The source of one of the most mysterious kung fu movie sound track has been forund.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The source of one of the most mysterious kung fu movie sound tracks has been found.

What is the sound I am speaking of.

When tensions are high or when something is going to happen then a mysterious tone is heard.

You all will know what I am talking about.

May I render the sound this way:

Dodododo dodododo dodododo that bell like tinkle sound in many a kung fu movie.

Well I discovered the source of that mystery sound.

I did type in search on KFCF but no result so I hope I am the one to have discovered the root of that often used chiming sound.

It come in at the middle of this movie:

11169872_800.jpg

GD Y-Y

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
The drunken master wong fei hung theme song?

No its not that.

I will attempt to capture the sound when I have the time and you will understand.

GD Y-Y

Are you talking about the music which can be heard in some of The Venoms movies such as The flag of iron or The daredevils when it's a critical moment in a fight, for instance ?

Abbott White

The Eunuch of Western Palace,though the start & the end of the movie that sinister music is used also in the start of shaolin iron claws with Chen sing.

Chinatown Kid

Still don't know which sound your talking about but I liked the music used a lot that sounds like out of tune harp strings being plucked. It was used every time the Rover's character appeared in The Duel.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Still don't know which sound your talking about but I liked the music used a lot that sounds like out of tune harp strings being plucked. It was used every time the Rover's character appeared in The Duel.

Yeah... GDYY can you post an audio or video clip of it please? :smile:

Well we got the composers name - Maurice Jarre. Thats a start. He was a very prolific hollywood composer.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Yeah... GDYY can you post an audio or video clip of it please? :smile:

When I find it in a movie at home I will post the sound.

GD Y-Y

Killer Meteor
When I find it in a movie at home I will post the sound.

GD Y-Y

So this is another pointless backward thread of yours?

Secret Executioner
So this is another pointless backward thread of yours?

Call me crazy, but I'd have put a sample or a scene with that tune in the openng message...

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The problem is this sound only comes after the movie gets deep into the plot.

So not so easy to find unless I stumble across it in my next kung fu movie outing.

GD Y-Y

Killer Meteor

So not so easy to find unless I stumble across it in my next kung fu movie outing.

GD Y-Y

So why start the thread when you didn't have the clip or the film title to hand?

GD Y-Y

Did you read my previous post? Is it that music that features in the Fist of Fury clip? That piece shows up in some other Kung Fu movies as well. The composer to the professionals is Maurice Jarre by the way - a prolific hollywood composer.

Chinatown Kid

If I'm not mistaken It was Jarre's music that was used to the opening credits of Snake in the Eagle's Shadow as Jackie is doing the snake style against the red background during the opening credits. It had a sound similar to the old space invaders video game, that might be the music he's talking about as it had a futuristic sound. :ooh:

If I'm not mistaken It was Jarre's music that was used to the opening credits of Snake in the Eagle's Shadow as Jackie is doing the snake style against the red background during the opening credits. It had a sound similar to the old space invaders video game, that might be the music he's talking about as it had a futuristic sound. :ooh:

I know that space age kinda music you are talking about. It was actually released on record in the singles charts back in the mid seventies. I don't know the name of the track though.

After some reseach I found that it was Maurice Jarre's son Jean Michael Jarre who's 1976 music oxygene part 2 was used for the opening of Snake in the eagle's shadow.

Killer Meteor
After some reseach I found that it was Maurice Jarre's son Jean Michael Jarre who's 1976 music oxygene part 2 was used for the opening of Snake in the eagle's shadow.

Oxygene Part 2 plays during the training scenes. The music in the opening of the film is Magic Fly by Space...or Space by Magic Fly, I forget which!

Oxygene Part 2 plays during the training scenes. The music in the opening of the film is Magic Fly by Space...or Space by Magic Fly, I forget which!

Oxygene part 2 in the original HK release did play during the opening credits. But the American release was changed to the above mentioned track because there was no copyright permission apparently - so I have read.

Secret Executioner

The tune is called Magic Fly, the band is Space (French band BTW). And on a sidenote, other tunes by Space were used in kung fu flicks:

Just Blue can be heard in the trailer for Buddhist Fist And Tiger Claws (check @ 0:50):

AJnV1CDuHOg

Velvet Rape is featured in the film Fist Of The Golden Monkey (around the 25th-26th minute for instance):

vakAL9OA5kM

For some reason, I rather thought of something sci-fi related when listening to Velvet Rape - like a rocket on the Moon or something.

The tune is called Magic Fly, the band is Space (French band BTW). And on a sidenote, other tunes by Space were used in kung fu flicks.

The song was also a hit in the singles chart here in the UK and US in the 70's

It reached #2 in the UK

P_ukfGAd8T4

Archived