Chinese Zodiac 2 in the works...

mpm74

Variety article: “On completion of Dragon Blade, Chan will next shoot English-language actioner Skiptrace before taking the lead role in Chinese Zodiac II, a sequel to the Chan-directed and starring comedy action hit of December 2012.”

So this technically means ARMOUR OF GOD 4!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chinese Zodiac sucked balls! IMO the humor was aimed towards little kids. I felt like it dragged on and on..I actually enjoyed the "sofa fight" but I feel any averege fight scene I would have enjoyed after watching 2 hours of that movie. Maybe I'm being to hard on it but this one I won't be waiting for, and I will have to read some excellent reviews to even check it out.

I hope Zhang Lanxin returns for this one...she was truly an action highlight of the first film.

This could be quite good. Chinese Zodiac was by no means a classic, but the end fight is one of Jackie's best in some time

Since CZ12 was supposed to be Chan's last real action movie can we expect all the story goodness and the great infantile humor of CHINESE ZODIAC without the annoying action? That would be just swell!

I remember being so excited when Jackie was releasing Operation Condor, Twin Dragons, Police Story III etc. The buzz you would get, even with dodgy bootleg copies, was awesome back in the day.

The irony is that he was the same age I am now when Police Story III came out. Now he's 60 years old and churning out complete tripe, because his ego won't let him pack it in.

Please do something else to help improve action cinema, instead of acting like a vain old actress who is past her sell by date.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I loved every minute of Chinese Zodiac, so bring it on!

Wow, gonna have to queue it now.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I remember being so excited when Jackie was releasing Operation Condor, Twin Dragons, Police Story III etc. The buzz you would get, even with dodgy bootleg copies, was awesome back in the day.

The irony is that he was the same age I am now when Police Story III came out. Now he's 60 years old and churning out complete tripe, because his ego won't let him pack it in.

Please do something else to help improve action cinema, instead of acting like a vain old actress who is past her sell by date.

Well 60 is kinda way past someone's prime and he was given the opportunity to do The Expendables 3 but he turned it down.

Actually he need not be in his prime because he has what tons of the others lack, imagination. The chair fight, the picture frame and camera lights. His stuff always feels and looks good. Never Fs about with the camera as he wants you to see what the f he came up with.

Truth be told, now is the time for him to start undercranking his stuff. It would make it look great and make up his lost steps. I am not speaking about the movies themselves or any of the other slapstick type stuff from CZ.

Sadly Jackie's now completely on the Mainland bandwagon so as long as he stays there we won't be seeing classic Jackie films anymore unless he decides to go back to Hong Kong with the money he earned making in the Mainland, which I highly doubt it this point.

Archived