The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

OldPangYau
Allegedly Tarantino has a good print, but it remains to be seen how much of an improvement it is.

I've heard this as well. Too bad he's never rolled it out as a "Rolling Thunder" release :sad:

I've heard this as well. Too bad he's never rolled it out as a "Rolling Thunder" release :sad:

I believe he has screened it at his film festival. Would he be able to get the rights though? I guess the film itself is probably public domain, but would the use of 'Fist of Fury' or 'The Chinese Connection' have to be run by Fox/Fortune Star (assuming they still hold the US rights)?

I'm not sure how these things work.

shukocarl
I believe he has screened it at his film festival. Would he be able to get the rights though? I guess the film itself is probably public domain, but would the use of 'Fist of Fury' or 'The Chinese Connection' have to be run by Fox/Fortune Star (assuming they still hold the US rights)?

Can't see why...can you really copyright words? Besides which the film was originally titled FIST OF FURY PART II (on all promotional material)....surely no copyright at least on the "Part II" suffix...different title....different film!

Can't see why...can you really copyright words? Besides which the film was originally titled FIST OF FURY PART II (on all promotional material)....surely no copyright at least on the "Part II" suffix...different title....different film!

Fair enough. I guess I remember Golden Harvest going after Stephen Chow for calling a film 'Fist of Fury 1991' but "Part 2" is a slightly different story.

Hopefully he can get it out someday, then.

OldPangYau

It's confusing... I think Eternal Film still, in some capacity, has the rights to it. I think I heard something about them wanting Fortune Star to remaster their films, but they were asking for too much to license them to FS. Hard to believe that Eternal Film still exists in some capacity, even if it's just one guy in an office double checking which movies they own :tongue:

I know 21st Century Distribution had the US theatrical rights to it, but I'm sure they're completely defunct by now.

OldPangYau
Fist of Fury II was produced by Jimmy Shaw's Alpha Motion Picture.

Oh wait, you're right. I was thinking of Soul Brothers of Kung Fu/Dynamo.

TheKungFuRobber

Hello guys. It has been ages since anyone here has mentioned anything about the lost kung fu film so I made a thread for people to post any updates regarding the film or if the guy in Zambia has decided to sell anyone a DVD-R or if he only had one reel or whatever. LOL. :nerd:

TheKungFuRobber
I think he said he wouldn't sell it because it's a bad movie. I can't remember exactly.

Okay. I am desperate to see this film. I know that globe says it is pointless but looking at the trailer, the film has a lot of cool exploitation stuff to see. Maybe globe made a transfer of the film before selling it. He was still a fairly nice guy for transferring and uploading part of it for us though.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

It was an exciting time at KFC when Globe posted that clip. I wish I could find that thread. I think that everyone thought he was lying. And then all of a sudden, he posts like the first 10 minutes of the movie!:eek:

My memory is really failing me here. I forget whether or not any of the collectors here managed to get ahold of it.

I believe the last thing posted on here about it was that Globe wanted $10,000 or $15,000 USD (I think) for his copy and he was refusing to budge on the price.

In other words, we ain't seeing it anytime soon.

Shame.

Maybe we should start a crowdfunding campaign like Kickstarter to pay him off :tongue:

TheKungFuRobber
It was an exciting time at KFC when Globe posted that clip. I wish I could find that thread.

I beleive I can help you there. http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10190

I believe the last thing posted on here about it was that Globe wanted $10,000 or $15,000 USD (I think) for his copy and he was refusing to budge on the price.

Shame.

Maybe we should start a crowdfunding campaign like Kickstarter to pay him off :tongue:

I beleive he has already sold it. :(

Morgoth Bauglir

I found the thread, thanks for posting though. I wasn't going to post it myself that thread was like watching a snuff film.

Did someone seriously pay 10k for a DVDR? Is that what Globe was selling? I'm probably out of the loop here because 10k for a DVDR, wow. If so, Globe is quite the business man. Respect.

TheKungFuRobber
Wow the film looks terrible!

The video that Globe uploaded was badly damaged, as was the trailer. The film still deserves to see the light of day. From what is already available. I think this film could be a very good bad movie. With the 007 music in a speedboat chase with GUNS, a magic guy with killer snakes that knows how to create explosions with his fists and Lo Leih fighting in a sawmill I think this could be a thrill ride of an exploitation film. It is time to unearth this film in it's entirety once and for all. Lets just hope that Globe transferred this film before he sold it.

Shame.

lol I'd be down. But I'm sure we wouldn't meet the 10K goal (or whatever). We'd be better off contacting Bruce Le to remake the movie.

Karlos... I'm going to call you the "second Big Boss"

Morgoth Bauglir

That's a good name for Karlos. I think he now owns the majority of all DVDs with the title Big Boss 2, but he still doesn't have the one he wants. If there's a fundraiser count me in as well. This looks like a horrible movie and I have to see it. And even though he doesn't like the movie, Globe says there's a good final fight I think between Chan Wai Man and Lo Lieh. I think this movie would be well worth a watch.

I'm touched, guys! :tongue:

What's heartbreaking about this is, you can pretty much guarantee that whoever has bought it, is currently putting into storage for no-one to ever see, like the ark of the covenant.

TheKungFuRobber
lol I'd be down. But I'm sure we wouldn't meet the 10K goal (or whatever). We'd be better off contacting Bruce Le to remake the movie.

Okay. If we were lucky enough to get 2000 people to donate $5, we would be able to unearth this film.

Even more realistically, I think we would be better off contacting Bruce Le to ask if he has a copy of this film or if he knows any one who does. :xd:

Okay. If we were lucky enough to get 2000 people to donate $5, we would be able to unearth this film.

Even more realistically, I think we would be better off contacting Bruce Le to ask if he has a copy of this film or if he knows any one who does. :xd:

I gave $40 to The Martial Arts Kid Kickstarter. For The Big Boss 2, I'll give $45!

TheKungFuRobber
Globe's print was "sold to a cinema in Africa", according to a guy who posted on Youtube under the BB2 trailer.

Even if it was, I am sure that he telecined his print before he sold it.

That's a good name for Karlos. I think he now owns the majority of all DVDs with the title Big Boss 2, but he still doesn't have the one he wants. If there's a fundraiser count me in as well. This looks like a horrible movie and I have to see it. And even though he doesn't like the movie, Globe says there's a good final fight I think between Chan Wai Man and Lo Lieh. I think this movie would be well worth a watch.

lol I got "2nd big boss" from the trailer. The woman says it. She either says "Second Big Boss" or "New Big Boss" or something... but I'm glad it matches his lifestyle!

Or get 20 fanatical Bruce Lee Clones fans to put in £500