The Interview (2014)

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

2014 is going to be a good year for comedy, the best that I can remember for a long time. I'm hoping this is going to be as hilarious as This Is The End. Seth Rogen and James Franco are killing it right now.

Mj3uHftd5FQ

Thought it be funny and ironic to put this thread in this section

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2014 is going to be a good year for comedy, the best that I can remember for a long time. I'm hoping this is going to be as hilarious as This Is The End. Seth Rogen and James Franco are killing it right now.

Mj3uHftd5FQ

Thought it be funny and ironic to put this thread in this section

This looks good. Love these guys and their work. =D

OpiumKungFuCracker

What I notice about seth rogen vehicles is that the cinematography and frame work gets better as they go along in his career. I'm impressed by what I see on screen with the visuals/the action scenes with the tanks shooting and all that junk. I know it's just a teaser trailer but, it looks very high budgeted.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

One of 'our' local sports talk radio jockeys:

thought it was horrible.

:squigglemouth:

GD Y-Y

North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies.

They have gone as car as saying they will declare war if the movie is released

OpiumKungFuCracker
North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies.

They have gone as car as saying they will declare war if the movie is released

This movie is going to make history!!! Can't wait!!!

Secret Executioner
Kim Jong-un should have Rogen decapitated for crimes against cinema.

His father Kong Jong-Il was a big cinema fan apparently* and perhaps he'd agree.

This movie is going to make history!!!

Yup, just like Franz Ferdinand's assassination or the invasion of Poland by the Nazis. :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

I hear a couple of theater is still going to show the movie, one being Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Tx.

I hear a couple of theater is still going to show the movie, one being Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Tx.

No, the Drafthouse was going to show Team America instead, but now even that plan has been cancelled...

Apparently, pulling the movie could cost Sony around $100 million in the long run. It's a pretty ballsy move to drop the film entirely.

Sony have also put an end to Steve Carrell's upcoming thriller which also had a North Korea theme.

Instead they'll show Team America World Police in selected theatres for free... You gotta be kidding me !?

Well, I'm sure the dear leader will be happy about this news. What better way than to show a movie mocking his dead father :tongue:

I still think it's hilarious!

xh_9QhRzJEs

I still don't think this was North Korea. It was probably done by some homegrown hackers who are just trying to stir up shit.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Apparently, pulling the movie could cost Sony around $100 million in the long run. It's a pretty ballsy move to drop the film entirely.

Sony have also put an end to Steve Carrell's upcoming thriller which also had a North Korea theme.

That's what I was thinking. Its probably the same group of assholes who swatted gamers.

One Armed Boxer

The FBI have now confirmed that they believe the attack originated in North Korea, and even more interesting, Obama has gone on record and stated that he believes cancelling the movie was "a mistake". The president of the most powerful country in the world discussing a Seth Rogen movie, you seriously couldn't write this stuff. -

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30555997

Phantom Dreamer

Who would have thought while we were watching Freaks and Geeks on NBC, that 15 years in the future, two of the actors would be at the center of an international incident?

OpiumKungFuCracker

I don't think the movie is even the issue at this moment. I mean does North Korea really care about some Jews in Hollywood making a stoner movie? The Interview is not like some important progaganda film to a point where it pisses off a dictator. It has to do with power and North Korea has all the Cyber power in the world at this point. Unless China cuts them off?

Archived