Expendables 3 (2014)

Keung

They could (should ?) definitely get rid of some guys in there. Keep only the bigger guns like Sly, Arnie, Jet Li... I have no clue who half of the people on the photo are.

That's what I've been thinking since the first film. They don't need more stars, they need less stars. Currently they have too many stars, which results in too little attention and star moments for each of them.

I'd rather have just Arnold, Sly and Dolph as the heroes - and then maybe two stars as villains. Then you could actually do something interesting with the characters and focus on their personalities.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

If they had balls, they'd wipe out at least half of them during the film.

If they had balls, they'd wipe out at least half of them during the film.

I'm actually kinda hoping they do that with the new guys - just have Mel take them out, Martin Riggs style.

I'm guessing Kelsey Grammer is the Tool of the film (uh, so to speak? :tongue:)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'm actually kinda hoping they do that with the new guys - just have Mel take them out, Martin Riggs style.

Yeah, that would be a great way to motivate "The Revenge". :nerd: Mel looks like he's still in good shape. I'd love to see that. As long as he still had the martial arts skills he had in the first LETHAL WEAPON, not the sequels where his character seemed to forget that he had training "including Brazilian jiu-jitsu, judo, boxing, and muay thai".

I'm guessing Kelsey Grammer is the Tool of the film (uh, so to speak? :tongue:)

:xd: He's a great actor. But he definitely does look, uh... "toolish". :angel: Yes he does.

Yeah, that would be a great way to motivate "The Revenge". :nerd: Mel looks like he's still in good shape. I'd love to see that. As long as he still had the martial arts skills he had in the first LETHAL WEAPON, not the sequels where his character seemed to forget that he had training "including Brazilian jiu-jitsu, judo, boxing, and muay thai".

Bro, how I hate those LW sequels! By the time the 3rd one rolled around it was if they'd replace Riggs with a clownish clone or something. LW1 Riggs would've choked him out. On a lawn. :tongue:

:xd: He's a great actor. But he definitely does look, uh... "toolish". :angel: Yes he does.

I love the guy, I really do. He'll always be Frasier to me but it's nice to see him doing something so unexpected!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Bro, how I hate those LW sequels! By the time the 3rd one rolled around it was if they'd replace Riggs with a clownish clone or something. LW1 Riggs would've choked him out. On a lawn. :tongue:

Though I was disappointed his dangerous edge suddenly disappeared, I must admit to loving LW2, and liking LW3 and LW4. They turned into an entirely different series of films than the first one, but they do still have an appeal for me. But yes, the original Riggs would've met LW3 Riggs and immediately determined he was as cool as clown shoes and choked him out... on a lawn... under a rain of hydrant water... and made him the cherry on the Mr. Joshua sundae there.

I love the guy, I really do. He'll always be Frasier to me but it's nice to see him doing something so unexpected!

Same here- he's Frasier Crane forever. I was beyond shocked when he appeared as Beast in the X-MEN movie! Now he's an Expendable? Who'd have ever thunk it? We keep hearing that he's incredible in the TV series BOSS, and will probably check it out soon. But he does look like a tool.

Though I was disappointed his dangerous edge suddenly disappeared, I must admit to loving LW2, and liking LW3 and LW4. They turned into an entirely different series of films than the first one, but they do still have an appeal for me. But yes, the original Riggs would've met LW3 Riggs and immediately determined he was as cool as clown shoes and choked him out... on a lawn... under a rain of hydrant water... and made him the cherry on the Mr. Joshua sundae there.

I hear ya, bro. I want to like the LW follow-ups but I just can't take to them. The rot set in when Shane Black quit, for me.

Same here- he's Frasier Crane forever. I was beyond shocked when he appeared as Beast in the X-MEN movie! Now he's an Expendable? Who'd have ever thunk it? We keep hearing that he's incredible in the TV series BOSS, and will probably check it out soon. But he does look like a tool.

I have a friend who loves BOSS. Calls it some of the best TV he's ever seen. You should check it out, bro.

Noelle Shadow Kick

I saw that, it's so dumb. I just don't get it.

No one who is under 17 knows who Dolph Lundgren is anyways.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I saw that, it's so dumb. I just don't get it.

No one who is under 17 knows who Dolph Lundgren is anyways.

The big selling points were always 1.) See the action stars of the past gathered together in 2.) a no-bullshit, R rated action flick like the good old days. Was THE TERMINATOR rated PG-13? Um... I don't think so. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Still, PG-13 these days gets away with more than most R-rated flicks did in the '80s. If you watch the Director's Cut of COMMANDO (which is THE way to see it!), the stuff that they were forced to cut to get an R rating is the stuff I see on Prime-time TV shows nowadays!

Still... as you said, it's just dumb. Unless you are only concerned with money... which is exactly where the studios are coming from. :squigglemouth:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Damn didn't know this franchise was going the good day or die hard route. Or was it live free or die hard that was a pg-13 released?

Drunken Monk

Apparently "The Expendables 3" has already leaked online. A DVD screener version too. I imagine heads are going to roll at the studio as this might lose the film a lot of revenue.

Couldn't resist. It had some good points but ultimately the weakest of the series. It felt restrained and you can also throw that claim about rivaling The Raid's action scenes out the window. I'd buy on blu ray though. :tongue:

Secret Executioner
It felt restrained and you can also throw that claim about rivaling The Raid's action scenes out the window. I'd buy on blu ray though. :tongue:

Haven't seen the first Raid (as it seems to be the one referred to here), but if it's anywhere near the second lemme tell you the bar is set really high.

Is jet Li in this movie a lot more?

I hope he is. But there are so many big guns (though I never heard of literally half the cast) that I guess either some will have all the focus or there will be small focus for everyone. So it sounds like a lose-lose situation.

Jet is in this movie less than 10 min and has no hand to hand fights. (I repeat NO HAND TO HAND FIGHTS!!) :cry:

Secret Executioner
Jet is in this movie less than 10 min and has no hand to hand fights. (I repeat NO HAND TO HAND FIGHTS!!) :cry:

Like she says:

DritaDavanzo_animated_gif.gif

What's the point ? DUH!!

Looks like Li and Schwarzenegger will have more screentime this time.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/jet-li-returns-in-expendables-3/

Thats false. Arnold has less screen time than the last but more than Jet. He appears here and there. Jet And Arnold only get into action in the final battle which only includes them shooting at people. On a side note, I'm I the only one who feels like Jet Li's english has gotten worse with age? There was a time when I thought his english was better the Jackie Chan but almost everything he says in The Expendables films are cringe worthy poorly delivered. This really bugs me because he sounded great in films like Kiss of The Dragon and Unleashed. Maybe bad writing has something to do with it?

Archived