"The Spirit of Kung Fu" from Si Fu Leo Au Yeung.

peringaten

Hi folks,

Over the past year or so my Si Fu Leo Au Yeung has worked with my brother filmmaker Patrick Watkins to produce a documentary covering his background of kung fu styles; "The Spirit of Kung Fu". I've helped out wherever possible here & there.

With a look at everything from Wing Chun to the three treasures of Hung Gar Kuen to Choy Lay Fut & various weapons styles; with demonstrations, techniques & history looked at for all.

This is the first part, covering Wing Chun.

There is much more to come in the very near future.

Part One:

Thanks all!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Sounds really interesting, especially as I'm still trying to practice some shapes based on a manual I have with shapes from various styles - I'm sure videos with demos could be helpful.

Drunken Monk

Hats off to the film maker. The cinematography in this was FANTASTIC. It really adds to a lot.

I loved watching it. Informative, interesting and really well-rounded. It didn't drag in at all. I can't wait to watch the others. Great work!

Nice. I want more now. It would be nice if this could be released on blu ray or dvd. Maybe expand each episode into an hour with more detail.

Hey, thanks guys; took some effort to put together, so glad that the movements & cinematography are appreciated. I think my brother & Si Fu have a tremendous amount of talent & potential together.

Hey GHW, hope you can get a bit more understanding off these videos if you are trying to self teach. That sounds like hard work; where do you live? Do you have any good martial arts teachers in your area? I say that as I think that a trained outside opinion observing your movements can offer up insights I think are very hard to stumble upon yourself otherwise, & applications with partners are a whole 'nother thing... keep it up though!

Well, Part Two is now up for the interested:

Link:

Cheers again!

Well third part is now up, looking at some of the martial arts that have been passed down through Lau Kar Leung; tiger & crane, choy lay fut, & the tid sin kuen: iron wire fist...

7nLBqmahkf0

Link:

Secret Executioner
Well third part is now up, looking at some of the martial arts that have been passed down through Lau Kar Leung; tiger & crane, choy lay fut, & the tid sin kuen: iron wire fist...

7nLBqmahkf0

Link:

Now that sounds like a very interesting one. :bigsmile:

Great video's from a talented film-maker.

The instruction is clear and easy to follow, unlike many others you can find on youtube.

Obviously its never a replacement fo a good teacher, but if you have some knowledge in the arts then these videos can be very informative. Excellent stuff, hope you do more.

Archived