Meet The Great Hwang Jang Lee in London!

David Rees

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
I am 5 foot 7 and a half and if you see the pic of him and me, he is around 5 foot 6 I'd say.

Your movie hero's seem larger than life.

I am 5 foot 11.5.

So I could look down on HJL :squigglemouth:

Sure GD Y-Y LOL! :xd:

Soon you would be looking up at him from the floor...................LOL. :tongue:

GD Y-Y

Very cool photos everyone, I would of loved to been there and met the man myself, always great to get around some KF brothers and sisters, hope a few of you watched some movies together.

It was a great weekend, could only go on the Saturday myself but it was great to meet the man himself, who was very cool with a great sense of humour.

Also was great to meet up with many other fans and also to pick up the latest issue of Eastern Heroes magazine. Hopefully there will be enough support for the next event!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The question arises:

If he did not watch one of his most legendary movies Invincible Armour you would think maybe he did not watch ANY of his movies.

That would be very strange to me.

406-2.jpg

Filmography (1974-1990)

Action Director (2 films)

Eagle vs. Silver Fox (1980)

Blood Child (1982)

Producer (1 film)

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha (1981)

Director (2 films)

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha (1981)

Not Again! (1990)

Actor (62 films)

Returned Single-Legged Man 2 (1974)

Returned Single-Legged Man (1974)

Left Foot of Wrath (1974)

Kill the Shogun (1975) ... Hero's father/Final challenge fighter

Kill the Ninja (1975)

Canton Viper (1975)

Invitation to Hell (1975)

The Story of the Dragon (1976) ... Jin Yong Ji

The Secret Rivals (1976) ... Silver Fox

Secret Agent (1976)

Black Dragon River (1976)

The Instant Kung Fu Man (1977) ... Yi Lang

Hero of the Wild (1977) ... Tien Lung Chong

Snuff-Bottle Connection (1977) ... General Shantung

The Secret Rivals, Part II (1977) ... Gold Fox

The Invincible Armour (1977)

The Fearless Duo (1978) ... Ghost Leg Killer

Drunken Master (1978) ... Thunderleg Yen Tieh Hsin/Thunderfoot

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (1978) ... Master Shang Kuan Yin

The Incredible 3 (1978)

Demon Strike (1979) ... Chai Chau Tien

Dragon's Claws (1979) ... Ling Ko Fung

The 36 Deadly Styles (1979) ... 1st brother

The Dragon and the Tiger Kids (1979) ... Lu Shan Tu

Dance of the Drunk Mantis (1979) ... Rubber Legs

Challenge of the Tiger (1980) ... Yang

The Buddha Assassinator (1980) ... Prince

Eagle vs. Silver Fox (1980) ... Silver Fox

Ring of Death (1980) ... Russian Fighter

Young Hero (1980) ... Leader of Japanese invaders

Tiger Over the Wall (1980) ... Chu

Two Fists Against the Law (1980)

Lackey and the Lady Tiger (1980) ... Sek Ba

The Eagle's Killer (1981) ... Ghost Hand Lo Hsin

Hard Bastard (1981)

Tower of Death (1981) ... Chin Ku

Return of the Deadly Blade (1981) ... Kam, Invincible Golden Rings

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha (1981) ... Wong Chin

Buddhist Fist and Tiger Claws (1981)

Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger (1982) ... Tiger So

Secret Executioners (1982)

Bruce Strikes Back (1982) ... Wang Fei

Blood Child (1982) ... Wong Hung

Kid from Kwangtung (1982) ... Luo Yihu

Ninja in the Dragon's Den (1982) ... Wizard

Masters of Tiger Crane (1982)

Angry Young Man (1983)

Dragon Claws (1983) ... Kam Fu

Martial Monks of Shaolin Temple (1983)

Ghosts Galore (1983) ... Japanese Magican

Shaolin - The Blood Mission (1984)

Ninja Terminator (1985) ... Tiger[THE UNINVITED GUEST... footage]

Where's Officer Tuba? (1986) ... Extortion gang member

The Innocent Interloper (1986) ... Paleface

The Millionaires' Express (1986) ... Yukio Fushiki

The First Vampire in China (1986)

Magnificent Warriors (1987) ... General Toga's henchman

Angel (1987) ... Boss Chang Lung

No Retreat, No Surrender 2 (1987) ... Ty

Bed Companion (1988) ... Lee Chiu Sin

Live Hard (1989) ... Chief Inspector Terry Chiu

Darkside of Chinatown (1989) ... Sheung Siu Tung's hitman

GD Y-Y

thegoldenstate

Eh, I don't think it's all that uncommon for actors to eschew watching their finished product, outside of maybe a big premier event, and somehow I doubt any of his films debuted at Grauman's Theater or received similar red carpet treatment. Same with musicians -- most don't go back and listen to the final product once it has been completed to their satisfaction...

Cheers for the seminar pic Teako, that's what I wanted a gawp at.

We don't hear from you much here anymore, so I was happy to at least see you in photos of the seminar yesterday. :bigsmile: Unfortunately, I saw so many photos and have no idea who took the one I saw where you were seen so clearly. But it was taken while Hwang Sifu was demonstrating a kick, and you were sitting on the floor watching, front and center of the photo.

Hey Bob, yeah that was me, channelling my inner Roy Horan with the long haired beardy look, but instead just look like I'm having a hippy wig out moment as Hwang was laying out the badness... was trying to internalise it all I guess! Yeah, I should post more; I'm such a procrastinator with everything except training it seems... so many things I need to do to sort my life out... one day I'll sort those books even, no joke... will always love this forum & read time to time from work; should post more.

• Administrator
Cheers for the seminar pic Teako, that's what I wanted a gawp at.

What a pic it is! Wish I was in there. :nerd:

Hey Bob, yeah that was me, channelling my inner Roy Horan with the long haired beardy look, but instead just look like I'm having a hippy wig out moment as Hwang was laying out the badness... was trying to internalise it all I guess!

You damn hippy! LOL Like I can talk. :tongue: Haven't had a clean-shaven face in at least a decade!

Yeah, I should post more; I'm such a procrastinator with everything except training it seems... so many things I need to do to sort my life out... one day I'll sort those books even, no joke... will always love this forum & read time to time from work; should post more.

:wink: Wasn't trying to make you feel bad, just letting you know your input is always a good thing. You know how it goes here- the forum door is always open and family walks in and out as they please. :bigsmile:

When I stood next to Hwang I figured he must have been about 5 foot 6, But then I saw this this pic of him with Rothrock and he towers over her. Oh my god she must be so petite. Has anyone here met her and can validate my assumption? She must be like just 5 foot nothing or 4 11

10410682_10153433492600942_1666423397663014839_n_zps5895c4ee.jpg

I was there on the saturday too, (Although I would have no idea what you look like but probably saw you) I see you contributed some reviews to the new Eastern Heroes mag. Good write ups - Nice one.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Eh, I don't think it's all that uncommon for actors to eschew watching their finished product, outside of maybe a big premier event, and somehow I doubt any of his films debuted at Grauman's Theater or received similar red carpet treatment. Same with musicians -- most don't go back and listen to the final product once it has been completed to their satisfaction...

Thanks thegoldenstate.

GD Y-Y

When I stood next to Hwang I figured he must have been about 5 foot 6, But then I saw this this pic of him with Rothrock and he towers over her. Oh my god she must be so petite. Has anyone here met her and can validate my assumption? She must be like just 5 foot nothing or 4 11

10410682_10153433492600942_1666423397663014839_n_zps5895c4ee.jpg

Most online resources put her at 5'3".

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Demon Strike.

One of my favorite roles of his as the white hared devil demon.

The end fight was amazing.

7288319.3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

GD Y-Y

• Administrator
me and master hwang

great day last week hwang was really cool and confident he just walked straight into the room and started the Q& A

You could not look any happier. :bigsmile: Great photo! :wink:

Nice pic there Rodney, I remember seeing you near the front of the qeue. I took quite a few pics at the event. I think I caught you in one lol

IMG_20140913_133317231_zpsb1be8f92.jpg

Yes from Hatemadia.com I think. I don't think they have done enough to advertise it and raise it's profile. I mean, the re-lauch of a major Hong Kong action cinema magazine is a very significant thing. I got my copy at the event. In the magazine most of the articles are by contributors. One of which is David Rees who was a regular poster in this forum and in fact began this very thread and Mike Leeder is one of them too. I must say I am very impressed with the new magazine. However, I would have prefered Toby and Rick to have written more articles themselves.

EDIT

I just checked hate-media.com and it isn't for sale on there :-( If you message Ricky on facebook he will sort you out with a copy. It will be £5.00 and probably a P&P fee.

Damn, since it's such a significant publication you would think it would be more easily available.:neutral: Even though there was only 1000 printed. But I don't think they have shifted anywhere near those units yet.

sifu iron perm

Archived