Terminator: Genisys (2015)

galvatron1976

MPM, please weigh in!!!!

Well, the trailer looks decent. I dig the throwback/splice to the original 1984 film. I don't care for the giant robot (but hey, it makes sense... the machines are taking over, but the bigger they get, more stupid they are. Couldn't they easily win the war with a bunch of T-1000's?). I mean, the movie looks like all 4 previous Terminator flicks rolled into one.

But what really bothers me is that it might be PG-13.

Biggest selling point is Arnie is back! I agree with OpiumKungFuCracker, I want to suck Arnie dry!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsurprisingly, CGI looks shit. It's amazing how film technology has changed ALOT yet has gone downhill in the last 15 years.

All in all, it looks like another stroll in the park for the franchise without any soul and purpose.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Unsurprisingly, CGI looks shit. It's amazing how film technology has changed ALOT yet has gone downhill in the last 15 years.

All in all, it looks like another stroll in the park for the franchise without any soul and purpose.

Give a hope a chance!! It could be good.

One Armed Boxer

So 2015 will be giving us The Asylum version of 'Jurassic Park', and now we have The Asylum version of 'Terminator 2' as well. Great!

I'm happy that Lee Byung-hun is getting Hollywood roles, but to me this looks pretty insipid, I had to force myself to keep watching before the Paramount logo had even come onscreen.

It seems like they've blended the first and second films.

So 2015 will be giving us The Asylum version of 'Jurassic Park', and now we have The Asylum version of 'Terminator 2' as well. Great!

I have nothing to add to these comments. This looks awful. So far I've gone to see all the new films Schwarzenegger has been in, but I doubt I'll be seeing this.

Secret Executioner

How long until we get the crossover The Terminator Goes To Jurassic Park ? :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Seriously guys am I missing something? I mean you knew going in that it was going to be shit, right? My expectations were, "Hey, there's a new Terminator movie with Arnie." That was enough for me to go buy a ticket to see this thing.

Give a hope a chance!! It could be good.

I'll give new films a chance as long as film-makers dedicate themselves to their talents to bring something unique instead of just doing films. Cameron's films was all about artistry. This is just duplication and money-obsessed so there's no hope in that.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'll give new films a chance as long as film-makers dedicate themselves to their talents to bring something unique instead of just doing films. Cameron's films was all about artistry. This is just duplication and money-obsessed so there's no hope in that.

Arnie's back, doesn't that peek a little interest?

Actually, I have to say, the trailer is good. Much better than I thought it would be. I like the inclusion of the original Terminator (I've read rumours that there is going to be an epic fist fight between original Arnie and current Arnie which, if done right, is going to be awesome). I am surprised he says he'll be back though... :)

Seriously, do I have to take my word back?

I read a Finnish review by a pretty reliable critic who was expecting the film to be crap, and he said that although it doesn't really impress in terms of action and special effects, it's excellently written and features one of Schwarzenegger's best roles.

Cameron was also praising the film, although it's worth keeping in mind the man hasn't done anything worthwhile in almost 20 years.

Consider me slightly interested, though I'm still fully expecting at least the action to suck. Hmmm....

One Armed Boxer
I read a Finnish review by a pretty reliable critic

I find it odd that you'd refer to yourself in third person.:tongue:

Secret Executioner

James Cameron praising the movie sounds like bad news to me. Not only do I hate most of his work, but the last movie he praised that I saw was Ghost In The Shell... And I hated it.

James Cameron praising the movie sounds like bad news to me. Not only do I hate most of his work, but the last movie he praised that I saw was Ghost In The Shell... And I hated it.

Next you're gonna tell me you hate Blade Runner :wink:

DragonClaws

Hollywood keeps making these poorly made sequels because they know there's a good chance they'll make a profit. Part 3 was just a poor retread of the first two films. Ive never sat all the way through Part 4 which didn't look all that good from what I saw.

This is supposed to be Arnie's last appearance in the franchise I think?. The people handling the last few films have taken a really cool and interesting idea and ruined it. If only Cameron had kept his interest in the series. It must be hard to make a film about emotionless killer robots and the possible wiping out of the human race, and still make it for PG-13 audience.

24% on rotten tomatoes, ouch.

looks like it could have been cool, the reviews are horrible

Archived