Idea for Recommended viewing resource (per actor)

paimeifist

I just thought of this..with all the threads asking about titles of a certain actor, it's be cool to have a thread where we all put our input on the big stars of the old school era (depending on how deep we want to go, lots of actors, lol)and what we think their best films are. We could maybe keep some sort of tally and the 5 movies with the most mentions per actor, we put on the list under their name. Not sure what the best way to do it would be. Maybe start with a name, let it sit for a week, take score and start another name?

Just a thought, would make for a fun discussion and good resource page, especially for newer fans.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cold Bishop

List and polls are the death throes of any forum. :wink:

… but I wouldn't be against such a thing if it involves actual discussion, and not just random post-and-run rankings.

Morgoth Bauglir

For lots of actors that might not work. Lo Lieh for example a top 5 list wouldn't do. It would have to be a top 50 or maybe a top 100. But for actors like Eagle Han Ying or Billy Chow it would be nice to have a list. After watching Fist of Legend and being mesmerized by Chow's presence on screen I went on a journey watching every Billy Chow movie I could. After the 2 worst movie watching years of my life I decided that I needed recommendations. The madness had to end. I went cold turkey on Billy Chow and I've been straight for about 5 years now. I've slipped up a few times, but it's Billy Chow. Fist of Legend. Dr. Wai. Another Chinese Cop! Escape From Brothel! I must buy Billy Chow! There has to be another good Billy chow movie out there i haven't found yet. I will find it. I will find it.

For lots of actors that might not work. Lo Lieh for example a top 5 list wouldn't do. It would have to be a top 50 or maybe a top 100. But for actors like Eagle Han Ying or Billy Chow it would be nice to have a list. After watching Fist of Legend and being mesmerized by Chow's presence on screen I went on a journey watching every Billy Chow movie I could. After the 2 worst movie watching years of my life I decided that I needed recommendations. The madness had to end. I went cold turkey on Billy Chow and I've been straight for about 5 years now. I've slipped up a few times, but it's Billy Chow. Fist of Legend. Dr. Wai. Another Chinese Cop! Escape From Brothel! I must buy Billy Chow! There has to be another good Billy chow movie out there i haven't found yet. I will find it. I will find it.

Yeah. Pedicab driverl and Tough Guy are decent Billy Chow vehicles. He has some great fight scenes with Billy Chow. Perhaps even his best. He was in so many movies in the 90's in bit parts. He's great in High risk too.

Morgoth Bauglir

I've tried my best to forget High Risk, but whenever I think of it an image of Billy Chow in a thong pops into my mind. Goddammit Wong Jing.

Billy chow was in lots of good movies but for some reason after making Fist of Legend, the best role of his career, he decided to only be in really bad movies. I don't like High Risk but that was actually one of his best roles post Fist of Legend.:sad:

masterofoneinchpunch

I've tried my best to forget High Risk, but whenever I think of it an image of Billy Chow in a thong pops into my mind. Goddammit Wong Jing. ...

ImageMoLikesHighRisk_zpsp7pkqneq.jpg

Archived