The Big Boss Part II (1976) with Lo Leih and Bruce Le

bruceleeclones

bruceleeclones

its a shame to hear that, was there any reason it was cancelled? Has anyone here actually seen this movie? wish i could get hold of a still of Bruce Le from this one!

bruceleeclones

yeah i seen the poster and a few stills of Lo Lieh from it, just never none of Le. Im guessing his role is only small

yeah i seen the poster and a few stills of Lo Lieh from it, just never none of Le. Im guessing his role is only small

The way I remember the plot, Le's role was small, with Lo playing his brother or some relative, avenging the Cheng Character from the original Big Boss, played in Pt.II by Huang Kin Lung. who's still in prison for offing Boss Mi in Pt.I.

Lo ends up with the brother in prison, and another sequel fizzles for shizzle.:P

As far as I know, there's still no sign of a copy in circulation.

The last thing I heard was that talks with a private collector broke down some time last year.

Fingers crossed, a copy might appear sooner rather than later!!

:smile:

The last thing I heard was that talks with a private collector broke down some time last year.

That's true, and supposedly this person also had a widescreen print of Panna Rittikrai's original Born to Fight. *sigh*

Funny thing is, the film had two Chinese titles. Apparently the working title was simply "Tang Shan Da Xiong Xu Ji", simply translated as "Big Boss (Tang Mountain Big Brother) Sequel". The final title (going by the theatrical trailer) was "Tang Shan Er Xiong", which means "Tang Mountain Second Brother". This being a reference to Lo Lieh playing Bruce Lee's brother, Cheng Chao-chun.

Also, apparently Bruce Le had a cameo in this film as Cheng Chao-an in prison. But despite finally playing a Bruce Lee-established character, he apparently was credited under his real name, Huang Kin Lung. Just for that scene alone, I'd like to see this.

My dad watched this one long time ago he told me plot i would like to see it. There is guy from South Africa called Naushad. He owns a chain of cinemas there and he also have some of the rarest Kung Fu movies in the world like Magic Ring starring Chang Yi and Juddy Lee. As i hear there is also copy in Taiwan but guy who wanted to release it died (don`t know if that info is true).

I hope that this film will see light of the day soon.

Who posted the scratchy/washed out export trailer that has been floating around the web for sometime now? If that individual had access to the trailer maybe he has the film too?

.. Also, apparently Bruce Le had a cameo in this film as Cheng Chao-an in prison. But despite finally playing a Bruce Lee-established character, he apparently was credited under his real name, Huang Kin Lung. Just for that scene alone, I'd like to see this.

I've always wondered about that also. First heard of this from the Publication: Martial Arts Movies, somewhere back around 1982...?

Who posted the scratchy/washed out export trailer that has been floating around the web for sometime now? If that individual had access to the trailer maybe he has the film too?

It's from the "Celluloid Fury" trailer compilation DVD released a few years ago by Naushad - the same person who apparently owned the full Big Boss II print (and many others) at one time.

What do you offer? A lot of cool Kung Fu movies are availible here in Africa

Well, in an act of good faith, perhaps you can show one scene from the movie on YouTube. Opening credits at least?

If you have a copy Don, is it an actual 35mm film print, video (professional format or plain old vhs) or dvd/other digital format?

Why not sell it to a REPUTABLE dvd company for restoration?

If that is the case, then I agree with shukocarl, this 35mm print should be sold to a DVD company that would take it and make a decent DVD transfer out of it. Rarescope was "this close" to releasing it a few years back.