Lau-Kar Leung biopic could be in progress

DiP

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

The article poses an interesting question: is Lau Kar Leung a modern version of the Chinese folk hero/icon. Is Pops our Ip Man or Wong Fei Hung? Decades from now, will he be recognised outside of the genre?

Either way, I'd love either a film or a book. I don't know nearly as much about his life as I'd like to.

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't know if I could watch a bio. I hold Lau on such a high pedestal that I wouldn't be able to watch someone imitate him.

Secret Executioner

Now THAT should be something interesting. :bigsmile: Let's just hope it won't be exploitation stuff - something along the lines of the first Ip Man movie or of The Grandmaster should be damn cool. :nerd:

I would watch it if it's not a martial arts-movie but a peek behind the curtains of the HK film industry in various stages. That could be interesting

Morgoth Bauglir

I think the way kami says would definitely be the way to go. I don't know a whole ton about Lau but he seems like a strict director. I imagine he blew up on a couple people and gave them an earful. And i imagine if it ever happened people probably shit their pants on set. I'd like to see a life story of him without fight scenes. Nobody can move like him so I wouldn't want to see them try. It would be hard seeing someone try to act like him, but it could be a good movie. Could be a great movie.

Archived