The Man With the Iron Fists 2 (2014)

One Armed Boxer

DTV sequel retains RZA as the title character but loses the big name stars and old school cameos of the first. As DTV movies go,watchable but very forgettable.I doubt we'll see a third.

• Like 2

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually liked the first movie. Yeah, it was over the top, but I had fun watching it. The characters and fight choreography were decent, as was the story. You could tell that RZA is a big fan of the genre, as it shows throughout the movie. I guess I'm just not as hard on passion projects, since at least the filmmakers cared. 

Glad to hear that the 2nd movie was agreed by most to be better than the first. I was wondering if I should buy the sequel or not. Guess I will now. Shame that a good deal of the original cast is gone though. 

• Like 3

I revisited this movie again last night (I was channel surfing at 1:30 a.m. and came across it). My feelings on it haven't changed since I first saw it years ago: overall it's very Meh, but still better than the first one in that it didn't waste its talent. We have Thailand (plus a mostly Thai crew and Thai supporting cast) standing in for SW China and RZA once again playing a supporting character in his own film. His fighting is not very convincing: when he's not delivering blood-splattering death blows, it looks like he's play-sparring with his opponents. Whatever kung fu training he has, it doesn't show up onscreen. The finale is better than that of the first film, although the second showdown between Dustin Nguyen and Carl Ng is a letdown. There is some nice gore at times, but watching Carl Ng go down in a torrent of bad CGI blood was a disappointment. And Cary Tagawa practically reprises his role as Shang Tsung here.

• Like 2

Never could get through this one on Netflix.  Recently bought a dvd at Dollar Tree and soldiered through it.  As boring and bland as it gets.  Worse than the first and the first was really bad.  RZA needs to release WU TANG VS GOLDEN PHOENIX, which at least gives us some of Robert Tai's last action choreography work and looks more like a heartfelt genre tribute.  

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 1:21 PM, dionbrother said:

Never could get through this one on Netflix.  Recently bought a dvd at Dollar Tree and soldiered through it.  As boring and bland as it gets.  Worse than the first and the first was really bad.  RZA needs to release WU TANG VS GOLDEN PHOENIX, which at least gives us some of Robert Tai's last action choreography work and looks more like a heartfelt genre tribute.  

Yes! What the hell happened with this movie? I assume it was never finished and only partially shot as sort of a resume?

• Like 1