Into the Badlands (2015-2019) - Daniel Wu, Emily Beecham, Nick Frost

AlbertV

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work with someone who is a big fan of the show and he's been telling me how much more blood flying about the place this season has.

He also says that, in general, it's a much better season overall.

And Nick Frost always brings the awesomezzzz :smile

Drunken Monk
27 minutes ago, Karlos said:

I work with someone who is a big fan of the show and he's been telling me how much more blood flying about the place this season has.

He also says that, in general, it's a much better season overall.

And Nick Frost always brings the awesomezzzz :smile

I find the CGI blood in this season to be a bit over the top, to be honest. I appreciate gore but spurting jets of CGI claret just doesn't look all that good.

It has been a good few episodes so far though.

Drunken Monk
On 4/3/2017 at 3:27 PM, rdenn said:

not really feeling the action in the new season so far, to much slow mo and quick cuts

Having watched more of this season now, I agree with you entirely. I feel like the action has gotten worse and worse as the season has gone along. That giant sword is way too cumbersome and doesn't look good at all on screen.

They need to go back and watch the first fight of the first season. They're strayed wildly from what was a pretty winning formula. too many overhead shots to disguise doubles, too.

New Regulars for Season 3 courtesy of Den of Geek:

Sherman Augustus (Westworld), who appeared in season two as Nathaniel Moon, is coming back for more. His character will join forces with The Widow and hopes to get revenge on Sunny. 

Babou Ceesay (Guerilla) joins the cast and will play Pilgrim, "a zealous warlord who is on a quest to recover a mysterious artifact from Azra that could tip the balance of power in the Badlands."

Ella-Rae Smith (Clique) plays Nix, "a teenager whom Pilgrim loves like his own child and uses her dark abilities to enforce his will."

Lorraine Toussaint joins Into the Badlands Season 3 as a new series regular. Toussaint will play Cressida, described as “a self-styled Prophetess and mentor to Pilgrim. She is his spiritual guide, political counsel and chief military strategist.”

Recurring roles will be played by Dean-Charles Chapman and Lewis Tan 

Mark your calendars: April 22 at 10pm will be the season 3 premiere.

http://www.amcnetworks.com/press-releases/amc-announces-2018-premiere-dates-for-new-and-returning-original-series

"Season three of “Into the Badlands“ finds Sunny (Daniel Wu of Tomb Raider) living off the grid, doing his best to provide for his infant son, Henry, in the wake of Veil’s death. It is only when Henry contracts a mysterious illness that Sunny must join forces with Bajie (Nick Frost of Shaun of the Dead) and journey back into the Badlands, where The Widow (Emily Beecham of Daphne) and Baron Chau (Eleanor Matsuura of Wonder Woman) are entrenched in a drawn-out war that has destabilized the entire region.  No longer supported by Tilda (Ally Ioannides of Parenthood) or Waldo (Stephen Lang of Avatar), The Widow must find new allies in Lydia (Orla Brady of Fringe) and in Nathaniel Moon (Sherman Augustus of Westworld) — the former regent who lost his hand to Sunny and Bajie in Season two.  But when a mysterious nomadic leader called Pilgrim (Babou Ceesay of Guerilla) arrives in the Badlands on a mission to restore Azra and usher in a new era of “peace,” old enemies must band together to defend the Badlands."

Character photos for Season 3

into-the-badlands-S3-first-look-sunny-wu

Sunny (Daniel Wu)

into-the-badlands-S3-widow-beecham-935.j

The Widow (Emily Beecham)

into-the-badlands-S3-tilda-ioannides-935

Tilly (Ally Ioannides)

into-the-badlands-S3-moon-augustus-lydia

Nathaniel Moore (Sherman Augustus) and Lydia (Orla Brady)

into-the-badlands-S3-gaius-tan-935.jpg

Gaius (Lewis Tan)

into-the-badlands-S3-castor-chapman-935.

Castor (Dean-Charles Chapman)

into-the-badlands-S3-nix-smith-935.jpg

Nix (Ella-Rae Smith)

into-the-badlands-S3-cressida-toussaint-

Cressida (Lorraine Toussaint)

into-the-badlands-S3-pilgrim-ceesay-935.

Pilgrim (Babou Ceesay)

into-the-badlands-S3-bajie-frost-935.jpg

Bajie (Nick Frost)

into-the-badlands-S3-mk-knight-935.jpg

M.K. (Aramis Knight)

This was from before season 2, but here's a look at the hard work the ladies put in their training. Daniel Wu actually helped whipped them into fighting shape.

I have to admit that I haven't watch much of season 2. 

I like season 1 but after watching a few episode of season 2, with the limited viewing time I had- i just pushed it to to the back of my viewing list.

ShaOW!linDude

Seeing as both seasons are on Netflix now, I think me and the Mrs. will rewatch the 1st for a refresher and then dive into the 2nd. 

The first two episodes of season 3 have aired and this is going to be one very interesting season. There will be 16 episodes.

Sunny is still struggling as he now must take care of his baby Henry and he must find a way to help him when he is sick. Tilda, now having defected from the Widow, has formed a vigilante faction called The Iron Rabbit. M.K., still under the throes of the Widow, is struggling to find a way out and finds himself without his "gift". Nathaniel Moon, who faced Sunny in season 2, is back and now, is the Widow's new regent. There are only two barons left and they are the Widow and Baron Chau, who are still at war, but a new threat has arrived in the form of religious zealot Pilgrim, who plans to bring "salvation" to the Badlands and those who oppose him not only face his wrath, but those of his two powerful proteges, Castor and Nix, both of whom have the "gift" as well.

I'm glad they stretched this season to 16 episodes to really flesh out the stories. Yes they still do some over the top gore, and one scene in episode 2, well, the final scene, really freaked me out a bit.

Drunken Monk

I vowed I'd never watch the third season after the dismal season 2 and, of course, I went ahead and binged the first eight episode. I'm so glad I did. The third season is FANTASTIC. Dreadful CGI blood aside, the fights are the best tv fights I've seen thus far. Seeing Brian Le and Andy Nguyen multiple times was nice, too.
The show seems to have gotten its purpose back too. Granted, it is a little daft and still feels like it's trying to get its legs but I'm along for the ride wholeheartedly. 

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I vowed I'd never watch the third season after the dismal season 2 and, of course, I went ahead and binged the first eight episode. I'm so glad I did. The third season is FANTASTIC. Dreadful CGI blood aside, the fights are the best tv fights I've seen thus far. Seeing Brian Le and Andy Nguyen multiple times was nice, too.
The show seems to have gotten its purpose back too. Granted, it is a little daft and still feels like it's trying to get its legs but I'm along for the ride wholeheartedly. 

My favorite fight this season so far pitted Gaius and Castor in Pilgrim's fortress when The Widow attempted to negotiate with Pilgrim. Episode 4. This whole action sequence has to be my favorite this season...can't wait for the second half of the season.

ShaOW!linDude

Me and the Mrs finished the 2nd season last night. I found the fights to be okay; some were certainly better than others, some were subpar. What I did notice and had to make a conscious effort to overlook is the constant wire-assisted moves in the fight scenes. Starting to get into wuxia territory with that. Hoping the 3rd season gets back to more grounded choreography.

Drunken Monk
42 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Me and the Mrs finished the 2nd season last night. I found the fights to be okay; some were certainly better than others, some were subpar. What I did notice and had to make a conscious effort to overlook is the constant wire-assisted moves in the fight scenes. Starting to get into wuxia territory with that. Hoping the 3rd season gets back to more grounded choreography.

The third season has a shitload of wire-work but it blends it with a nice amount of grounded stuff too. It should cater to all tastes.

Archived