"To Be The Best" sequel in the works

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

I like the original so this should be pretty fun. Hope they don't ruin it with a ton of MMA choreography. I can watch a Tap-Out film for that. Be kind of cool to see some of these guys now. Always liked Michael Worth as a screen fighter.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07/10/martial-arts-icons-return-in-to-be-the-best-sequel-1699927?lt_source=external,manual,manual#!bchy7Y

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I guess it is official...great news!!! The idea was brought up when they had Art Camacho Day at the Martial Arts History Museum. Sasha Mitchell and Michael Worth were amongst the people who promoted Art's career and works. I loved the original To be the Best :) I think with both Camacho and Iha at the fight choreography, it will probably be a mix of MMA and a more kickboxing standard like the original.

Wow! The original was one of these nearly undistinguishable beat'em up-flicks without any special merit that were released a dozen every week in the 90s. And I never liked Art Camacho as a choreographer, he made Don Wilson look so stiff and lame in almost every movie that both of them made together. I'm really not looking forward to seeing this.

ShaOW!linDude

I have to agree with you on Art Camacho (I've never considered him to be a very good choreographer or screen fighter). I did think the original had some good choreography in it, but it was really nothing mind-blowing. It kind of lands in a area where it's not exactly up to par but is still better than a lot of other stuff. It's really a judgment call. I guess I'm just interested to see Michael Worth back in action.

(My mini-review here if anyone's interested.)

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=188967#post188967

Archived