Expendables 3 (2014)

Keung

Guest Markgway
The Expendables movies are like a 90 minute classmeeting with people you haven't seen for a decade. Too many people, some you won't even notice were there, and the others get their 2 minutes to shine until they disappear. Such a waste.

You maybe right, but I think we just have to accept these films as, given your analogy, class reunions.

The first was mediocre, the second better, but whatever, I'm glad they exist.

Enjoy them while they last, these guys really aren't getting any younger!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce Willis is out and Harrison Ford is in!

Full story HERE

Also joining...MMA fighter Ronda Rousey, boxer Victor Ortiz and former TWILIGHT star turned action star Kellan Lutz.

Guest Markgway

Not keen on MMA fighters being cast, unless it's just as henchmen.

We want to see action MOVIE stars, not cage fighters.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Anybody else feel jaded with all these cast being thrown into the new Expendables movie?? Yeah I had an orgasm when the first movie was announced because having that many stars in one movie is exciting time, then the 2nd time around I was like, cool but I wasn't shooting a load or anything and now this news with all these stars thrown in?? I'm too jaded and whatever and I'll wait until I see in in the theaters. Hopefully I'll have more secret juice to pump me up.

Noelle Shadow Kick
Not keen on MMA fighters being cast, unless it's just as henchmen.

We want to see action MOVIE stars, not cage fighters.

I totally agree.

Also, why am I the only one dying to see Kurt Russell in these?! lol

I totally agree.

Also, why am I the only one dying to see Kurt Russell in these?! lol

I'd love to see him in this but he turned down the first film and I think Sly is not going to ask him again - shame.

muppetdanny

If Jackie is this too, this film will rock:tongue:

Is Jackie in this? I keep seeing that he is and the next he's not on different websites.

If Jackie is this too, this film will rock:tongue:

Is Jackie in this? I keep seeing that he is and the next he's not on different websites.

Yes, Jackie has confirmed he will be in it. He told Stallone what the condition was and being the film's screenwriter, Stallone agreed to Jackie's condition

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jackie-chan-confirms-involvement-in-expendables-3

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sounds about right. If you believe Kevin Smith, Willis is the biggest douche on the planet. Heard this from other sources as well.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't....

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wait a minute? If Jackie is in it, what about Jet? You can't have both Jackie and Jet together in the same movie now can you? If they leave out Jet Li then consider me out for this one..

Noelle Shadow Kick
Sounds about right. If you believe Kevin Smith, Willis is the biggest douche on the planet. Heard this from other sources as well.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't....

Kevin Smith recently had Rian Johnson (director of Looper) on his podcast and he talked about working will Willis and Johnson made it abundantly clear that he did NOT feel the same way Smith did when working with Willis.

I think with Smith and Willis, there was a bit of an ego contest going on. Smith likes to control every aspect of his films....and Willis likes to improv and will give input on what he thinks is better. They must have gotten along on Live Free or Die Hard or they wouldn't have made Cop Out, but I think that was a case of two stubborn people.

Willis definitely gives hilariously awkward interviews occasionally, and if the interviewer says something he doesn't like then he becomes uncooperative very fast. However, I watch most of his interviews and I would say 9/10 are very funny and interesting, and 1/10 being extremely awkward.

So at the end of the day, he's probably just a moody dude who doesn't always play nice because he's Bruce Willis god damn it. Though who knows haha

TibetanWhiteCrane

He demanded a million dollars a day for four days work, and he was already getting three milion.

Noelle Shadow Kick
He demanded a million dollars a day for four days work, and he was already getting three milion.

I only just saw this report, and it was from an unnamed source. I think I'll wait this one out before jumping to any conclusions. I think I saw someone else make this point earlier: Willis does direct to video stuff all the time when his friends are involved. I can't imagine he's a dude who just walks around demanding absurd amounts of money from everyone. I'll wait for the full story to unfold before jumping to conclusions.

I also think it was extremely unprofessional of Stallone to make the announcement the way he did. And greedy and lazy? From the guy making another Rocky movie about training Apollo Creed's grandson?

I love both Stallone and Willis, but always hate to see such unprofessional behavior. If Willis tweeted "EXPENDABLES 3 IS STUPID. STALLONE IS CHEAP" out of the blue I'd feel the same way.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Seriously no Bruce Willis or Jet Li in the 3rd one? Oh well, time to bring back Bruno!!!

Gzd1XBvfySA

Guest Markgway

Stallone now needs to stop casting and start writing... or else we'll have a whole bunch of stars with nothing to do!

TibetanWhiteCrane

Mods, please merge the two Expendables 3 threads.... people are posting the same news in two different places.

• Administrator

It does seem to be bursting at the seams with talent now. I'm also getting worried that it's too much. I mean, will Antonio Banderas be playing "Radio operator # 2"? :squigglemouth:

I'd dig seeing Mel Gibson go all "Lethal Weapon 1 Martin Riggs crazy" on Jason Statham in a one-on-one fight. That would be sweet. Maybe they could just have him say the lines that he said to his ex-wife, to Statham during the fight, just to give it that little bit of extra, raw realism? :angel:

Secret Executioner
It does seem to be bursting at the seams with talent now. I'm also getting worried that it's too much. I mean, will Antonio Banderas be playing "Radio operator # 2"? :squigglemouth:

I don't get what he's doing in that either. Maybe he'll be the hostage to rescue or some office guy... He's not an action guy in my book.

Archived