So many movies w/ the word "Shaolin" in the title>

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

What are your favorite Shaolin Temple movies?

Movies that have the real Shaolin Temple and any derivatives the use the name Shaolin Temple but filmed at another temple or location.

A nice list will help me to find other Shaolin Temple movies.

I watched this again last night one of my all time favorites.

Shaolin Drunk Fighter.

MV5BMTczOTg3NTU1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU4MTcxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

GD Y-Y.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Chang Cheh's Shaolin Cycle:

HEROES TWO (1973) MEN FROM THE MONASTERY (1974) SHAOLIN MARTIAL ARTS (1974) FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS (1974) DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN (1975) SHAOLIN AVENGERS (1976) ** SHAOLIN TEMPLE (1976) ** NEW SHAOLIN BOXERS (1976) ** INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN (1977) * SHAOLIN RESCUERS (1979) * TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN (1980) *

Heroes Two and Men From the Monastery being the only films lacking "Shaolin" in it's title.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
I like Chang Cheh's Shaolin Cycle:

HEROES TWO (1973) MEN FROM THE MONASTERY (1974) SHAOLIN MARTIAL ARTS (1974) FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS (1974) DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN (1975) SHAOLIN AVENGERS (1976) ** SHAOLIN TEMPLE (1976) ** NEW SHAOLIN BOXERS (1976) ** INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN (1977) * SHAOLIN RESCUERS (1979) * TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN (1980) *

Heroes Two being the only film lacking "Shaolin" in it's title.

Great I have seen them all.

Of course the mainland China entry.

SHAOLIN TEMPLE

shaolin-temple.jpg

Another favorite:

War of the Shaoiln Temple.

0060164382954_500X500.jpg

Martial Arts of Shaolin Temple.

%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99+martial+monks+of+shaolin+temple.jpg

Shaolin Temple Against Lama.

Shaolin%2520Temple%2520Against%2520Lama-500x500.jpg

A Legend of Shaolin Temple 3................Have not seen.

a-legend-of-shaolin-temple-3-2011-1.jpg

Gd Y-Y

Yeah Chang Chehs Shaolin Cycle is solid from what I've seen, with a couple greats. Shaolin vs Llama has quite possilbley the best "old Shaolin Master" performance I've seen by Sun Jung Chi(sp?), and it is a good movie with great fighting throughout and some funny moments, especially in the dubbing. Shaolin Prince is a wacky movie, but very entertaining. The Master Killer movies are all great of course. Strangely enough, I've always felt the MA in those movies basically got progressively better with each film, but the first one is easily my favorite.

Any other notable movies with Sun Jung Chi?

Shaolin intruders is a very good one.

There is also a Shaolin temple with Chia Ling, if I'm not mistaken (aka 7 spirit pagoda, still if I'm not mistaken).

I think Reid's book (don't have with me) lists the most-oft used words in film titles.

Was curious and checked HKMDb. Over 200 with Shaolin in title.

Death has roughly the same but Kung Fu has over 250.

Wonder if that's the most popular?

Secret Executioner
I think Reid's book (don't have with me) lists the most-oft used words in film titles.

Was curious and checked HKMDb. Over 200 with Shaolin in title.

Death has roughly the same but Kung Fu has over 250.

Wonder if that's the most popular?

Fist and Master are also recurring terms.

Morgoth Bauglir

Any other notable movies with Sun Jung Chi?

That is a good question:bigsmile:. Let's see here.

He does some nice styling in Master of the Flying Guillotine. And then in Return of the Chinese Boxer he's back as a tournament fighter and has one of my favorite funny scenes I won't give it away you have to see it. Butterfly 18 he shows up for 1 fight and it is a dandy. I think you said you saw Wily Match recently? He's the villain and gives a good performance. Leg Fighters he has a great role, but I've always wished he had a bit more to do in the movie. Monkey Fist Floating Snake he plays the teacher, I think. I haven't seen it in awhile. I remember it was bad, but Chang Yi's villain role was unique. I don't remember anything too special from Sun Jung Ch, even though he does have a major role. Crazy Guy with Super Kung Fu he is one of the lead actors! It's worth watching for that alone.

Ah, his face is not a recognizable one to me yet. (Especially when his standout performance hes sporting a fake beard, eyebrows, and you cant see his eyes, lol.) I'll have to revisit Master of the Flying Guillotine to see him in that, and maybe the final fight of Wily Match, as I don't think that is a movie to be seen in full twice in one week, haha.

Cool to see that he is in some Jimmy Wang Yu stuff though, as I was looking to see some of his more obscure stuff anyway.. (To see Fei Lung and Kam Kong, not to see Wang Yu, haha.) So heres another addition to my Jimmy Wang Yu co-actor list, lol.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah he usually looks way different than Shaolin vs Lama. Not the prettiest man around.

I must be the only one who likes the comedy in Wily Match. The fat guy kills me!

I enjoyed the comedy in it at first, but the gimmick got old and annoying after a bit(referring to big guy acting like a child). The dubbing made it worse there was way too much bumbling and groaning, lol. the slapstick comedy in the choreo was good throughout though. I had a good laugh during the final fight, and the part with the chair.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah it is not one of the better kung fu comedies, but there's a lot of funny stuff in there. I can see people being annoyed with the comedy and turning it off. But all that Cheng Fu Hung has to do is show his face on screen and I start laughing.

Archived