Into the Badlands (2015-2019) - Daniel Wu, Emily Beecham, Nick Frost

AlbertV

I thought so too...some of the best action IMO has been in season 3, especially Gaius vs. Castor in that one clip I posted in this thread and I think Martial Club's Brian Le doubled for Babou Ceesay in the overhead shot on Pilgrim beating up ninjas. I wonder how they plan to end it now that it's cancelled.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Final Episodes Trailer. It starts with a 2 night event on March 24 and March 25 and will air on Monday nights afterwards. 

Sunny (Daniel Wu) learns Pilgrim's (Babou Ceesay) true nature and plans in the first of the final 8 episodes.

Could this be the fate of The Widow (Emily Beecham) as she must face her greatest enemy, which was seen in the episode this past Monday, the 2nd of the final 8 episodes.

24 minutes ago, rdenn said:

sunny just seems to get hit more  on each season.

I think it's the fact he's a dad and it's made him more "human", so while he does fight, he feels more "human" rather than the superhuman clipper he was in season 1.

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, rdenn said:

sunny just seems to get hit more  on each season.

And they’ve got more and more obsessed with slow motion.

Tonight is the second to last episode of the series. The second half is quite insane, but last week's episode had some pretty plot twists and some nice action. However, there was quite a major twist in the final moments of the series involving a character who's been there since season 1 (Spoiler below)

Spoiler

The priestess Cressida has always been quiet but when Lydia (the widow of Baron Quinn) is sent to kill her when Pilgrim's army arrives, Cressida unleashes her true nature and proves to be a fighter with red eyes. In the heat of the battle, Cressida stabs Lydia in the gut and escapes. Nathaniel, who had professed her love for Lydia, finds her dying in the holding cell and Lydia tells Nathaniel that she loves him before her last breath.

The series officially came to an end last night...and it was a hell of a finale...The ones I now call the Badlands Seven (Sunny (Daniel Wu), Bajie (Nick Frost), The Widow (Emily Beecham), Gaius (Lewis Tan), Tilda (Ally Ioannides), Nathaniel (Sherman Augustus), and Kannin (Sunny's sister who he found two episodes prior) (Eugenia Yuan)) led the Black Lotus in a final war against Pilgrim and his Holy Army. And yes, rivals Sunny and the Widow finally made amends.  Spoiler Alerts below

Spoiler

The Widow (who is pregnant with Gaius' baby), Gaius, and Tilda faced off against M.K. in the "Gift" Chamber. When M.K. nearly defeats the Widow, Tilda sacrifices herself, forcing the Widow to unleash her "gift" and kill M.K. only to learn Tilda is still alive but barely. They blow up the chamber and escape.

Spoiler

Nathaniel confront Cressida, who has killed Lydia and has finally realized that Pilgrim has gone too far. When Cressida escapes, Nathaniel tells her to run but he vows to avenge Lydia and will eventually get that revenge. All before using the Crippled Avengers style hand to shoot darts at two of Pilgrim's army. Why didn't he just do that to Cressida?

Spoiler

Bajie and Kannin used their anti-gift to stop most of Pilgrim's army with Sunny dispatching more until the final confrontation against Pilgrim. Sunny is mortally wounded when Bajie forces Pilgrim to be chained up Jesus-style and with one final move, Sunny kills Pilgrim but dies afterward. Bajie vows to care for Henry, Sunny's son. Sunny appears in the afterlife with the Master, who warns him a past threat is about to reemerge. Tate, the only remaining survivor of the war, and a member of Pilgrim's army, finds the one thing the Badlands had long lost...a gun!

The last spoiler has a final scene that could have possibly been a setup for season 4, but alas the show has come to an end and the final battle scene was nicely done, even with the wirework used.

Drunken Monk

I'm still a few episodes behind. I'm glad to hear it was a good finale. I'll try and catch up this weekend. Despite not loving this final season, I definitely need to know how it all ends.

into_the_badlands_316_group.jpg

The Badlands Seven (my nickname for this group) prepare for war in the final episode: Nathaniel Moon (Sherman Augustus), Kannin - Sunny's Sister (Eugenia Yuan), Bajie (Nick Frost), Sunny (Daniel Wu), Minerva the Widow (Emily Beecham), Gaius Chau (Lewis Tan), and Tilda (Ally Ioannides)

Drunken Monk

Three episodes left for me and I simply cannot summon the energy to watch them. The undercranking in episode 13 was a new low.

I think I’m honestly have to live with not knowing how this ends.

hanshotfirst1138

I had fun with this in spite of its many, many flaws. Shame it ended on a cliffhanger. I still can’t believe I was seeing HK wuxia-style fight scenes on a US show. 

Archived