Expendables 3 (2014)

Keung

Hey, wait a minute! All these years I've been saying Jackie sucks, and have been dogged for it... Now it's fashionable to say Jackie sucks?!

Ok, I forgive you.

Jackie sucks!

:nerd:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch
Hey, wait a minute! All these years I've been saying Jackie sucks, and have been dogged for it... Now it's fashionable to say Jackie sucks?!

...Ok, I forgive you.

Jackie sucks!

So are you saying that even 1980's Jackie sucks?

So are you saying that even 1980's Jackie sucks?

Yeah, he sucks now. But I'm not sure how someone could watch Police Story or Project A and tell me he's always sucked.

masterofoneinchpunch
Yeah, he sucks now. But I'm not sure how someone could watch Police Story or Project A and tell me he's always sucked.

That's what bothered me about that statement (and echoing your animated gif). Sure make fun of 1911, but his early 90s and late 80s work?

Yeah, I mean...wow. I won't even begin to make this ugly because, seriously, opinions are opinions and at the end of the day, who cares? But Dragon, dude, you've never liked Jackie?

TheGrimReaper

@Dragon: It's the same if I say that Bruce Lee sucks... Then what? Generalizing a hatred towards anyone in the martial arts movies is not a pleasant thing, so you might reconsider your statement? If not you are forgiven, mate...

Greetings

Skip the Expendables! I want a gong fu version, EVERYONE from the 70s-80s!! Even if its just for a cameo, Id love to see that!!

A "Shanghai 13" remake, perhaps?

As for Jackie Chan sucking, I'll go on record as saying that Jackie Chan is/was OBJECTIVELY great.

I don't see how anyone can say Jackie didn't contribute hugely to the genre and, in his earlier years, put out consistently enjoyable films.

Chinatown Kid

Politics aside, Jackie's classics will stand the test of time. Drunken Master 1 and 2, Young Master, Police Story, and his fights with Benny are two of the best one on one fights ever. I'm just seperating the man's talent from his personel beliefs which I don't agree with either....And Bruce Lee wasn't an angel either and had his faults as well, but I still realize his genious and talent too and am a bigger fan of him than Jackie! :tongue:

I've always been a huge fan of Jackie. All the negative stuff coming out about CZ is really a bummer for me cause I thought it would be really good. Little Big Soldier IMO was great, so my expectations were high for this. Anyways, Expendables 3: good move. It's a big movie, lots of talent, it's an ensemble piece, sure to make good money, what's not to like? He needs to do stuff like this instead of The Spy Next Door...

Yeah, I mean...wow. I won't even begin to make this ugly because, seriously, opinions are opinions and at the end of the day, who cares? But Dragon, dude, you've never liked Jackie?

No, sorry. Allow me to be clear- I love the old JC-Drunken Master, SITES, YOUNG MASTER, POLICE STORY I&II, even Rumble in The Bonx JC. It's the mid to late 90's and the US-JC that I loathe.

7hu6NoRR7pg

Sometimes I wish this site had an ignore function.......

Hey man! How you doin'?!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Will Jackie in his contract "HAVE" the license to spout some c o m m i e sentiments?

Its a big BOOOOO!

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

GD Y-Y

I do not like c o m m i e s .....! and the rest of THEM!

P.S. I still LOVE Dear Jackie of this there can be no doubt.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Jackie must be a

c o m m i e

or

"ELSE" .......!

It makes one think>>>>>> Hong Kong Cinema before the END....

FREEDOM VS. the c o m m i e WAY?

Freedom is ALWAYS the better WAY so says:Lao Tzu!!!!!

And so were the MARVELOUS entry's into World Cinema, the: '

CLASSIC' Kung fu Movies AKA Hong Kong Cinema and Taiwan Cinema!

GD Y-Y

No, sorry. Allow me to be clear- I love the old JC-Drunken Master, SITES, YOUNG MASTER, POLICE STORY I&II, even Rumble in The Bonx JC. It's the mid to late 90's and the US-JC that I loathe.

It's all good. You had me scared there for a second.

TheGrimReaper

Me too.

It's good to know that the hatred is towards his recent work (I was having lots of anger myself for such idiotic examples such as The spy next door, the Medallion, Rumble in the Bronx, Rush Hour 3, 1911 (which I watched halfway through), Rob-B-Hood, The Tuxedo) and maybe starring him in the next Expendables movie would be actually good - since Jet is out of the picture...

Perhaps they could persuade Donnie Yen to make an extended cameo :) But that's only my speculations...

Greetings

Killer Meteor
Will Jackie in his contract "HAVE" the license to spout some c o m m i e sentiments?

Its a big BOOOOO!

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

GD Y-Y

I do not like c o m m i e s .....! and the rest of THEM!

P.S. I still LOVE Dear Jackie of this there can be no doubt.

Communism in the individual is fine...it's totalitarism that is the problem, communist or otherwise.

Skip the Expendables! I want a gong fu version, EVERYONE from the 70s-80s!! Even if its just for a cameo, Id love to see that!!

A "Shanghai 13" remake, perhaps?

Not necessarily a SHANGHAI 13 remake but something very close along those lines. That would be epic. With the right director and action choreographer, it could be look really cool. Here's some possible stars that I think could work out well:

Chen Kuan Tai

Kuo Choi

Lo Meng

Jackie Chan

Sammo Hung

Yuen Biao

Hwang Jang Lee

Sonny Chiba

Henry Sanada

Billy Chong

Andy Lau

Bruce Le

Conan Lee

It's a nice dream...

masterofoneinchpunch
Well, excuse me!

Actually I believe you meant it to be funny you know contrasting the irony of the statement (individualism with Communism) in a glib little statement. I have now dissected and killed the joke.

Killer Meteor
Actually I believe you meant it to be funny you know contrasting the irony of the statement (individualism with Communism) in a glib little statement. I have now dissected and killed the joke.

Ah, I wasn't trying to be funny...but that's usually when I'm funniest! :)

Perhaps they could persuade Donnie Yen to make an extended cameo :) But that's only my speculations...

Greetings

I think Donnie Yen would actually suit the expendables franchise a lot better than Jackie Chan probably will, in my opinion anyway

Archived