all men are brothers question

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

I just have a bootleg vhs tape of the shaw brothers all men are brothers looking to upgrade it to dvd but have a weird question to ask about the movie this is probably going to make you people laugh but in the version I got in new York in the 90s when ever theres a fight or any action in the movie the screen turns a lil bit green it turns from regular color to a greenish type of color it happens when ever theres a fight in the movie and not when there just talking in the movie its a regular color I really don't know what the hell I bought lol haa haaaa:tongue:or what type of version they gave well my question is does this happen in the dvd also with the green color on the screen LOL :wink:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eastern Evil
I just have a bootleg vhs tape of the shaw brothers all men are brothers looking to upgrade it to dvd but have a weird question to ask about the movie this is probably going to make you people laugh but in the version I got in new York in the 90s when ever theres a fight or any action in the movie the screen turns a lil bit green it turns from regular color to a greenish type of color it happens when ever theres a fight in the movie and not when there just talking in the movie its a regular color I really don't know what the hell I bought lol haa haaaa:tongue:or what type of version they gave well my question is does this happen in the dvd also with the green color on the screen LOL :wink:

I'll check mine. I know the screen goes red or black & white In Chang Cheh films whenever there is a bloody scene. I think it was to appease censors, but I could be wrong.

See if you can find a spot fpr me to check timewise.

shaolin swords

eastern evil whats up bro if you can check yours would appreciate it THANKS!!!!!!!

Eastern Evil
eastern evil whats up bro if you can check yours would appreciate it THANKS!!!!!!!

Hello bro - didn't see it (IVL Custom audio by RogueWarrior)

IF you give me a specific scene I will check, but not in the Chen Kuan Tai/Fan Mei Sheng death scenes or any other bloody ones I looked at.,

shaolin swords

i was going to buy it any way no matter what just wanted to see if the one am buying has the green screen in it LOL but thanks for checking

Cold Bishop

I guess my main question: does it turn into a completely green-and-black, as Chang Cheh was want to do with black and red? Or did it just have a green hue, as if it was taken from a different, more degraded source?

All Men are Brothers was famously cut up, and much of the action had to be reinserted from a German release print. If it's the latter, you may have just seen the side-effects of an early composite version.

shaolin swords

cold bishop it turns into a green and black type of color when ever theres a fight or action in the movie kind of weird the only version I seen is the vhs one that I got am going to buy the well go usa one that one does not have the green and black color in it or does it ??? lol:tongue:

Cold Bishop

Yeah, it doesn't do that. Nor do I believe it's suppose to. There's even an old VHS copy on Youtube, doesn't do it either, so it's not a restoration change.

Archived