Terminator: Genisys (2015)

galvatron1976

galvatron1976

Arnold Schwarzenegger to Return as Terminator

The actor-turned governor of the American State of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back on screens.

The former Austrian bodybuilder has confirmed that he will return to the Terminator franchise.

The 66-year-old will reprise his role as the killer cyborg robot in the fifth installment to the franchise, which begins shooting next January.

The new film will be a follow up to 2009's Terminator Salvation film which starred Batman actor Christian Bale and used Schwarzenegger's image through computer graphics.

The Terminator is not the only thing on the iron pumper's plate at the moment, Arnie will also appear with Rocky actor Sylvester Stallone in Escape Plan and is in talks to remake 1980s cult favorite the Toxic Avenger.

No word on a release date for Terminator 5 yet.

Link

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2013/06/15/2941s770304.htm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Good news for Korean movie fans....it's been leaked that Lee Byung-hun, most well known around these parts for his collaborations with director Kim Ji-woon such as 'A Bittersweet Life', 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird', & 'I Saw the Devil', is going to be playing a T1000 terminator in the upcoming movie 'Terminator: Genisys'.

Byung-hun has been the only Korean actor to really successfully break out in Hollywood, with significant roles in movies such as 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' and 'RED 2', so it'll be interesting to see him as the first unstoppable Asian terminator!

On a sidenote, Rain, the Korean star of 'Ninja Assassin', will also get his turn to act alongside Bruce Willis, as well as John Cusack, in the upcoming action movie 'The Prince'.

Awesome news. I'm a big fan of both and I bet you a million bucks that Lee Byung hun will have a shirtless scene like he always does. :tongue:

One Armed Boxer
Awesome news. I'm a big fan of both and I bet you a million bucks that Lee Byung hun will have a shirtless scene like he always does. :tongue:

Yep, in fact I'm pretty sure he must have it written into his contract that every movie he does has to have a topless scene, a bit like Van Damme's butt clause in his 90's movies.:tongue:

Yep, in fact I'm pretty sure he must have it written into his contract that every movie he does has to have a topless scene, a bit like Van Damme's butt clause in his 90's movies.:tongue:

Thats exactly what I think. The scenes are so unnecessary but then again, I would be proud to show of that figure too so I can't blame him.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Kung Fu Community: "What a great opportunity, I am pulling for him, knock this one out of the park Byun Hunn!!!

Majority: What some Korean guy that doesn't even speak English? Wait a goddamn second, this is going against the whole skynet universe!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Prove me wrong you guys. I guarantee, the outcome of crying fans would result to this. To us, it won't be a problem at all.

Kung Fu Community: "What a great opportunity, I am pulling for him, knock this one out of the park Byun Hunn!!!

Majority: What some Korean guy that doesn't even speak English? Wait a goddamn second, this is going against the whole skynet universe!!!

One problem with the majority??? Byung-Hun speaks "near-if not perfect" English. His voice wasn't dubbed when speaking English in G.I. Joe and Red 2. They are gonna feel like idiots when they find out his English is near-perfect with virtually no accent. Then it's going to be in the immortal words of one Carlos Mencia....DEE DEE DEE!!!

Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning to his legendary role of "The Terminator" in this fifth installment of the film series. Alan Taylor (THOR: THE DARK WORLD) is directing. Taylor reunites with GAME OF THRONES star Emilia Clarke, who plays Sarah Conner. Jai Courtney plays Kyle Reese. Jason Clarke plays John Connor.

Now for the cyborgs:

Ahhhh-nold as The Terminator

Aaron V. Williamson as the T-800

Lee Byung-Hun as the T-1000

The plot is being kept under wraps but I'm guessing it involves the war of the film series. Or what will lead to the war.

Secret Executioner

Funny how the Terminator is supposed to be a robot, yet you can see it ages like a human being from a movie to another. :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Funny how the Terminator is supposed to be a robot, yet you can see it ages like a human being from a movie to another. :tongue:

LOL- post of the year!

What pains me most is seeing that not only is this a re-boot, but it's a re-boot that changes so much that it would've been more interesting to have been a new thing entirely.

But then, it wouldn't have the built-in safety net of a major franchise, I guess.

I hope to be proved wrong but this looks like liquid shit.

What pains me most is seeing that not only is this a re-boot, but it's a re-boot that changes so much that it would've been more interesting to have been a new thing entirely.

But then, it wouldn't have the built-in safety net of a major franchise, I guess.

I hope to be proved wrong but this looks like liquid shit.

It's hard to say whether it's a reboot or a sequel really. It certainly exists to reboot the franchise but it sounds like it could, in theory, be a legitimate sequel. Just a sequel that toys with a previously existing timeline. Especially since this film has a Terminator successfully killing Sarah Connor's mother only to have her raised by another Terminator.

It's easy to fuck around with franchises when you have time travel involved. I mean, look how "X-Men: Days of Future Past" managed to erase "X-Men: The Last Stand" entirely.

Secret Executioner
It's hard to say whether it's a reboot or a sequel really. It certainly exists to reboot the franchise but it sounds like it could, in theory, be a legitimate sequel. Just a sequel that toys with a previously existing timeline. Especially since this film has a Terminator successfully killing Sarah Connor's mother only to have her raised by another Terminator.

It's easy to fuck around with franchises when you have time travel involved. I mean, look how "X-Men: Days of Future Past" managed to erase "X-Men: The Last Stand" entirely.

Points from the first X-Men trilogy were already erased or contradicted in X-Men: First Class TBH. The idea could be that of an alternative timeline though, like Superman Returns was to the first Superman quadrilogy.

It looks like a big action spectacle and so it could go either way for me. I'll reserve judgment for the time being.

OpiumKungFuCracker
That might be the worst thing I've ever seen.

Holy shit, this thing looks awful beyond awful.

Really? I thought that was one of the most action packed trailers I've seen in years. What made it really special is the casting. I haven't been following the story or plot or even saw the MCG version with Christian Bale. I haven't even seen the Sarah Conner Chronicles show but just casting alone has got me as excited as Bill Cosby with a bowl of jello.

Archived