Raymond Chow/Bruce Lee's Death

mpm74

So, according to this

there are a number of people who are in the process of writing books about the truth revolving around the death of Bruce Lee (Yeah, I know, let him rest, let him rest… but all this is too intriguing to let him rest! LOL)

There’s nothing totally new in the video (still worth a watch!), but the last portion of the video was interesting (something to the matter of: Authors are waiting for Raymond Chow to die, then they will publish books).

Now, either Chow is more powerful than we think (and someone doesn’t want to spill the beans while Chow's alive, for their own safety). But I would rather have the book come out while he’s still alive. I always think it’s fair if someone can at least defend himself if some crazy allegations are brought up…

I always found it interesting that Brandon Lee chose to do a film with D&B Films Co, instead of Golden Harvest. Knowing GH’s track record, you know for sure they approached him.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Raymond Chow has to be involve somehow. Bruce Lee should have taken the Shaw bros route if you asked me.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Raymond Chow has to be involve somehow. Bruce Lee should have taken the Shaw bros route if you asked me.

I agree with that. But if Lee had went with the Shaws, I’m not sure if the opportunity to start Concord Productions wouldn’t have been available to him by the Shaws (at least not yet).

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Strange that the first thing Betty Ting Pei called was Raymond Chow? Shouldn't she be calling an ambulance first, since you know they're here to help you in need? Unless things are done differently back then?

• Like 2

Strange that the first thing Betty Ting Pei called was Raymond Chow? Shouldn't she be calling an ambulance first, since you know they're here to help you in need? Unless things are done differently back then?

What she should have done was contacted Jim Marshall (Gig Young) first. That newspaper bastard had the answers to everything.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
I agree with that. But if Lee had went with the Shaws, I’m not sure if the opportunity to start Concord Productions wouldn’t have been available to him by the Shaws (at least not yet).

No but I would imagine he'd be making more than 4 features if he went with Shaw brothers. Better production/better everything. But I can understand from a guerrilla film-making/independent standpoint.

• Like 1

There's no doubt in my mind now that R. Chow was responsible for Lee's death. All pieces from various sources are all adding up, and the video summed it up. Looking forward to read those books.

I'm not sure where I heard/read this but Lee's childhood friend, ex fighting champion/triad gangster-turned actor Chan Wai-Man, was supposedly also involved in Lee's death somehow. Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Boy, Bruce Lee has to be the Asian Marilyn Monroe - in both cases, you have so much conspiracy theories surrounding the person's death...

I wonder why Raymond Chow would want Bruce dead, but I'm not too aware of the personal relations they had and what was going on behind the image of Bruce as the superstar of GH.

• Like 1

No but I would imagine he'd be making more than 4 features if he went with Shaw brothers. Better production/better everything. But I can understand from a guerrilla film-making/independent standpoint.

A Chang Cheh/Bruce Lee or Lau Kar Leung/Bruce Lee team up would have been legendary (or almost any Shaw director for that matter). It just wasn't meant to happen. Thats like saying "Imagine if Brian Wilson joined The Beatles"...

There's no doubt in my mind now that R. Chow was responsible for Lee's death. All pieces from various sources are all adding up, and the video summed it up. Looking forward to read those books.

I'm not sure where I heard/read this but Lee's childhood friend, ex fighting champion/triad gangster-turned actor Chan Wai-Man, was supposedly also involved in Lee's death somehow. Can anyone confirm this?

I've heard that he KNEW the truth behind his death. I have never read anything about him actually being involved. Anyways, Chan Wai Man scares me. He has the eye of a killer. I feel like deleting my KFCC forum account and never coming back... lol

Boy, Bruce Lee has to be the Asian Marilyn Monroe - in both cases, you have so much conspiracy theories surrounding the person's death...

I wonder why Raymond Chow would want Bruce dead, but I'm not too aware of the personal relations they had and what was going on behind the image of Bruce as the superstar of GH.

Chow was about to lose his money cow to Hollywood, plain and simple. "If I can't have him, nobody can!"... like George Tan said, Chow was a master of Divide and conquer!

• Like 3

Some bad things were happening, behind the scenes of Lee's life the last year or so... Shunning Lo Wei's 3rd film, the outbursts and arguing, and the knife threat-didn't help. The fights with Chow over finances, leading to Lee punching Chow-all had to be taken into consideration. The constant challenges on set of ETD, and at his home... Too many threads. Even Linda's apologetic departure from HK, Raymond by her side, looks awfully suspicious:

" ... Even though we don't have the final autopsy report, I hold NO PERSON or PEOPLE responsible. ... The important thing to remember is Bruce is gone, and WILL NOT RETURN... "

WTF??!!

I wonder if Miller's Bruce Lee death book will ever be published?

Hell no.

• Like 2

" ... Even though we don't have the final autopsy report, I hold NO PERSON or PEOPLE responsible. ... The important thing to remember is Bruce is gone, and WILL NOT RETURN... "

You know, I never really thought of that quote in that way. That's not something you say about someone who dies from health related issues.

• Like 3

The estate's blocking/would block it?

Don't feel that's the reason at all... I don't believe Miller has anything credible to write about. His initial book was laced with rehashed Lee-related tidbits, with heavy doses of his recounts of his own miserable upbringing. Who cares?? If there were any real meat to add, why not put it in this publication? Fool me once...

You know, I never really thought of that quote in that way. That's not something you say about someone who dies from health related issues.

Growing up viewing that press conference countless times, I always felt for Linda, lost, in a country, foreign to her; Movie Star husband found dead in a woman's who had soiled reputation, flat, angry press with an axe to grind seeking a sensational story... After coming of age, I realize how victimized she was. Chow took total advantage of her in this grief stricken time, and totally angled himself for profit-marketing, and at the same time, had the Lee family obsolve him of any blame-publicly!

What a shit!

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer
On 8/8/2014 at 0:08 PM, DiP said:

No, but he (Chan) was with Bruce at some point that day (July 20) IIRC.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Was this thread a migration from the debunked KFC forums??? There's so many threads I'd like to revisit from there, especially the yi long and dragon sword one.

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer
On 10/1/2014 at 8:22 PM, mpm74 said:

Did Bruce Lee consult with Chow prior to having the sweatglands removed from his armpits? Did Chow believe that needed to be done for among other things, aesthetic reasons?

Phantom Dreamer

We have tried to get answers for decades, but sure Chow was probably present at both the May 10 collapse and the eventual July 20 death, but are we to believe cannabis had anything to do with Bruce Lee dying when producer Andre Morgan claimed he had cannabis with Bruce Lee that final day? Last time I checked, Morgan didn't croak. 

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

This isn't about some fluff piece. The last 2 people who saw Bruce Lee alive. Who knows about a supposed "young man" at the apartment?

27581885_359815107761860_9022789041132666880_n.jpg

• Like 1