Ong-Bak Trilogy Anyone?

reason108

Recently it was announced that Magnolia is releasing the Ong-Bak Trilogy on blu box set. I have 2 and 3 that came out years ago but only have Ong-Bak on vcd. Not sure if its worth an upgrade since they will be selling OB by itself and I can just pick that up. But, it looks like the box set is only $10 more. And, a box set looks much nicer than a series of movies all lumped together imho.

Has anyone heard any additional news regarding this release? It would be nice if they released this uncut with subs with the original soundtrack and everything.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Misanthrope

While the promo photos show there will be some sort of slipcover or case on the trilogy set, there is no word yet on if it will be a digipak, all three discs housed in a single multi-disc case or just the re-release of the first film along with the two sequels that have been out for a few years now.

If it's the latter, you'd essentially be paying $10 more to double-dip on the two sequels since the first film is being re-released on Blu the same day. If there is no actual new content from the releases already available, then it would come down to shelf aesthetics and if you want to spend the extra money for the packaging.

I wouldn't be surprised if the set contains the same discs from the previous releases for the films.

More specifics will probably be available in the coming weeks.

(edit)

TYG2 comes out on Blu/3D Blu on the same day as well (July 29).

It would be worth upgrading if it includes an uncut Ong Bak. Of course, new extras or remastering would be nice. But, yeah, hope there is more info on this as it would be nice to get the box set. But, I could always just sell my Ong Bak 2 and 3 that I currently have. I personally prefer a box set with uniform artwork when it comes to a series like this; it looks better on my shelf. :bigsmile: And, the art on this box looks pretty cool.

optimum home entertainment have put out a Ong Bak trilogy set. Here is one out July 29 from Magnet. http://www.amazon.com/Ong-Bak-Trilogy-Tony-Jaa/dp/B00JVQ7R1Y

Yes, that is the very one that I am interested in. But, there is no info yet if this will be completely uncut or not. I think the 2nd and 3rd are uncut but the original had a new soundtrack and was edited. I have the original Ong-Bak on vcd but have wanted to update. And, it would be nice to have a box set so they all have the same art design. But, I would assume its just going to be a re-packaged deal.

That particular soundtrack is amazing. How anyone can listen to the original Thai version is beyond me.

Archived