Why won't anyone re-release any of Jackie Chan's Lo Wei films properly?

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Hello KFC,

Yesterday I received my Hong Kong Legends Ultra-Bit Edition of Dragon Fist to replace my old Eastern Heroes DVD. I enjoyed every minute of this. The plot, acting, fights and twists were all awesome. This film was directed by Lo Wei and choreographed by Chan himself. However, this DVD is extremely rare and expensive and the only subtitled copy still in print is the Columbia Tristar DVD which is cut by over 20 minutes! Every Fortune Star official DVD lacks any English subtitling and the two horrible DVDs released by Eastern Heroes are both cut, cropped and horribly dubbed.

I hope that by miracle some distribution company such as Dragon Dynasty or someone at fortune star reads this and decides to re-release this wonderful movie in its original form, rather than the nonsensical versions around which give this film a bad name.

Same goes for Snake and Crane, Half a Loaf of Kung Fu and Magnificent bodyguards.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

well from what I know dragon dynasty went out of business or some thing like that so you can scratch that off your list :tongue:but if you don't mind me asking where did you buy the dragon fist movie at??? I been looking all over for that impossible to find

thanks

Hello KFC,

Yesterday I received my Hong Kong Legends Ultra-Bit Edition of Dragon Fist to replace my old Eastern Heroes DVD. I enjoyed every minute of this. The plot, acting, fights and twists were all awesome. This film was directed by Lo Wei and choreographed by Chan himself. However, this DVD is extremely rare and expensive and the only subtitled copy still in print is the Columbia Tristar DVD which is cut by over 20 minutes! Every Fortune Star official DVD lacks any English subtitling and the two horrible DVDs released by Eastern Heroes are both cut, cropped and horribly dubbed.

I hope that by miracle some distribution company such as Dragon Dynasty or someone at fortune star reads this and decides to re-release this wonderful movie in its original form, rather than the nonsensical versions around which give this film a bad name.

Same goes for Snake and Crane, Half a Loaf of Kung Fu and Magnificent bodyguards.

TheKungFuRobber
well from what I know dragon dynasty went out of business or some thing like that so you can scratch that off your list :tongue:but if you don't mind me asking where did you buy the dragon fist movie at??? I been looking all over for that impossible to find

thanks

I got it on eBay. Can't remember where. Sorry. You can download an ISO of it from ADC, you will need a dual-layer disk though. If you are not signed up to ADC, you will need to fill an application and always maintain a minimum share ratio.

I purchased the Ultra-Bit versions of all those films you mentioned, TKFR...

At the time, I'd no idea they'd go OOP so quickly. With the exception of New Fist of Fury, I have them all. Not bad releases, with little to no extras.

I'd recommend you try Amazon.UK.

:nerd:

Are a good shout- Why pay the ridiculous prices for a Region 2 disc when you can pay a fraction for the Aussie discs with the same content!!!

There was a time when the HKLs were cheap as chips but then HKL went out of business and the prices have steadily gone up since...

I'd be surprised if anyone reissued these

Archived