The Man With the Iron Fists 2 (2014)

One Armed Boxer

Secret Executioner

If the artwork's beauty is any sign of the quality of the film, I guess this one will blow BIG time... Isn't that pink supposed to be red ?

If the artwork's beauty is any sign of the quality of the film, I guess this one will blow BIG time... Isn't that pink supposed to be red ?

They've always had that pink/magenta thing going on:

http://www.cityonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/91sekk7azkL._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.cityonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/man-with-the-iron-fists-poster-10.jpg

RZA passing on the directorial duties might be a good thing?. The first film did have its flaws but its hard to be really critical of someones first attempt at directing/making a film. Many directors get more experience behind the scenes before they take on a project themselves.

Drunken Monk

I'm 23 minutes in not sure if I can finish it. This film is TERRIBLE. I don't even know what they're going for.

There's dubbing, but I think the dubbing might be ironic. The performances make "Man of Tai Chi" look like "There Will Be Blood" and the choreography is non-existent. This belongs on the Syfy channel at about 3am.

Let's see how much more I can take...

Drunken Monk

51 minutes in and I just can't do it. This film is unwatchable. I don't even want to fast forward to the end fight.

I'm done.

I gave up around 25 mins even worse than the 1st one saw a bit of mantis but the way the fight was edited just destroyed any hope

I'm 23 minutes in not sure if I can finish it. This film is TERRIBLE. I don't even know what they're going for.

There's dubbing, but I think the dubbing might be ironic. The performances make "Man of Tai Chi" look like "There Will Be Blood" and the choreography is non-existent. This belongs on the Syfy channel at about 3am.

Let's see how much more I can take...

To bring some positivity to this thread...

There will be Blood is one of my favorite movies ever, and Daniel Day Lewis kills his role in that movie!

That's pretty astonishing just how many kung fu aficionados could not see the same film out to the end.

That's pretty astonishing just how many kung fu aficionados could not see the same film out to the end.

Challenge Accepted...

Agreed, it was even worse than the first one. If that was even possible. The fight choreography was bad, cinematography didn't exist, it looked like a cheap handicam was used to record it, and everyone seemed to be phoning it in.

Lets hope the Rza decides to take some film writing classes instead of just kung fu classes.

I absolutely disagree with what many here have to say about the film. It certainly is not a great film, but I guess no one expected it to be. But the always dependable Roel Reiné delivered a beautiful-looking martial arts actioner with a more serious tone than its predecessor and much more grounded action. The classic story won't surprise anyone, but its a solid foundation for the sporadic fights which are are sometimes good, sometimes just okay, but never bad. It's beyond me why an over-edited crap fest like WRATH OF VAJRA gets kudos for its lame fights and this film gets only hate here. I liked it much more than the first part. And the finale with its fights and explosions and gory details really rocks.

Drunken Monk
I absolutely disagree with what many here have to say about the film. It certainly is not a great film, but I guess no one expected it to be. But the always dependable Roel Reiné delivered a beautiful-looking martial arts actioner with a more serious tone than its predecessor and much more grounded action. The classic story won't surprise anyone, but its a solid foundation for the sporadic fights which are are sometimes good, sometimes just okay, but never bad. It's beyond me why an over-edited crap fest like WRATH OF VAJRA gets kudos for its lame fights and this film gets only hate here. I liked it much more than the first part. And the finale with its fights and explosions and gory details really rocks.

"Wrath of Vajra" is "Eight Diagram Pole Fighter" compared to "The Man with the Iron Fists 2".

"Wrath of Vajra" is "Eight Diagram Pole Fighter" compared to "The Man with the Iron Fists 2".

No, it remains WRATH OF VAJRA compared to TMWTIF2 and as such it sucks big time.

I watched this, I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as some of the posters said it was. I'd say it was even above average for a straight to DVD U.S action/martial arts film. It was cool to see Richard Ng's son in it too.

Have you seen it? If so, did you like it, what did you think of it?

Judging from the trailer alone, it doesn't look too promising. Also from all the negative remarks about it that have been posted online, it doesn't seem like it would be worth seeing. Which is why I have not yet seen it myself.