Action/crime recommendations needed.

Tex Killer

As far as I am aware of, I have only "men from the gutter" and "danger has two faces".

"On the wrong track" is in my shopping list...

How about murderer pursues?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cold Bishop

Hong Kong Godfather is a must. One of the launching points of the Heroic Bloodshed genre. This Man Is Dangerous is also pretty good, if not quite as accomplished.

I liked Murderer Pursues, but I feel both The Informer and particularly Mobfix Patrol to be better.

They're not Shaw, but Alex Cheung's Cops and Robbers and Man on the Brink are much more strongly representative of what New Wave crime cinema was all about.

Brothers from the Walled City isn't as good as MftG, due to some obvious censor tinkering, but its worth a look if you liked that film.

Hua Shan did his Triad trilogy - Brotherhood, To Kill a Jaguar, The Brothers - which straddle the line between bashers and straight-up gangster films.

If you're looking at pre-New Wave stuff, Sun Chung's The Drug Connection and Kuei Chih-Hung's The Delinquent are both essential. I'm also a huge fan of Cheng Kang's Kidnap which is all the more remarkable that it plays it straight, mostly eschewing kung-fu/action.

I would love to see the MIA Bank-Busters, which sounds pretty groundbreaking for its era, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jackie Fhan

Hello, good list I believe. I have seen a couple of those movies, however I am hoping when you list movies would it be ok to ask to include dates? Sometimes movies are a little hard to find in their engilsh name and it would be great to have a few extra clues if you don't mind. :xd:

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't think this one fits but I'm gonna throw in Iron Chain Assassin. And I might as well recommend What Price Honesty too. You can't go wrong with those.

I don't think this one fits but I'm gonna throw in Iron Chain Assassin. And I might as well recommend What Price Honesty too. You can't go wrong with those.

I have both of those, iron chain assassin AKA convict killer is very good:bigsmile:. What price honesty still in plastic.

Own also HK godfather, the delinguent, to kill a jaguar and kidnap. Last of 2 I have watched, HK and delinquent still in towers unsealed...Informer I have on vcd, very good movie.

Thx cold, brotherhood and mobfix are on their way to me..

How about mercenaries from hong kong?

Sun Chien and Pai Piao are excellent in What price honesty.

Hong Kong godfather is very good, Beardy and Norman Tsui are excellent in it.

The delinquent is also very good, with Wong Chung as lead (if I'm not mistaken, I watched it a while ago...).

Mercenaries from Hong Kong is a very good action movie and Liu Yung is excellent in Brotherhood.

Mercenaries from Hong Kong is a very good action movie

At least trailer looks very nice and as it`s not yet OOP I should propably pick it from dddhouse

Sun Chien and Pai Piao are excellent in What price honesty.

Hong Kong godfather is very good, Beardy and Norman Tsui are excellent in it.

The delinquent is also very good, with Wong Chung as lead (if I'm not mistaken, I watched it a while ago...).

Sounds promising....I need to watch one of those tonight.

Cold Bishop

I've avoided mentioning any period/overtly martial-arts stuff, but if we're going down that road (and What Price Honesty? is a great film) get thee to Duel for Gold pronto, which is a straight-up hard-boiled film noir in disguise as a wuxia.

Duel for Gold pronto, which is a straight-up hard-boiled film noir in disguise as a wuxia.

It´s very very good. Greed gets what greed deserves....But back to original topic if lot martial arts involved in flick I likely have movie,,,,But some new hits so far surfaced, thank you.

Archived