Classic Kung FU movies in wide-screen Japanese DVD..

Monk Sante

Monk Sante

All are listed as wide-screen. Japanese subs....no English dub or sub. :neutral:

Daggers 8

Kung Fu Genius

Snake in the Monkey's shadow

Gold Connection

Image of Bruce Lee

Tiger Over Wall

Duel of the Brave Ones

10 Magnificent Killers

High Price

Two Wondrous Tigers

The Magnificent 3

Click the link for more details.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AB%E3%83%B3%E3%83%95%E3%83%BC%E4%BB%81%E7%BE%A9~%E5%BE%A9%E8%AE%90%E3%81%AE%E5%88%83~-%E5%8E%9F%E9%A1%8C-%E7%A9%BA%E6%89%8B%E5%85%A5%E7%99%BD%E5%88%83-%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%A6%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3-%E5%AD%9F%E5%85%83%E6%96%87/dp/B002R8DKA0/ref=pd_sim_d_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VPTHFQV9A5RXSYNKEAQ

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Are my calculations correct that these come out to about $13.00 each?! :smile:

Shit, for that price, even without subs or dubs I might be willing to grab THE MAGNIFICENT THREE and SNAKE IN THE MONKEY'S SHADOW to see them in beautiful widescreen prints!

Monk Sante
Are my calculations correct that these come out to about $13.00 each?! :smile:

Shit, for that price, even without subs or dubs I might be willing to grab THE MAGNIFICENT THREE and SNAKE IN THE MONKEY'S SHADOW to see them in beautiful widescreen prints!

Your right BOB, $13 each. Great price for these wide-screen gems. I'll be ordering some myself. Daggers 8 is my favorite Meng Yuen Man Flick. Can't wait to watch that one in wide-screen. :tongue:

kungfusamurai

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't even see this in the DVD or music stores in Okinawa a few years ago, they only had the popular KF flicks by Jackie Chan, Jet Li, etc...

I got a couple this week, and they look pretty good. I mean, they're not cleaned up, they have streaks going through them, but the colours are pretty good. They're all 1.78:1, probably as wide as they went. It would be nice if they could have cleaned up the prints more, but it's better than only having bootleg pan & scan VHS sourced copies. Also, in chinese with removable japanese subs.

The only one I won't bother with is Snake In Monkey's Shadow. From the screen grabs, it looks like pan and scan.

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't even see this in the DVD or music stores in Okinawa a few years ago, they only had the popular KF flicks by Jackie Chan, Jet Li, etc...

I got a couple this week, and they look pretty good. I mean, they're not cleaned up, they have streaks going through them, but the colours are pretty good. They're all 1.78:1, probably as wide as they went. It would be nice if they could have cleaned up the prints more, but it's better than only having bootleg pan & scan VHS sourced copies. Also, in chinese with removable japanese subs.

The only one I won't bother with is Snake In Monkey's Shadow. From the screen grabs, it looks like pan and scan.

Thanks for the info KFS. I placed an order on a few of these titles. Looking forward to watching Daggers 8 widescreen. :bigsmile:

They also have "Two on the road" aKa "Fearless Dragons" in 16:9 widescreen.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%BF%85%E6%AE%BA%E3%81%AE%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3-%E5%8E%9F%E9%A1%8C-%E8%AD%98%E8%8B%B1%E9%9B%84%E9%87%8D%E8%8B%B1%E9%9B%84-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC-%E9%AB%98%E9%A3%9B/dp/B002TQ08K0/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_3

nah mate most are from negatives or positives(not sure about snake in the monkey shadow) but they are all damaged throughout not sure but maybe it looks like water damage i don't think this type of damage can be fixed possible vault fire some years ago might be the culprit? but those goldig films have been damaged for some time i think since the vengeance release of kung fu mean fists and swords and a tooth for a tooth also mantis fists and tiger claws all have the same consistant damage throughout sourced from 1980's vhs tapes.

vengeance release of kung fu mean fists and swords.

same type of damage in mantis fists and tiger claws.

the same type of damage can be seen with most of jackie chan's lo wei movies(proberbly why sony or some other company never bought them :D just a guess.)

here is a snippet from magnificent 3(note: i don't think this movie was shot in scope)

https://vid.me/yFyu

i have seen most of those jap releases all have the same consistant damage throughout. :(

and mods please don't delete this clip it's merely to show any potential buyers. :P

Archived