The Man With the Iron Fists 2 (2014)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Despite all indications that it was never going to happen, the sequel to 'The Man With the Iron Fists' is going full steam ahead, and has a release date in the US of 1st December.

Mike Leeder recently confirmed he'd been involved in the casting of the movie, and as well as the RZA, we also have Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Rick Yune, Zhu Zhu, Grace Huang, Carl Ng, Andrew Lin, Ocean Hou, & Simon Yin all confirmed as being onboard.

The movie is being directed by Roel Reiné, who is mostly involved in direct-to-DVD productions, most notably for action fans he was the man behind 'The Marine 2' and 'The Scorpion King 3'. Set your expectations accordingly.

No details on plot yet, however the biggest question that this raises is of course it was widely rumoured the RZA agreed to appear in 'Tom Yum Goong 2' on the basis that Tony Jaa would appear in the sequel to 'The Man With the Iron Fists'. Now that the sequel is coming to fruition, it appears that this promise may not happen after all.

Despite all indications that it was never going to happen, the sequel to 'The Man With the Iron Fists' is going full steam ahead, and has a release date in the US of 1st December.

Mike Leeder recently confirmed he'd been involved in the casting of the movie, and as well as the RZA, we also have Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Rick Yune, Zhu Zhu, Grace Huang, Carl Ng, Andrew Lin, Ocean Hou, & Simon Yin all confirmed as being onboard.

The movie is being directed by Roel Reiné, who is mostly involved in direct-to-DVD productions, most notably for action fans he was the man behind 'The Marine 2' and 'The Scorpion King 3'. Set your expectations accordingly.

No details on plot yet, however the biggest question that this raises is of course it was widely rumoured the RZA agreed to appear in 'Tom Yum Goong 2' on the basis that Tony Jaa would appear in the sequel to 'The Man With the Iron Fists'. Now that the sequel is coming to fruition, it appears that this promise may not happen after all.

I'm totally hailing Reiné as the "king of sequels" because he's the one who directs most direct-to-DVD sequels:

Death Race 2

Death Race 3: Inferno

The Marine 2

12 Rounds 2: Reloaded

Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption

Behind Enemy Lines 4: Seal Team 8

and now, The Man with the Iron Fists 2

He is the go to guy for action packed low budget sequels and I have to admit, I like his style of direction...definitely popcorn fare and not Oscar-worthy, but that's okay.

It will be interesting to see his direction on Man with the Iron Fists. I wasn't thrilled with RZA directing the original, so maybe this one could fare well with Reine as director.

Drunken Monk
So wait, RZA is not directing? Haven't seen the first one, how was it?

A burlap sack filled to the brim with shit. Easily the worst film of 2012.

Wow, a 2nd one. As if the first one was not bad enough....

Gotta say that I have not seen one film directed by Roel Reiné, But, they could get Alan Smithee* to direct a sequel and it would still be better. :tongue: Sadly, I may just have to pass on seeing this. :wink: I only watched the first one to see how bad it really was. And, it lived up to the hype.

(*Alan Smithee is an pseudonym used by directors when they do not want their name being used in association with a film they directed if it turned out to be a sh*t film....mostly because of studio interference or whatever)

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm rooting for this movie to succeed because of Dustin. This dude's due been a long time coming. No Femme Fatale in this one? Is this an all dude brawl flick?

I'm rooting for this movie to succeed because of Dustin. This dude's due been a long time coming. No Femme Fatale in this one? Is this an all dude brawl flick?

Have you seen Once Upon A Time in Vietnam? lol

Secret Executioner
I think I'd rather have him directing than acting. Tough choice. It's a lose lose situation.

His acting is bad and I hate his voice for some reason. So I'll go with him directing.

so when is the release date? imdb lists Dec. 1st, but that's not likely as there isn't a poster or even proper trailer yet. Also, any confirmation on not only the release date, but whether it'll be theatrical or DTV?