The Interview (2014)

OpiumKungFuCracker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is scary. Seriously. Now surely the floodgates will open, where will it end? They can demand any film be taken down or cancelled? What about those in production? Hollywood will now be even more scared to push boundaries and so it will ensure that we get Transformers 57.

OpiumKungFuCracker
This is scary. Seriously. Now surely the floodgates will open, where will it end? They can demand any film be taken down or cancelled? What about those in production? Hollywood will now be even more scared to push boundaries and so it will ensure that we get Transformers 57.

Transformers 57, don't scare me!!!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

One Armed Boxer

This just keeps getting better, North Korea have now offered to run a joint investigation with the US to see who's really behind the hack! -

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30560712

It's interesting to note that this isn't the first time Hollywood has censored itself in recent years. The remake of 'Red Dawn' originally had China as the invaders, however fearing how China may react (& probably also how many box office receipts they'd lose from the lucrative China market), they put it back into post-production & digitally replaced all the Chinese flags with...you guessed it...North Korean ones!

I found it funny that The North Koreans in the Red Dawn remake were using US military equipment. If they well that well equipped, we would actually have consider them a real threat.

Also, what Korean that was spoken in the movie was bad and not right. Unless you knew the language and knew how Korean communists spoke you'd never know it. The lead bad guy played by Korean American Wil Yun Lee's Korean was bad.

Phantom Dreamer

A Steve Carell movie set in North Korea was nixed.

Sony have announced they WILL be releasing it, as planned, on Christmas Day - but "in a limited release" only.

So, nice to see Sony have found their balls, but only showing it in selected cinemas isn't quite good enough, I feel.

This whole thing's just fishy; Conspiracy time :tongue:

I mean this movie gotten so MUCH attention now, thanks to these "bad" hackers and the "bad" north koreans who tried to stop it. And all this publicity for free!

Well, if Sony pulled this off all I can say Kudos to them. This would be the nex step in advertisment...

Secret Executioner
This whole thing's just fishy; Conspiracy time :tongue:

I mean this movie gotten so MUCH attention now, thanks to these "bad" hackers and the "bad" north koreans who tried to stop it. And all this publicity for free!

Well, if Sony pulled this off all I can say Kudos to them. This would be the nex step in advertisment...

Always thought it could have been some kind of marketing ploy - it's not the first time someone is "hacked" and their stuff is "leaked"...

Especially considering Noth Korea and other "enemy powers" (Nazi Germany, the USSR...) have already been bad guys in countless American movies without any problem at all.

OpiumKungFuCracker

It was okay, more of a rental than anything. I enjoyed this is the end a lot more considering the talents behind this one. I will say this though, it was incredibly violent for a seth rogen vehicle.

Secret Executioner

Read the early reviews were tearing the film a new one... But I guess it's not the first nor will it be the last time a bad movie gets a lot of hype...

Nobody wants to make war on NK not only because they got no oil, but also because they are backed by the Chinese... Would you REALLY want to get in a war with China, seeing it's one of the most powerful nations in the world right now - and one at the core of the world economy ?

OpiumKungFuCracker

The people who hacked into Sony is probably the same ones who hacked into Sony Playstation and XBL. Undoubtedly but you never know.

One Armed Boxer

Seems like Sony can do nothing right with this movie. K-Pop starlet Yoon Mi Rae has revealed that her song 'Pay Day' was used in the movie without permission, and her agency has advised they'll be taking legal action against Sony as a result.

In a statement her agency said - “There were initial discussions for using ‘Pay Day‘ in the movie, but at some point, the discussions ceased and we assumed that it would not follow through. However, after the movie was released, we learned that the track had been used without permission, legal procedure, or contracts. We will be taking legal action against Sony Pictures as well as DFSB, the agency that had been carrying out the discussion regarding the use of the track.”

Full details can be found here - http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/26/yoon-mi-rae-to-take-legal-action-against-sony-pictures-for-using-her-song-in-the-interview-without-permission/#.VJ3Hc4heMP8.twitter

Morgoth Bauglir

I got this at Wal Mart. I think it just came out and it's only $10 for the Bluray. A lot of laughs. It starts out weak and most of the jokes fall flat, but they start to land eventually. The Boromir joke killed me. I've come to realize that Seth Rogan movies like this and also James Franco (Your Highness), they are just a string of stupid jokes and curses. That's all the movie is. I can't believe I just realized this. But I still liked it.

I haven't watched the news in about 15 years. I do listen to sports talk radio. I may be way off base here, or I may just be repeating what everyone else is saying. Is this movie basically a copy of Dennis Rodman's trip to Korea?

Archived