Expendables 3 (2014)

Keung

Guest Markgway

I didn't say the action was better in The Expendables 2, just that I enjoyed the film more. The Raid was wall-to-wall violence, which I found numbing after a while. An injection of humour or characterisation wouldn't have gone a miss - The Expendables 2 had those and a lot of charisma.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Looks like The Raid is the benchmark for how action movies should be made now courtesy of Sly's tweet. Did anybody read it?

blue_skies
I didn't say the action was better in The Expendables 2, just that I enjoyed the film more. The Raid was wall-to-wall violence, which I found numbing after a while. An injection of humour or characterisation wouldn't have gone a miss - The Expendables 2 had those and a lot of charisma.

I can understand that and kind of agree. Still I wish Hollywood could satisfy me on an action level, the most fundamental ingredient in an action movie.

Looks like The Raid is the benchmark for how action movies should be made now courtesy of Sly's tweet. Did anybody read it?

what did he say exactly? or was it the same as from that Digital spy link a few posts above?

Noelle Shadow Kick

The article says Milla Jovovich is in 3, too. I haven't seen this anywhere else though. Is this true? I'd be for that. I have such a girl crush on her.

The article says Milla Jovovich is in 3, too. I haven't seen this anywhere else though. Is this true? I'd be for that. I have such a girl crush on her.

You are quite right, Noelle. I missed Milla out!

I've read a few reports saying her, Chan and Snipes have been confirmed as cast members.

No confirmation for Nic Cage - or at least, I've not seen one recently. I'm sure more eagle eyed forum members will find something online that says yay or nay.

I've also read that Seagal is still in talks.

Sadly, still no word on Leo Fong. :tongue:

Here's a recent interview with Donnie Yen at Cannes Film Festival where he reveals that he doesn't rule out the possibility to co-star in the movie, as long as the role as interesting enough.

http://www.impactonline.co/features/1302-donnie-yen-iceman-interview

I'm sure what he means to say, to quote one of Tom Cruise's characters is "show me the money".:wink:

Donnie's smarter than that. After all, he turned down the second movie because of the role and not because of the salary he was to get if accepting the role. If the role in this one won't be any different than the earlier movies, it'd be Donnie turning Sly down again.

I hope Seagal isn't in it but I guess it's inevitable. God he's the worst. The way he runs!

http://m.vice.com/read/steven-seagal-is-the-lamest-guy-ever

Pretty rough stuff but I do not really care how one thinks or acts outside screen. I`m not so big Seagal fan but he is OK. Gave good performance in "machete" and some his own movies are fine too.

Hopefully he does great in exp.3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Is Rourke coming back for the third one? I hadn't heard that.

As for Seagal, I'll believe it when I see it. There have been so many rumors about him coming on-board since the first film. We'll see...

Guest Markgway

I don't know what's going on with Willis.

Looks like he'll appear in any old shit for the cash, some of it DTV, but turns his back on a guaranteed box office hit with a top-drawer cast.

Neon Samurai

My heart screams for Michael Dudikoff and Cynthia Rothrock to get cameos but alas it's probably not in the cards.

Here's hoping Sly was serious about a female version of the Expendables with Lucy Lawless and Cynthia. :nerd:

I don't know what's going on with Willis.

Looks like he'll appear in any old shit for the cash, some of it DTV, but turns his back on a guaranteed box office hit with a top-drawer cast.

Actually I'd argue that Willis has done very well lately. Last year he did Looper. This year he's had three action pictures already. And it should be noted, if we're talking box office, G.I. Joe Retaliation was a pretty good move. And I'm sure A Good Day to Die Hard...seemed like a good idea at the time. But even that made $300 million worldwide. And Red 2 has a pretty great cast as well. All that to say I think he's still on a pretty good roll....

That being said, I don't like that he's out of E3. He should have found a way to work it out.

If you asked me, Sly should be firing rather than hiring.

The Expendables movies are like a 90 minute classmeeting with people you haven't seen for a decade. Too many people, some you won't even notice were there, and the others get their 2 minutes to shine until they disappear. Such a waste.

Give me Sly and Dolph as a two man hit team, set against good villain, and you might still have space for one meaningless cameo, then it would start to look interesting. Now it just looks like mess.

At least I hope they refrain from CGI blood and don't write it for 13 year olds this time. Expendables 2 was an insult to 80's action film fans.

HARRISON FORD?! :ooh:

Whoa.

Sly certainly knows how to assemble a cast.

Seeing as how Mel Gibson is the big bad in both EXP3 and MACHETE KILLS, they should do some sort of crossover. :tongue:

Archived