The Anomaly (2014)

SamSeed

Released on 4th July is British sci-fi film The Anomaly. Directed by and starring Noel Clarke (4.3.2.1, Adulthood, Doctor Who), it looks as if there will be several fight scenes in the film, and he has stated specifically that he likes to film using long takes. I can't wait!

The premise sounds good as well, here's the trailer:

wgDlUiEqyb4

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

That looks good! :bigsmile:

I'm always ready for a well-made sci-fi/action flick.

I saw this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I imagine it won't be to everyone's taste, but the premise is really good and Clarke is a better actor than most give him credit for. There are an abundance of fight scenes and Clarke not only uses long takes but some of them are done in one take! Word of warning though, there is a lot of slo-mo used. I didn't find it annoying, as it fit with the style of the film and it gives you a chance to enjoy the excellent choreography. Clarke realy sells the action, a standout for me being a fight between him, a pimp and various goons. Ian Somerhalder (best known I believe for The Vampire Diaries and Lost) is great as the villain and it looks as if the actors did most of the fighting themselves. Overall, I would absolutely reccomend it, as a sci-fi thriller and as a first rate action film.

ShaOW!linDude

I'm down for this. Sci-fi and good fights? That's a win-win.

So on the off chance that anyone has the blu ray of this, I'm really annoyed because there is a director's commentary exclusive to the blu ray and I can only play DVDs! If anyone happens to be able to upload the commentary somewhere that would be amazing. I really wanted to hear Noel Clarke talking about the fight scenes and such.

In the UK, yes. The DVD only has he film whereas the Blu Ray has a ton of extra features, including how they choreographed the fights and a commentary.

The whole film is on YouTube now (but please, if you happen to like it, do buy the DVD, supporting this kind of low budget film is important):

vCDzIgqC9nU

I'm only posting so that you can get an idea of the fight scenes.

Archived