New Scream Factory announcements

razorclam

@Kung Fu Bob, I just saw the new Scream Factory announcements, and hoping you get the covers for Mad Max or Escape From New York or both!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
@Kung Fu Bob, I just saw the new Scream Factory announcements, and hoping you get the covers for Mad Max or Escape From New York or both!!

LOL :bigsmile: Me too! And those are the top two I'd want out of the releases they are putting out. I'm a huge fan of these films, and for better or worse, they helped shape me into who I am today! :nerd: Here are the new titles that they announced yesterday:

"At San Diego Comic-Con, Scream Factory announced ten new Blu-Rays of classic horror films:

The Dark Half

Monkey Shines

Candyman 2

Scarecrows

Phantom of the Opera (1988)

New Year’s Evil

Dolls CE

Mad Max CE

Escape From New York CE

Also announced were non-horror Blu-Rays:

Zyuranger

The Facts of Life – the complete series

UHF CE

- See more at: http://talkbacker.com/bluray/news-bluray/scream-factory-announces-escape-ny-9-blu-rays/id=36403#sthash.AFkkELfI.dpuf"

MAD MAX is easily up there in my top 25 favorite films of all time, and I'd love a crack at it. I've made my interest known, so my fingers are crossed. Feel free to write to Shout! Factory and request me as the artist to do these covers. <ahttp://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/uploads/emoticons/default_default/wink.png' alt=':wink:'> You can do so here: http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/987 and here https://www.facebook.com/shoutfactoryofficial

Looking forward to the new Mad Max release (also one of my favorites films of all).

I'm willing to buy the Blu-ray again (if there's enough new extras... hopefully an interview with Mel Gibson or some unseen footage!)...

Bob, will definitely make a recommendation! It's you and me, side by side, on the licorice ride!

Also, they just released a pack of new posters for Mad Max Fury Road.

mad_max_fury_road_ver5.jpg

mad_max_fury_road_ver4.jpg

mad_max_fury_road_ver3.jpg

mad_max_fury_road_ver2.jpg

All that's missing Brian May's soundtrack, and of course Mel.

But I'm still looking forward to it!

Secret Executioner

Wish KFB had done the posters for the new Mad Max film actually. Fugly things.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Looking forward to the new Mad Max release (also one of my favorites films of all).

I'm willing to buy the Blu-ray again (if there's enough new extras... hopefully an interview with Mel Gibson or some unseen footage!)...

Yeah, I'd love it if they can score a Gibson interview. Come on Mel, speak to your fans about your first big role. We want to hear what you have to say. :nerd:

I'm hoping that to help get everyone excited for the new MAD MAX film, the original's filmmakers will be willing to do some more extra special stuff for this Blu-ray release. Sort of a good cross-promotion kind of thing.

How much do I love these films about the adventures of Mr. Max Rockatansky? Shit, when I was 15 I worked for a company that made "Rock 'N' Roll clothes", and I assembled a Mad Max jacket for myself out of the extra scraps of leather and deconstructed biker jackets. Yup, my little punk ass was walking around like I was ready to take on a band of dusty marauders in my tricked out, "battle-damaged" Police jacket and fingerless gloves. :xd:

Bob, will definitely make a recommendation! It's you and me, side by side, on the licorice ride!

Thanks brother. This would be a mind-blower if I get to do this gig. :nerd:

First trailer for MAD MAX: FURY ROAD.

Fucking awesome! I'm quite relieved, and even more excited now. :smile:

All that's missing Brian May's soundtrack, and of course Mel.

But I'm still looking forward to it!

The MAD MAX and ROAD WARRIOR soundtracks are phenomenal. They're both on my I-Pod, and I love when they pop up during a "shuffle" run. Sadly Brian May passed away at the gone-too-soon age of only 62 in April of 1997. I was hoping they would use some of the same music.

Mel will be missed, no doubt. I'd love to see him playing the role at his current age. I still think he'd be amazing. I am hopeful that the insanely talented Tom Hardy can fill this classic character's worn out boots.

Wish KFB had done the posters for the new Mad Max film actually. Fugly things.

Wow, what a vote of confidence! Hey, if you guys get bored, feel free to write to the movie studios with that kind of suggestions. :tongue:

I'll be uh, shouting at Shout Factory via Facebook tonight - the official "Kung Fu Bob for Mad Max" sleeve art campaign starts HERE!

Everyone on here who's also on FB - get hollering!!

Let's make this happen!!

:tongue:

Noelle Shadow Kick

"At San Diego Comic-Con, Scream Factory announced ten new Blu-Rays of classic horror films:

The Dark Half

Monkey Shines

Candyman 2

Scarecrows

Phantom of the Opera (1988)

New Year’s Evil

Dolls CE

Mad Max CE

Escape From New York CE

Also announced were non-horror Blu-Rays:

Zyuranger

The Facts of Life – the complete series

UHF CE

- See more at: http://talkbacker.com/bluray/news-bluray/scream-factory-announces-escape-ny-9-blu-rays/id=36403#sthash.AFkkELfI.dpuf"

Feel free to write to Shout! Factory and request me as the artist to do these covers. :wink: You can do so here: http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/987 and here https://www.facebook.com/shoutfactoryofficial

I need like, all of those. Mad Max and Escape from New York are no-brainers (absolutely adore these) and I definitely want Monkey Shines and Phantom of the Opera, too!

And I will certainly write to Shout! Factory :bigsmile:

First trailer for MAD MAX: FURY ROAD.

akX3Is3qBpw#t=77

Honestly looks pretty badass!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'll be uh, shouting at Shout Factory via Facebook tonight - the official "Kung Fu Bob for Mad Max" sleeve art campaign starts HERE!

Everyone on here who's also on FB - get hollering!!

Let's make this happen!!

And I will certainly write to Shout! Factory :bigsmile:

Thank you my kung fu brother and sister! :bigsmile: Some others of you- my wonderful forum family- have also put in a good word for me, and I really appreciate it. It's probably best to comment on their Scream Factory announcement thread here: https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478.24939.103961936407493/472475186222831/?type=1&theater

Honestly looks pretty badass!

Yes it does!

Did anyone else recognize/get a kick out of seeing (what looks like) the vehicle from THE CARS THAT ATE PARIS (1974, aka. THE CARS THAT EAT PEOPLE)? It looks like an old Volkswagen Bug covered in giant steel spikes!

Secret Executioner
Did anyone else recognize/get a kick out of seeing (what looks like) the vehicle from THE CARS THAT ATE PARIS (1974, aka. THE CARS THAT EAT PEOPLE)? It looks like an old Volkswagen Bug covered in giant steel spikes!

That reminded me of a Monty Python animated bit:

8TpH79Q7dh4

• Administrator
This artist has nothing on Bob, but still thought I'd share it! (and I mean that!)

Well I certainly appreciate that brother. Very kind words. :wink:

But I gotta say- I think this guy is FANTASTIC and I love this cover! :nerd: I can't be hatin'... This artist has serious skills and I dig it. Looking forward to adding this to my collection. Hope it has some killer extras.

When I heard they were releasing MAD MAX I immediately envisioned a cover. Even though I didn't get the job... that painting idea was still roaring around in my head like V8 cruising the wasteland, and I couldn't get the idle down. So I decided to do it anyway. Why not, right? :angel: I roughed the whole thing out, and I'm excited by it. But i haven't finished it as I've had more pressing things to do... like make some money to pay the freaking bills, and partner up with a great website! :bigsmile: So I will pull back the curtain on "my MAD MAX poster art" when I finish it. But in the meantime, I have no shortage of new stuff on the way. One of our very own forum brothers has a book on the way- with cover by yours truly, and a new shirt and piece of art will be launched this weekend at http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/ :nerd:

It is fantastic! A different style from yours

But damn, the life-like detail of your work fools me into thinking they're actual photos!

Would love to see your "version".... take your time, it'll be worth the wait!

Looking forward to the new stuff!

Bob looking forward to what you have coming up, and I'm hoping you get The Road Warrior cover, but you have to put that guy flipping over the handle bars!:xd:

Mad Max and Escape from NY are must haves for me.

Archived