hilarious and it still looks entertaining, so it has that going for it. I haven't seen the movie (barely anyone has), but I believe Bruce Le only has a cameo. Those of you who can go to the screening should have a fun time and I hope you enjoy this rare opportunity.

Here are some clips if anyone's interested:

(clips)

(trailer)

(tribute w/ theme song/memorabilia)

NoKUNGFUforYU

There just seems like there are a lot better rare movies- Godfathers from Hong Kong (or any god copies of Kim's movies), Unicorn Fortress, Hooded Swordsman, etc, that are either missing, or in Thai, or German, un-subbed, etc. No offense, but Bruce Le was really awful, and from what I understand, basically a sleazy guy as well. I feel Ho Chung Tao got a raw deal, but Le, not so much. I have a tough time believing he has a fan base, but Fu Sheng is a target of hate so much on this forum. Oh well. To each their own.

Morgoth Bauglir

Like I said before I think Le just has a cameo. That makes me want to see it even more. I don't want to watch a Bruce Le movie, no matter how rare it is. But I'll gladly watch a rare Fu Sheng movie if there is one.

NoKUNGFUforYU

There are two Kim Jin Pal movies, Tiger and Hong Kong Connection, that are worth finding good prints of. Pal did some bad ass kicks and hapkido in both. There is also some lost Shaws, such as Imperial Tomb Raiders or the Boxers, which might be worth finding. I am just sayin', if you're gonna use your energy, let's find these first. The list goes on and on. I know Lau Kar Liang did some good work in movies such as Redress and the Hooded Swordsman, he also, from what I can tell, did a few others before he settled into Shaw's that might be right up there with One Armed Swordsman, etc. I think Big Rogie can back me up on that.

Morgoth Bauglir

One thing at a time. You have to deal with what's in front of you. If they were screening Tiger Boy soon then that would be the priority.

Also what makes this topic a bit more exciting is that we don't know what movie they are going to show.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Hopefully not the Dragon Lee one, as that is already out there, right? Anyway, I get it, you're collectors. In all honesty, I am a viewer. If the movie isn't well made or aesthetically pleasing, I most likely will watch something else. Also, I prefer subbed, not dubbed. So pretty much of a snob, right, lol?! Also, I saw most of these live, when they came out. I remember Bruce Le did one where he learned some shapes by tracing Chinese characters. Anyone remember that one? His sifu would draw the characters and he would do the outline/tracing in the air. He got killed at the end. I was pretty stoned when I saw it, so that is all I remember.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah the Dragon Lee one is easily available. Karlos is a big fan of it. I'm not worried about collecting the Lo Lieh version, but I want to see it. And if it someday finds its way into my collection, great.