Request: Master with Cracked Fingers posters\artwork

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Hello ADC. I am currently working on a custom DVD for Jackie Chan's Master With Cracked Fingers (AKA Cub Tiger of Guangdong). My DVD will have the 1979 version of the film with English, German, Spanish and Mandarin dubbing, English subs and deleted scenes on Disk 1 and the original 1971 version in Mandarin with English subs on Disk 2 and was wondering if anyone could provide some poster scans or even make a cover for me as my scanner is broken and I am terrible at photoshop. If so I would very much appreciate it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Hello ADC. I am currently working on a custom DVD for Jackie Chan's Master With Cracked Fingers (AKA Cub Tiger of Guangdong). My DVD will have the 1979 version of the film with English, German, Spanish and Mandarin dubbing, English subs and deleted scenes on Disk 1 and the original 1971 version in Mandarin with English subs on Disk 2 and was wondering if anyone could provide some poster scans or even make a cover for me as my scanner is broken and I am terrible at photoshop. If so I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for all the hard work creating a custom DVD version of this for everybody. If people provide the poster art I will happily put together a DVD cover for your edition. :nerd:

easternfreak

Hi, here some Stuff for your DVD Cover:

n4k4u4we25528226g.jpg

r2kzcf4pbcrmikt4g.jpg

rbj0adwlhvzpouu4g.jpg

myz31yxagaa55494g.jpg

842dbpkaaj13u6y4g.jpg

cbhde8xv4uixb7a4g.jpg

e1zfwa7esbess5h4g.jpg

rcbjr9aar97547f4g.jpg

wag0se2p6tmb2qs4g.jpg

bla1vjz1dspcyby4g.jpg

duy8n3buxiic3l74g.jpg

yqt8p14n465jqgo4g.jpg

Best Regards...Easternfreak:bigsmile:

TheKungFuRobber

Thanks KUNG FU BOB, teako170 and easternfreak! This stuff is so cool. I love this movie so much and feel as though it has been needing the custom treatment for a long time. I have synched the English audio from the Prism DVD to the German print of the 1979, using the Mandarin dub to fill in the cut scenes. This is my first custom DVD but hopefully it shall be finished soon.

This DVD is going to be the real deal with properly synced audio, not like other customs with audio thrown in. It is hard work but it is well worth it.

We all started somewhere, dude. It's decent enough for someone that's not very good with Photoshop!

Are those the exact special features that will be featured on your custom? Just so I know what to put on the back cover. I'm using a mix of the images posted by easternfreak. Does it matter if I use Cub Tiger From Kwang Tung instead of Master With Cracked Fingers? I've always preferred that title.

Here's what I've got -

It's cool if you don't want to use it. It will just be another cover added to my portfolio. :nerd:

EDIT: I'll make two of the same cover but with the different titles.

kwangdisplay_zpsd12ba846.png~original

This is not a slight towards anyone who has made custom covers here (or on FB) but while many have made great front covers, the designs for the back are never on the same level. Too much energy focused on the front while the "caboose" of the sleeve.suffers from generic layout/font and some random stills. Just an observation...

Examples of what I mean by good ...

shazam-blu-b1.jpg

MVsA_DVD_Back.jpg

VS poor....

pulpfiction.jpg

GreenLanternCustomDVDcover002-Assem.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir
We all started somewhere, dude. It's decent enough for someone that's not very good with Photoshop!

Are those the exact special features that will be featured on your custom? Just so I know what to put on the back cover. I'm using a mix of the images posted by easternfreak. Does it matter if I use Cub Tiger From Kwang Tung instead of Master With Cracked Fingers? I've always preferred that title.

Here's what I've got -

It's cool if you don't want to use it. It will just be another cover added to my portfolio. :nerd:

That is a great looking DVD cover. It really pops. But there's a big problem with it. It's a picture of the poster for Death of Bruce Lee, but with Jackie Chan (Big Brawl?) pasted on.

TheKungFuRobber

Here's what I've got -

That cover is very nice, Keung. I will likely post both covers. I prefer Cub Tiger From Kwang Tung.

Here are the specs of my version:

Both disks will be PAL DVD9

Disk 1:

Remastered 1979 version in Anamorphic Widescreen

Mandarin mono

German mono

English stereo (Spanish stereo for cut scenes)

Spanish stereo

Custom English subs

Deleted scenes

Disk 2:

Unremastered 1971 version (I gave up on restoring it) in Anamorphic widescreen

English subs

Artwork gallery

Custom DVD credits

TheKungFuRobber
This is not a slight towards anyone who has made custom covers here (or on FB) but while many have made great front covers, the designs for the back are never on the same level. Too much energy focused on the front while the "caboose" of the sleeve.suffers from generic layout/font and some random stills. Just an observation...

Examples of what I mean by good ...

shazam-blu-b1.jpg

MVsA_DVD_Back.jpg

VS poor....

pulpfiction.jpg

That Pulp Fiction cover is genuinely terrible, even without the garbage on the front of it. :xd:

Secret Executioner
shazam-blu-b1.jpg

OMG, that Green Lantern art is HORRIBLE. Even cheap releases of public domain movies have better artwork (the front is especially bad). The other one however is really nice. A backcover like that with all the great imagery and the details on the content would definitely get me to buy the DVD.

That is a great looking DVD cover. It really pops. But there's a big problem with it. It's a picture of the poster for Death of Bruce Lee, but with Jackie Chan (Big Brawl?) pasted on.

All the artwork for this film is very misleading.

Even the German Blu-ray uses this particular poster.

0kgn.jpg

TheKungFuRobber
All the artwork for this film is very misleading.

Even the German Blu-ray uses this particular poster.

0kgn.jpg

Is the German Blu Ray true HD or just a crappy upscale?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Agreed. :wink:

Here's what I've got -

Nice cover bro.

Good point. I'm guilty of that. :crossedlips:

TheKungFuRobber
Agreed. :wink:

Nice cover bro.

Good point. I'm guilty of that. :crossedlips:

Looking forward to seeing your cover too. :)

Archived