Enter The Dragon UK Pre Cert Release

sdog2006

Did I just buy a Betamax pre cert version so I could get the cast card and the Warner booklet for my VHS version? Yes and it was worth it lol. My VHS one in superb condition but was missing those items. F##k it! :bigsmile:

post-11034-14419190114_thumb.jpg

post-11034-144191901246_thumb.jpg

post-11034-144191901338_thumb.jpg

post-11034-144191901421_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm never parting with them bro. Nostalgia value out ways anything I could get.

In the mid eighties a bloke who was shutting down a private video shop promised to give me the pre-cert version on Betamax for £8.00. The prick forgot and destroyed it.

My father also managed to damage my uncut television copy from 1984 so I was stuck,

I didn't get Enter the Dragon again until 1988 and both the TV and retail copies were cut to shit. I didn't see the uncut version again until the bootlegs emerged from Shaolin Video.

Still have a complex over it as you can clearly see :-)

Drunken Monk

I have the pre-cert VHS at my mum's house back in the UK. I need to open the case when I go back for Christmas to see if it has all that included. I doubt it.

Tigerstyles

I know what you mean I was in the same boat!

I recently bought FOF on the cut Rank label ( WOD pic on cover)

Just to relive those cut days memories, I must have watched the cut tape 200 times in my youth and when I got a pre cert from a second hand shop I nearly shat my pants

I have the pre-cert VHS at my mum's house back in the UK. I need to open the case when I go back for Christmas to see if it has all that included. I doubt it.

You never know mate. It's all superficial for most, but that word counts for shit when it comes to Enter the Dragon.

I know what you mean I was in the same boat!

I recently bought FOF on the cut Rank label ( WOD pic on cover)

Just to relive those cut days memories, I must have watched the cut tape 200 times in my youth and when I got a pre cert from a second hand shop I nearly shat my pants

LOL Yep, I'm not for doing without them either (see pic)

My mother and father rented the original UK releases for me when they were released in 1982 and for years afterwards. Got Boss and Way from a mate for free, FOF for 99p from Global Video and GOD from Ebay for £17.

In truth FOF Uncut is the only one REALLY worth having but again it's nostalgia for me.

I've even got Fury of the Dragon, so you know I'm desperate :-)

post-11034-144191901503_thumb.jpg

Very nice, seeing this makes me think of mine being thrown away again :cry:

I`ve never personally seen Boss & Fist in that sleeve format only card boxes, they are pretty rare, not many released before they were pulled.

Think we discussed that before bro.

I'd never seen the card boxes before. Only on a Ebay decades later.

Think the first releases were distributed for two years and then continually became more scarce.

Archived