Wild City (2015) - Ringo Lam, Louis Koo

DiP

Ringo Lam's first project out of two -- tentatively titled Bou Chau Mai Sing in Cantonese -- recently started production in Kowloon, Hong Kong. The cast includes Shawn Yue, Taiwanese singer Joseph Chang, and veteran actor Jack Kao who previously worked with Lam on Full Alert.

Sources:

http://hktopten.blogspot.se/2014/06/20140614-shawn-yue-works-with-ringo-lam.html

http://translate.google.se/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2014-06-14/08284158560.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2014-06-14/08284158560.shtml%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D740

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I take it this is not Intoxicated City of Mazes, which was supposed to star Daniel Wu and Shawn Yue?

I think that might be the second project but since his name has been removed from the title at IMDB I'm not sure now. I'll inform you when I dig up more about it.

I think that might be the second project but since his name has been removed from the title at IMDB I'm not sure now. I'll inform you when I dig up more about it.

What confuses me is when news of "Intoxicated" broke out, it was reported that production would start in June of 2014, which pinpoints that fact to "Wild Secrets". Unless Ringo Lam and Shawn Yue are shooting two movies simultaneously?

Definitely let me know what you dig up. I couldn't find anything to think it's a different movie, other than the disappearance of Daniel Wu (and the title change).

Regardless, I hope Ringo didn't lose his touch. Looking forward to his gritty crime movies again! I like how he's going directly into hardcore stuff... and not making a love story starring Takeshi Kaneshiro! =D

Hands down, Louis Koo is the new Simon Yam...appearing in everything and then some...LOL

Hands down, Louis Koo is the new Simon Yam...appearing in everything and then some...LOL

or Anthony Wong?

I'm getting sick of looking at Louis Koo. Ever since Flash Point, I always looked at him as a p-ssy.

Normally don't care about Koo but he did exceptionally well in the Election films and Accident. I think working with To more would greatly benefit for him as an all-round performer. To has the ability to bring out the best of many HK actors being type-casted or sticking with their usual screen personas. Richie Ren, Lau Ching-Wan, Simon Yam, Anthony Wong, Roy Cheung... I could go on forever...

Normally don't care about Koo but he did exceptionally well in the Election films and Accident. I think working with To more would greatly benefit for him as an all-round performer. To has the ability to bring out the best of many HK actors being type-casted or sticking with their usual screen personas. Richie Ren, Lau Ching-Wan, Simon Yam, Anthony Wong, Roy Cheung... I could go on forever...

It's all about Bullets Over Summer. =D come on DiP... you're impressive, but sometimes... your jeepnie mentality comes out.

Hahaha, you wish :wink2:

Koo was alright but Bullets Over Summer was all Francis Ng's show.

lol honestly, was talking out of my ass. I don't remember it too well. I just remember his jogging pant and Hawaiian shirt combinations. And that it was a good movie.

abbotwhite

Nice hat Ringo.

Yeah, Louis is over exposed.

He was awful in Z Storm but the film itself was pretty dire too.

I have faith in R. Lam but I'm hoping for a minimal usage of CGI in shootouts and car chases/destructions that continues to plague HK action cinema.

uiBAiw7tSZE

Archived